• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Yes, it’s part of the bedding block.

I’ve had one of these stocks that fit well as I received it and a couple that didn’t. Bedding straightened one out, it shot very well after. I think I returned the other one.

That tan with black web looks good with your rifle
Thanks

Your friend is correct. People spend a LOT of time and money to get a half MOA rifle.

-Stooxie
I see guys at the range all the time chasing that less than 1/2 moa group on paper at 100yds they are constantly tweaking this and that that and this and they say "once I get it where I want it at 100yds I am going to start shooting the steel targets out to 1000yds" Meanwhile I am ringing steel out to 1000yds with my 1 moa rifle and having fun those guys never look like they are having any fun they seem frustrated all the time........oh well to each his own.....LOL

I see guys at the range all the time chasing that less than 1/2 moa group on paper at 100yds they are constantly tweaking this and that that and this and they say "once I get it where I want it at 100yds I am going to start shooting the steel targets out to 1000yds" Meanwhile I am ringing steel out to 1000yds with my 1 moa rifle and having fun those guys never look like they are having any fun they seem frustrated all the time........oh well to each his own.....LOL

That is the complete truth, so many times I need to reminder myself. Did I hit what I am aiming at, if so, the group size really didn't matter.

This is from a Tikka T3 Carbon Six barreled 6.5PRC.
That’s factory ELDX ammo. 100 yards in less than 10 seconds.
It’s a hunting rifle. Although the groups it shoots are quite impressive, the first shot is all I care about.
Groups only matter at the range or competition. Fundamentals are what matter most.
I have several rifles capable of sub .5 groups. It’s catharsis for me to shoot them and it’s cheaper than a divorce.
Keep chasing those tiny groups if it makes you happy.
Just my opinion...

Attachments

• CB8F2B02-A292-4211-ACD5-8D606299BE4A.jpeg
    CB8F2B02-A292-4211-ACD5-8D606299BE4A.jpeg
    618.8 KB · Views: 105
I only have a 100/200 yard range that I can access, so there's not much else to do but practice fundamentals and positional shooting. If I have a 1/2 moa rifle and I'm only shooting 1 moa @ 100 yards, then there's room for improvement and not much else to do... I would love to be ringing steel @ 1000 yards, heck even 600 yards, but the range that can do that has a 6 year wait list... the public lands to shoot 1000 yards at are 3 hrs away, and closed half the time due to wildfire alerts.

I was shooting with this guy at my 600yd range he was one of those chasing his tail 1/4 MOA shooters and he was telling me about all the brass voodoo he does reloading, but then he couldn’t hardly hit a 10” steel plate at 600yds. I can’t lie I had a shit eating grin on my face after that....lol

Reactions: HolyCity73
Just Picked up a Tikka T3X CTR on sale a few weeks ago. Decided to do a custom paint job on it. What would ya'll recommend for a scope to replace the one I happen to have sitting on it? I can spend up to $2k on new glass.

T3X CTR 24" in 6.5 Creed
NF 20MOA rail
Dead Air Break
Manners T5A Stock
Atlas PSR Bipod
CDI Bottom Metal and AICS mag

Just Picked up a Tikka T3X CTR on sale a few weeks ago. Decided to do a custom paint job on it. What would ya'll recommend for a scope to replace the one I happen to have sitting on it? I can spend up to $2k on new glass.

T3X CTR 24" in 6.5 Creed
NF 20MOA rail
Dead Air Break
Manners T5A Stock
Atlas PSR Bipod
CDI Bottom Metal and AICS mag

View attachment 7110198
I’d wait until the new NF scopes are out and plentiful. The hide should be flooded with cheaper used offerings. Always a good choice!

That Proof product number (100929) gives a shank/ Knox form of 1.20"OD ( Ah La Remington). The standard Tikka barrel Shank is 1.13" OD thus your barrel OD at the receiver will be a little over dimension. It will still fit once threaded however the aesthetics may be called questionable by some. I've seen some Tikka receivers machined back to the flats. That still doesn't quite solve the issue but goes very close. Again a matter of aesthetics.

I run a proof stainless on my Tikka. My smith just trimmed the shank down to match the action.

Reactions: Anzac
Tru. I’ve also seen a shank tapered back to the receiver. It works but then makes it somewhat more “interesting “ when removing the barrel. Dealers choice.

This is from a Tikka T3 Carbon Six barreled 6.5PRC.
That’s factory ELDX ammo. 100 yards in less than 10 seconds.
It’s a hunting rifle. Although the groups it shoots are quite impressive, the first shot is all I care about.
Groups only matter at the range or competition. Fundamentals are what matter most.
I have several rifles capable of sub .5 groups. It’s catharsis for me to shoot them and it’s cheaper than a divorce.
Keep chasing those tiny groups if it makes you happy.
Just my opinion...

Did you use their shouldered pre-fit? Been considering a Carbon Six on my T3, good to see some positive results. Any pics of the rifle?

KRG and MPA. I love my MPA. I sold my Tac A1 chassis. I think it looks badass. Actual ability to use it sucks. The MPA was a huge upgrade and I put a KRG on my T1x. It was an awesome upgrade as well. Love both. If I had to have one MPA

I chose the Bravo for the ability to both Hunt and Compete. MPA was way too heavy if I ever wanted to take it hunting. The KRG Bravo is only a few ounces heavier than the CTR stock setup.

I chose the Bravo for the ability to both Hunt and Compete. MPA was way too heavy if I ever wanted to take it hunting. The KRG Bravo is only a few ounces heavier than the CTR stock setup.

A few onces? More like a pound, and that's with zero accessories. It's definitely one of the lightest chassis, for sure, though. Once they get the CTR BM version done that will save a few ounces since the 10 round CTR mag is lighter than a 10 round AICS mag.

-Stooxie

A few onces? More like a pound, and that's with zero accessories. It's definitely one of the lightest chassis, for sure, though. Once they get the CTR BM version done that will save a few ounces since the 10 round CTR mag is lighter than a 10 round AICS mag.

-Stooxie

Ah I didn't know! When I was shopping I thought it was 2.5 lb for the CTR stock + dbm, vs 2.9 lb for the Bravo (yes accessoryless).

easy peasy….search youtube (y)

I agree. I installed my Sterk swept ball in a matter of minutes using the Tikka-supplied bolt shroud removal tool.

As an aside, as trivial of an upgrade as it seems, it really does add a lot to the feel and function of the bolt throw.

Edit to add question: Does anyone know what material Tikka bolts are? I've got a Tac A1 in 6.5CM and I'm toying with the idea of fluting the bolt. If its stainless, I'll just polish it up after and leave it raw. If it's carbon, I'll have it coated.

I agree. I installed my Sterk swept ball in a matter of minutes using the Tikka-supplied bolt shroud removal tool.

As an aside, as trivial of an upgrade as it seems, it really does add a lot to the feel and function of the bolt throw.

Edit to add question: Does anyone know what material Tikka bolts are? I've got a Tac A1 in 6.5CM and I'm toying with the idea of fluting the bolt. If its stainless, I'll just polish it up after and leave it raw. If it's carbon, I'll have it coated.

Thanks, now I know what that "thing" is (bolt shroud removal tool) that came in the package, LOL, ;)
Looks pretty easy BTW, just wondering how the "fit" was of the new Sterk handle? did the original come off "easy" and the Sterk install the same way? Cheers

Thanks, now I know what that "thing" is (bolt shroud removal tool) that came in the package, LOL, ;)
Looks pretty easy BTW, just wondering how the "fit" was of the new Sterk handle? did the original come off "easy" and the Sterk install the same way? Cheers

The original plopped out with a gentle tap once tension was removed. The Sterk handle I chose was coated and thus had a little extra material on the mating tenon. It still went in under hand pressure but was a little more snug than the OEM. All in all, pretty painless process as far as things go.

Got to participate in the Hornady PRC match over the weekend. I didn't do anywhere close to where I normally do but I still had a blast. Until I got home and received the news that J Allen had to close their doors...... I'm thankful to have a few of their chassis's, if only others could continue to enjoy their products.
Hornady (1).jpg

Until I got home and received the news that J Allen had to close their doors...... I'm thankful to have a few of their chassis's, if only others could continue to enjoy their products.

??? seriously? WTF if that is so, that really sucks. I was hoping to get one soon, been working my butt off to save up for one. that is a shock

??? seriously? WTF if that is so, that really sucks. I was hoping to get one soon, been working my butt off to save up for one. that is a shock

Unfortunately it is true.. They announced it 2 days ago that they are shutting their doors.

What's the recommended commercial ammo for a 6.5 creed 24" CTR factory barrel, and does anyone happen to have a dope chart based off of that ammo's performance out of the 24" CTR setup, preferably in mils?

What's the recommended commercial ammo for a 6.5 creed 24" CTR factory barrel, and does anyone happen to have a dope chart based off of that ammo's performance out of the 24" CTR setup, preferably in mils?

Sako TRG precision line ammo is a superd accurate ammo.
TAC A1 has a same barrel than it is in CTR.

And if you want to reload, Lapua brass for 6.5cm and 123gr Scenar, dope gear that combo.
I did shoot 5mm 5-shot groups with that load, i used Vihtavuori powder.

Reactions: bnaples
Sako TRG precision line ammo is a superd accurate ammo.
TAC A1 has a same barrel than it is in CTR.

And if you want to reload, Lapua brass for 6.5cm and 123gr Scenar, dope gear that combo.
I did shoot 5mm 5-shot groups with that load, i used Vihtavuori powder.

I wont be reloading for a while, what bullet weight and specific Sako TRG ammo did you find works best with the CTR barrel and twist rate? Any velocity or trajectory data would be great as well.

Reactions: viking78
My son and I shot a Jim See format team match at Spearpoint Ranch on Saturday. One rifle had to be a 223 and they had seperate bolt/AR classes, 5 targets/stage, and all targets had to be hit twice to clear the stage. You start the stopwatch before you shoot and stop it when finished. 15 second penalty per target not cleared.

Went up Friday to confirm dope before the match and spend the night in their lodge. The farthest targerts were going to be 995, so we made use of their 300-1400 yard range and confirmed to 1000. I went on out to 1400 with my Tikka 22BR, so my son decided to take a shot at the 1400 with the Tikka Varmint 223. I should have had the video going, because he dialed 15 mils and hit it on the first shot. I was amazed what the 75gr ELDM did at that distance.

We took the penalty on one stage and cleared all the rest. It was a great time except for the 97 degree heat and the fact that I didn't contribute near as much as my son did. We ended up 1st in bolt and 5th overall, and it was because he was on fire with the 223.

My son shot the best he has ever shot at any match and he has decided the German Gun Stock Raptor is the way to go. There was a rock stage that he couldn't fit any of our bags in, so he taped my Gittings Equalizer Skid pad on the forend and ran with it.

Time to do a tall target test on my Ares ETR and see why I was up to .5 mil high on some stages and dead on for others.

Does the 22br feed reliably in your Tikka?
Is it the factory center stack mag or an AI type?
I've been thinking of screwing a 6br barrel on one but I'm a bit hesitant since I had issues with a 20br in a Rem 700

My son and I shot a Jim See format team match at Spearpoint Ranch on Saturday. One rifle had to be a 223 and they had seperate bolt/AR classes, 5 targets/stage, and all targets had to be hit twice to clear the stage. You start the stopwatch before you shoot and stop it when finished. 15 second penalty per target not cleared.

Went up Friday to confirm dope before the match and spend the night in their lodge. The farthest targerts were going to be 995, so we made use of their 300-1400 yard range and confirmed to 1000. I went on out to 1400 with my Tikka 22BR, so my son decided to take a shot at the 1400 with the Tikka Varmint 223. I should have had the video going, because he dialed 15 mils and hit it on the first shot. I was amazed what the 75gr ELDM did at that distance.

We took the penalty on one stage and cleared all the rest. It was a great time except for the 97 degree heat and the fact that I didn't contribute near as much as my son did. We ended up 1st in bolt and 5th overall, and it was because he was on fire with the 223.

My son shot the best he has ever shot at any match and he has decided the German Gun Stock Raptor is the way to go. There was a rock stage that he couldn't fit any of our bags in, so he taped my Gittings Equalizer Skid pad on the forend and ran with it.

Time to do a tall target test on my Ares ETR and see why I was up to .5 mil high on some stages and dead on for others.

I've been thinking of screwing a 6br barrel on one but I'm a bit hesitant since I had issues with a 20br in a Rem 700

I wont be reloading for a while, what bullet weight and specific Sako TRG ammo did you find works best with the CTR barrel and twist rate? Any velocity or trajectory data would be great as well.

140 american gunner and 140 eld match shot great in mine.

Download hornady 4dof app. Its free. Best way to get the drop data you want.

It feeds great. I am using the MDT 12 round AICS mags with modified Primal Rights mag kits. I tried a friends new MDT BR mag that comes set up for the BR/Dasher rounds, but it needs some mods to work for me. My mags feed in his Impact, but he needs to mod the MDT BR mag so it works for him too.

Last edited:
Reactions: silhouette
Does anyone have a lead on a retailer in the US that has the Sterk Swept Ball Handle in stock? I want to see if anyone local has it before I pay to have it shipped all the way from Australia.

Does anyone have a lead on a retailer in the US that has the Sterk Swept Ball Handle in stock? I want to see if anyone local has it before I pay to have it shipped all the way from Australia.

I wasn't able to find a local retailer, but the cost from AUS + Shipping with the AUD to USD conversion rate is cheaper than the cost in USD to buy it.

I think it's 120 AUD to buy / ship it. So that's like $85 US.

I wasn't able to find a local retailer, but the cost from AUS + Shipping with the AUD to USD conversion rate is cheaper than the cost in USD to buy it.

Yup. I ordered one in January and it was exactly 124 AUD for me from Australia to Delaware. Came out to $87 and change. 100 AUD for the handle, 24 to ship.

I just ordered from John via email. He’s a great guy and makes a seriously quality product.

Yup. I ordered one in January and it was exactly 124 AUD for me from Australia to Delaware. Came out to $87 and change. 100 AUD for the handle, 24 to ship.

I just ordered from John via email. He’s a great guy and makes a seriously quality product.

Yeah you guys were right, I found a site called delta tactical (https://www.deltatactical.com.au/sterk---tikka-swept-back-ball-handle-p989) that had them in stock and even with the "express shipping" from aussieland it only cost 85 after the currency conversion. That's cheaper than what used ones are going for on here.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
Just so you know @cannoncrossfire that has been liking these posts is Sterk. His avatar picture says sterk as well.

Neat, @cannoncrossfire you make some nice parts I cant wait till mine arrives.

The rifle is coming along really well otherwise. the scope arrives tomorrow and I'll be taking it out to about 750 yds this weekend to see how it does.

Last edited:
My tracking history right now has it:

Dropped off at AUS mail on Friay the 12th.
Departed Aus Monday the 15th.
Landed in Los Angeles Tuesday the 16th.

Still stuck in customs.