• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

I'm wanting to get my wife something in .243 for Christmas. Is there a length of pull difference in the compact model vs. others or is it only the barrel length?

Thanks,

God bless America

Hi guys.
Do you know where Tikka is made?
If not, look your Tikka barrel :D
Now you can learn OG Finnish, a bit of twist of Karelian dialect.
I did with 2 of my friends a video, just playful competition with 3 different Tikka rifles
3 x 5 shot´s at 300-meters.
But it is not that every one shoot 3 x 5 by them own rifles, look the video and you see.
I am not sure can you call my Tikka as Tikka no more, only action is Tikka :ROFLMAO:
Video is 25-min long, so get your popcorns and beers, here it is.
Video headline, Tikat takoo tarkasti is about this in english, Tikkas hammers accurately.

Can a fellow Tikka enthusiast share some pictures as well as write a little about their experience with the Roughtech line of T3x's, specifically concerning:

- muzzle rise with the original brake
- if you replaced the brake and how easy/hard it is to remove it
- long range performance with the fluted barrel
- if groups start to open up once the barrel is warming up
- which velocities do you tend to get
Had a T3x Lite Roughtech 24” 6.5C with the fluted barrel. Fantastic rifle. Shot way better than it should have, even printing a few sub half MOA 5-shot groups out to 400y, and held up to 10-shot strings very well keeping them under 1 MOA. I didn’t shoot with the factory brake. It came off easily by hand. It was very slow though, 143 ELDX’s ~2550 if I recall correctly.

The plastic mags are perfect for a walking around gun. I’d go for the CTR mags over the AICS conversions, their compact size is great.

Reactions: 0Ulegen
Did anyone put a TAC A1 factory double stage trigger with the extra button to unload while safety is on into a CTR? Is there any kind of milling needed to fit that extra button?

Would like to have that feature on my hunting rifle. As well as the double stage function when wearing gloves in winter.

Absolutely happy with OEM trigger, so no need for a KRG Midas or something like that.

Thanks.

Originally, this was a Tikka Hunter in 300 WM. It took a tumble from a 4-wheeler, and the walnut stock didn't make it, so I upgraded to a Bell and Carlson stock. I painted the stock added a Razor LHT 3-15x42 MRAD recently, which beats my NX8 2.5-20x50 in eye relief.

I'm thinking of switching the barrel to a 7mm PRC using a Proof Research prefit. Down the road, I'm eyeing either a Mesa Precision stock or an MDT HNT26.

Show off your 7 PRC setups - need some inspiration!

Attachments

• IMG_3078.jpeg
    IMG_3078.jpeg
    338.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3077.jpeg
    IMG_3077.jpeg
    387.8 KB · Views: 72
Anyone have any info on or have a Tikka Boar Hunter (short barrel with sights Cabelas exclusive) they would discuss with me? Please pm me

Shouldered prefit barrels. Any problems with headspace?

The reason I ask is I have two prefits ordered. Once from Preferred Barrel Blanks in .243 Win and another from Straight Jacket Armory in 6GT. Both of them M24 contour. I chose shouldered as I thought it was the easy way out.

Then I purchased a X-Caliber barrel from a member here on the Hide. 6.5 CM M24 24" with a barrel nut. After installing the barrel I question my decision to order the shouldered prefits.

I currently have threaded the 6.5CM on a SS T3 mounted in a KRG Bravo utilizing CTR magazines.

Unfortunately due to spinal surgery to remove a synovial cyst I am unable to try the new 6.5 barrel.

Shouldered prefit barrels. Any problems with headspace?

The reason I ask is I have two prefits ordered. Once from Preferred Barrel Blanks in .243 Win and another from Straight Jacket Armory in 6GT. Both of them M24 contour. I chose shouldered as I thought it was the easy way out.

Then I purchased a X-Caliber barrel from a member here on the Hide. 6.5 CM M24 24" with a barrel nut. After installing the barrel I question my decision to order the shouldered prefits.

I currently have threaded the 6.5CM on a SS T3 mounted in a KRG Bravo utilizing CTR magazines.

Unfortunately due to spinal surgery to remove a synovial cyst I am unable to try the new 6.5 barrel.
I have used both shouldered and barrel nut barrels on my Tikkas. It doesn't matter as long as they are chambered and headspaced correctly.
I locktighted the barrel nut on may carbon wrapped .284 Winchester barrel so that it's as the same as shouldered.
Remove the action off of barrel with a slip in action wrench and and spin the next barrel on, torque the action and start shooting.

I've probably switched ten or more factory Tikka barrels (i.e. "pre-fits") to other actions. The lettering never quite lines up, but the go and no-go gauges show proper headspace.

Pre-fits work fine, as do fully threaded with a nut. Tikka actions are remarkably uniform, that's why companies make pre-fits in the first place.

Reactions: Graywolf.260
Just catching up on this Chassis… so.. is this a CTR DROP IN??? In other words, I can just remove the factory stock and install my rifle in this Chassis…no fitting issues???? Thanks!!
These look like the end-user supplied parts you need to buy (+$310, +28oz).

These look like the end-user supplied parts you need to buy (+$310, +28oz).

👍

Just catching up on this Chassis… so.. is this a CTR DROP IN??? In other words, I can just remove the factory stock and install my rifle in this Chassis…no fitting issues???? Thanks!!
Yes, any t3x should fit. No fitting, ar buffer tube with whatever stock you prefer and uses ctr mags.

Just a few quick question to ask those that are still running the Factory CTR Stock .

What action screw torque setting are you tightening to ?
Has anyone played with different settings ?
Does anyone tighten the front screw more than the rear ?

PS - please don’t tell me how you set up your KRG or MDT chassis etc , that will just make me jealous .😀

I’m after advice for the Factory “ Plastic Fantastic “ CTR Stock .

Just a few quick question to ask those that are still running the Factory CTR Stock .

PS - please don’t tell me how you set up your KRG or MDT chassis etc , that will just make me jealous .😀

Tikka is 7NM for metal bottom metal, which the CTR in OEM configuration qualifies for. Most people I think are using 65 in/lb if runing US numbers. Plastic bottom metal rifles are lower, like 45.

WHAT BARREL THAT IS?
Not from factory, or some one has done the muzzle thread afterwards, that is not made by TIKKA.
There is like a spigot done on lathe after the threads.
Profile of that barrel look like varmint, much thicker than TAC/CTR/UPR, those 3 has same profile barrel.
Mystery solved.
Spoke to Beretta today.
Rifle is a TACa1. Barrel is from the factory. The contour is a military contract overrun. It was used due to a lack of materials. I was told that they sometimes have limitations on available parts so they use what’s there. The finish is more of a military finish. Yes, all factory. The markings are lasered versus stamped, which I was told is totally normal. The contour step down is to accommodate an over barrel suppressor.
The woman I spoke to said this happens from time to time as production deadlines must be met.
After the conversation regarding the pics of the barrel and finish, I was told that the rifle was made one year ago today.
All in all, pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMG_9832.jpeg
    IMG_9832.jpeg
    952.5 KB · Views: 184

I use 65 inch lbs. both screws, I have had my rifle two years or so, factory stock, tack driver, .223, CTR…use, Varmints….. no, I have not tried any different settings… no need for me to.. Charlie112

Mystery solved.
Spoke to Beretta today.
Rifle is a TACa1. Barrel is from the factory. The contour is a military contract overrun. It was used due to a lack of materials. I was told that they sometimes have limitations on available parts so they use what’s there. The finish is more of a military finish. Yes, all factory. The markings are lasered versus stamped, which I was told is totally normal. The contour step down is to accommodate an over barrel suppressor.
The woman I spoke to said this happens from time to time as production deadlines must be met.
After the conversation regarding the pics of the barrel and finish, I was told that the rifle was made one year ago today.
All in all, pretty cool.
I have never heard that before.
But it is good, that the mystery is solved.
You got very rare rifle, bro ;)

I have never heard that before.
But it is good, that the mystery is solved.
You got very rare rifle, bro ;)
I’m still in shock. She told me that and I had never even heard of such a thing.
By the way, their customer service line is a complete joke. Two weeks of constant calling never getting through or a return call. 28 minutes on hold at 9am did the trick.

Reactions: viking78
Bought a MDT HNT26 for my Tikka. Anyone know if the factory magazine spring or whatever is called needs to be removed from the trigger assembly for the MDT mags??
IMG_3813.jpeg

Last edited:
Bought a MDT HNT26 for my Tikka. Anyone know if the factory magazine spring or whatever is called needs to be removed from the trigger assembly for the MDT mags??View attachment 8296408

Never had an MDT but yes, assume you want to move that. At least you do with bravos, the chassis has the mag retention features and the spring would get in the way.

Reactions: tacoman69
Although I really like Tikka T3's I can also live without. My two main hunting rifles this season are based on an old Remmy short action and a new Remmy long action. Have a custom Mauser built for rough use and closer stuff as well as a few T3's. I find even getting a few set's of action screws from Sako/Tikka has been an impossible task so far... even though if we have given them some carbon stocks for testing that were never returned.
edi

Factory Tikka SS 24" barrel can be very accurate.
I did shoot this 4-shot group 0.15 MOA today, but that last shot is the hardest.
I did knew, that i will miss that, brains just wont hold the pressure :D
I had another one nearly as tight as this.
Handloaded 139 Scenar with 44gr of N555.
It is a Tikka T3 and .260 Remington.
KRG chassis.
TIKKA 260REM.jpg

PFR goes PRS :eek:
Is there a invalid division, for people who has a lot of health issues?:LOL:
Going to hospital surgery, will see are they going to operate my kneew, hips and put titanium to the lower back.

That’s at 300m? Nice shooting! And fast, too. How big are the plates? I admit I skimmed through the video as I am tired and up late on vacation, so I might have missed some info.

What happened to your body? You don’t look old…if you don’t mind me asking, what’s your age?

That’s at 300m? Nice shooting! And fast, too. How big are the plates? I admit I skimmed through the video as I am tired and up late on vacation, so I might have missed some info.

What happened to your body? You don’t look old…if you don’t mind me asking, what’s your age?
Thanks.

Yes, it is 300-meter, hard to fing any longer in Finland, that are open for public use.
EU try to kill all the shooting, these 300m range starts to be rare too.
White plates are 4" on the middle, 6" on the side, the orange are 7" and 8".
My should was operated first time when i was 20 years old and doing my time on the Finnish army.
Military service is forced to do, or you might end to prison, loosers are taking the civilian service, that last even longer.
I have done joiner and carpenter jobs, the same right shoulder was operated second time when i was 25.
My back i had spinal disc herniation 2007, it had to do with surgery, it was so big, and push the nerves that i was nearly paralyzed.
That same place it came again and big time 4 years ago, but it not needed to put under the knife.
This summer i have been sick leave of burn out, my doctor took x-ray of the lower, hips and knees.
My lower back is fucked, joints between 1-5 are nearly with out the spinal disc, and a lot of degeneration on the spinal joints.
Pains 24/7 on the back, nervous pain, and my hips are having degeneration too, and then knees.
Going to see the doctor on next week to hospital, i would like them to do the MRI scannin of the knees, when can they do.
I hope not the joint replacement surgery yet, but i am just the guy who´s going to hear the news, what they can do.
Also lost my work at this week, the place where i was +8-years, that was not good place for the mental health, that´ why i had the burn out.
But life goes on, i hope i could do something of my own, from home, so i can take a rest if i feel, i have also
fibromyalgia, that is a bitch, constanly tired, pains when even where ever, it is kind of nervous rheumatism, got that sucker when my shoulder was operated second time, and i go the MRSA, 5 feeks in very high fever. One week in hospital, they thread me like i had ebola.
I was on quarantine for a week, then to home.
I had to ear 7 different antibiotic cure, the last one was that started to help, i lost over 20kg of weight, i was sure im going to die, because nothing seems to help, but the last medicine, i dont know what it was, but after that i started to get better.
Try to keep my mind clear, or if you loose that, the game is over, we only live here once, try to enjoy the ride, even it might be a bumpy one.
My age you can guess of the name of mine ;)

Last edited:
Assuming that’s you in the vid, @viking78 , you can’t be 78 otherwise you’re the youngest looking 78 year old I’ve ever seen.

I’m in my mid-fifties and you look younger than me!

And I rewatched that vid and I’m sad to say I cannot take you prairie dog shooting as I would not get a shot off. 😂

Last edited:
Thanks.

Yes, it is 300-meter, hard to fing any longer in Finland, that are open for public use.
EU try to kill all the shooting, these 300m range starts to be rare too.
White plates are 4" on the middle, 6" on the side, the orange are 7" and 8".
My should was operated first time when i was 20 years old and doing my time on the Finnish army.
Military service is forced to do, or you might end to prison, loosers are taking the civilian service, that last even longer.
I have done joiner and carpenter jobs, the same right shoulder was operated second time when i was 25.
My back i had spinal disc herniation 2007, it had to do with surgery, it was so big, and push the nerves that i was nearly paralyzed.
That same place it came again and big time 4 years ago, but it not needed to put under the knife.
This summer i have been sick leave of burn out, my doctor took x-ray of the lower, hips and knees.
My lower back is fucked, joints between 1-5 are nearly with out the spinal disc, and a lot of degeneration on the spinal joints.
Pains 24/7 on the back, nervous pain, and my hips are having degeneration too, and then knees.
Going to see the doctor on next week to hospital, i would like them to do the MRI scannin of the knees, when can they do.
I hope not the joint replacement surgery yet, but i am just the guy who´s going to hear the news, what they can do.
Also lost my work at this week, the place where i was +8-years, that was not good place for the mental health, that´ why i had the burn out.
But life goes on, i hope i could do something of my own, from home, so i can take a rest if i feel, i have also
fibromyalgia, that is a bitch, constanly tired, pains when even where ever, it is kind of nervous rheumatism, got that sucker when my shoulder was operated second time, and i go the MRSA, 5 feeks in very high fever. One week in hospital, they thread me like i had ebola.
I was on quarantine for a week, then to home.
I had to ear 7 different antibiotic cure, the last one was that started to help, i lost over 20kg of weight, i was sure im going to die, because nothing seems to help, but the last medicine, i dont know what it was, but after that i started to get better.
Try to keep my mind clear, or if you loose that, the game is over, we only live here once, try to enjoy the ride, even it might be a bumpy one.
Praying for you!

Reactions: viking78
"Yes, it is 300-meter, hard to fing any longer in Finland, that are open for public use.
EU try to kill all the shooting, these 300m range starts to be rare too."

I hope Finland doesn't mirror Ukraine when Russia invades by having to hand out AK47s to the civilian population and roam the streets with 'press gangs' (forced recruitment) for its army/navy. May the spirit of Simo Häyhä watch over your country and its people.

Just took a new T3X build out to the range yesterday to break in the barrel. Put 100 rounds downrange. Looks like it will be pretty accurate - under 1 MOA. Forgot to take pix. :whistle:

T3X superlite 6.5 CM (Since I already have the dies to reload)
MDT HNT26 Chassis
Vortex LHT Razor 4.5 - 22 X 50
Weight: 7.4 lbs on my not so accurate scale

"Yes, it is 300-meter, hard to fing any longer in Finland, that are open for public use.
EU try to kill all the shooting, these 300m range starts to be rare too."

I hope Finland doesn't mirror Ukraine when Russia invades by having to hand out AK47s to the civilian population and roam the streets with 'press gangs' (forced recruitment) for its army/navy. May the spirit of Simo Häyhä watch over your country and its people.
Well, many associations are able to use Finnish Defence Forces ranges (300m) and LFX training fields. Also there are quite a few weekend courses for reservists that are built around longer shooting distances and they don't require your war time position to be sniper related.

But don't worry, we really have a fairly big reservist army (and other branches) that are equipped and led. Those troops and especially calling them out to service is trained on a regular basis. So there is really no need of handing out assault rifles and just pointing in the general direction of the enemy.

I just found an older T3 1:12” .223. It already had an aftermarket shroud, and the buttstock filled with foam. I set it up with a spare steel lug and torx action screws. Shooting 3/4” with M193, so shouldn’t be hard to find a load with Varget and 55gr vmax’s.

IMG_9449.jpeg