• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tikka T3 Thread

Really depends on what you prefer. Best bet is to get behind a Tac A1 and see if it's comfortable. If you don't like it, then get a lite model or some other model with the appropriate bolt face and have a Smith spin you up a barrel and drop it into a Manners or a McMillan. The CTR is a great starting point but if you plan to swap the stock may as well save the extra $400-$600 you'd spend on the CTR and put it towards a custom barrel and stock.

I really like my McMillan stocks. I bought a Manners and quickly returned it due to the inlet not being centered, the color wasn't finished and the barrel channel wasn't straight. I much prefer McMillan but alot of people prefer manners to McMillan sit that again turns into a personal taste. I have my 6.5 and 223 both in McMillan A5 stocks right now. Hope this helps?
4603e5b11c2aff9f59cf6272fadf239e.jpg
1ccd74e31c5d01e41c660c9624224cae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What bipod are you running on the creed? Both are great looking rifles

Not a bad 5 shot group with my Tikka TSR-1 in 260. I think this 147 ELD load is going to be a keeper.
b14d4a920a89d0e5fd75b7ebfbc3ad98.jpg
ea4acc53943b15899fd5aa2dbcdd79c1.jpg
7eb4148b8d75865bde738946cb3e26f9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Nice! Factory barrel? Im assuming thats the same barreled action as the CTR and TacA1 then?

Nice! Factory barrel? Im assuming thats the same barreled action as the CTR and TacA1 then?

When reading a bit last night it seems the TSR has a matte black stainless barrel vs the TAC A1 having just a blued barrel. The TSR is single stage trigger while TAC is 2-stage. The TSR is also priced about $100 more than the TAC A1.

That's mostly true. My TSR-1 is definitely a single stage trigger, very nice too. But mine is an uncoated matte stainless action.

image.jpg

Not a bad 5 shot group with my Tikka TSR-1 in 260. I think this 147 ELD load is going to be a keeper.
b14d4a920a89d0e5fd75b7ebfbc3ad98.jpg
ea4acc53943b15899fd5aa2dbcdd79c1.jpg
7eb4148b8d75865bde738946cb3e26f9.jpg

Nice shooting!!
i think you found a good load.
Thats really pushing them from a 20" barrel.

Nice shooting!!
i think you found a good load.
Thats really pushing them from a 20" barrel.

I'm not going to load any hotter but I have zero pressure signs and I'm not really worried about barrel life. When I shoot it out I'll get anther one spun on. I'm actually hanging with my buddy shooting factory loads out of his 26 inch tube. The 20 sure makes for a handy pkg.

I'm not going to load any hotter but I have zero pressure signs and I'm not really worried about barrel life. When I shoot it out I'll get anther one spun on. I'm actually hanging with my buddy shooting factory loads out of his 26 inch tube. The 20 sure makes for a handy pkg.

Whats your charge weight? That's about the speed I got out of my 20" with 139s.

What is on the end of your barrel?

HAHA an el cheap thread protector with tape I use from my threaded hunting rifle to keep crap out of the barrel while hunting, until the thread protector I ordered for it comes in.

I agree with you there!

Now, you're making me want to try out the 147s in mine. I originally figured that I should go lighter, but if I can get anywhere near 2700 fps with the higher BC heavies, I'd be very happy.

H4350 and 44 grains even in Lapua brass. Work up to that load though. It may be a little warm for some rifles.

I was only getting 2715 with my 20" CTR with Lapua brass and 140 ELDMs, and that was with a suppressor. That was with 44 gr of H4350 and CCI 200s.

I was only getting 2715 with my 20" CTR with Lapua brass and 140 ELDMs, and that was with a suppressor. That was with 44 gr of H4350 and CCI 200s.

I started at 42.6 grains and worked my way up to 44.4 but settled on the 44 grain even charge.

I have a Sig can but im waiting for it to get out of jail.

When reading a bit last night it seems the TSR has a matte black stainless barrel vs the TAC A1 having just a blued barrel. The TSR is single stage trigger while TAC is 2-stage. The TSR is also priced about $100 more than the TAC A1.

You can get the TAC with a 24” barrel and the TSR only came in the 20”.

Last edited:
Noob question...If I don't want to lap my rings are inserts the only way to prevent my rings from marking up the scope?

No, usually if you have good rings you won't have a problem. Never needed to lap my seekins or arc rings.

Noob question...If I don't want to lap my rings are inserts the only way to prevent my rings from marking up the scope?

No lapping required on decent rings, shouldn't have any marking issues. My faves are definitely the American Rifle Company rings, by far. For budget rings, I like TPS.

.308 I picked up last month. The PST will be what it wears for now, until I break down and buy a nightforce for it. Can't wait to take this thing out and see what she can do for me. Been waiting 4 years for the right opportunity to come along, got over $200 off regular price so I couldn't pass it up.
da8c00703fe7f03fe62cc93a6462713b.jpg
10ae20eeb1c453c76122cf6eb49d3d7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

E14B66CC-9FFB-45AF-A269-241B27AEB72B.jpeg My 30 Nosler build on Tikka T3x using our TRG
magazine compatible bottom metal to run Berger 215 hybrids at 3.50”. Looking forward to getting this scoped and starting on load development

• Caliber: 30 Nosler
• Action: Tikka T3x
• Barrel: Proof Sendero Lite 1:10 finished at 26”
• Stock: Manners EH1-A
• Bottom Metal: RedSnake nEXTgen TRG Bottom Metal
• Cerakote: Tungsten (action and stock)
• Weight: 8 lbs 5 oz (upscoped)
• Gunsmith: ZG Customs

Reactions: JakeM
My 30 Nosler build on Tikka T3x using our TRG
magazine compatible bottom metal to run Berger 215 hybrids at 3.50”. Looking forward to getting this scoped and starting on load development

damn that is sharp

sweet rifle, are you inletting all your stocks yourself? reason i ask is manners told me they can only do the t4 with the ctr dbm and there was a short run of t6's.

What scope base is that?

So looking for someone with a Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27 mounted on a CTR 20inch. I'm getting a 6.5 and just wanted to see what people were using exactly for a mount and rings.

Hey folks, quick question, how do your Tikkas run in the dust? I'm about to move to a pretty dusty place, and I've had trouble with some actions in the past. Im specifically curious about the blued action w/ stainless bolt found in most of the Lite models. Any problems with blowing dust? Any coatings or oil/grease recommendations in this case?

Last edited:
So looking for someone with a Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27 mounted on a CTR 20inch. I'm getting a 6.5 and just wanted to see what people were using exactly for a mount and rings.
EGW 20 MOA rail, Seeking/Vortex low rings in mine.

sweet rifle, are you inletting all your stocks yourself? reason i ask is manners told me they can only do the t4 with the ctr dbm and there was a short run of t6's.

Not all models of Manners stocks can be inletted for Tikka, and compatible bottom metal also varies based on the stock. For instance, the T4 can accept factory bottom metal (T3 or CTR). The EH1 requires a diff inlet depth and has been (until now) only compatible with CDI bottom metal.

We have two long action bottom metals — one is for AI magazines (3.715”) and can be used in any stock with factory bottom metal inlet. Our other version mates the TRG42 magazine with the Tikka action (essentially a long action CTR) and shares the same inlet depth as CDI.

I went through Near MFG.. Richard has some high quality stuff. I am up in Canada so it is the best option for me. Took just a few days to get my my rail for my tikka.

My next scope will probably also have his alpha mount system. Both my razor 4.5-27 and my pst 4-16 have his alpha mount, top notch.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Need more pictures in here....

Today's range session out in the sticks. Did some Dot Torture, man I was off, but it was fun. Still trying to figure out eye relief with this vortex, I feel like I have to crank my head backwards just to get a sight picture, not comfortable at all.

Dhs7pnh.jpg

nevUoDN.jpg

SuperSneakySniper,

I've had no issues running mine in dusty environments, including slung over my back on a motorcycle chasing pigs in dusty outback locations. Like most actions if they are over lubed they become dust magnets in this environment. I use a very minimal smear of grease on the locking lugs and run the rest dry. Wipe it down at the end of each day. The Tikka's don't appear to have an issue with very tight internal tolerances and the trigger mechanism is quite well protected from dust and dirt ingress. I've yet to have a factory trigger cause issues (all of mine fitted with lighter trigger springs and pull weights under 1.5lb).

I have one of my bolts coated in Cerakote microslick but still use the minimal smear of grease on the locking lugs. It really doesn't run any smoother than the uncoated bolts.

This is why I'm confused. [video]http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-precision-matched-rings-34mm-riflescope-92[/video]

The gen 2 is a 34mm tube. So are you talking about the .92 or 1inch?
Sorry, my mistake. Is the 1"

Has anyone had a good or bad experience with the Tactical Trigger Spring upgrade? I know there are plenty of happy Yo Dave Trigger Spring fans but I'm having trouble stomaching the $9 shipping charge on a $10 purchase.

Has anyone had a good or bad experience with the Tactical Trigger Spring upgrade? I know there are plenty of happy Yo Dave Trigger Spring fans but I'm having trouble stomaching the $9 shipping charge on a $10 purchase.

I have a Yo-Dave and a Mountain Tactical trigger spring. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Mountain Tactical spring. Once I get my Tikka 22 in it will be fitted with the Mountain Tactical trigger spring.

I'm running an EGW 20 MOA base with SPUHR SP-4001. I'm debating about either swapping the base back to the Tikka base and grabbing a SPUHR mount with 20 MOA, or just going with a direct SPUHR mount for the TRG. The EGW base is nice but it doesn't engage the action like the factory base. It's basically 2 flat pieces held together with screws and I've had them come loose once already.

I'm running a SPUHR 0 MOA now and the factory Tikka rail. This gets me to 1400 yards with my Steiner. I have a nightforce 20MOA base sitting in my reloading room and I just haven't gotten around to installing it.
33dfc7f3d688fce2c882f444281c3032.jpg