• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

I would have salvaged my T3X lite barrel and resold if it hadn’t been a pencil barrel and worthless on the secondary market.

Mine was the lite sporter profile. Since Tikkas are fairly accurate, just about any of the factory take offs can be reused on a different Tikka. They're not quite as worthless as one might assume. (Caliber dependent of course)

Any suggestions on how to remove the picatinny rail section from the stock of a Tac A1 to install the Mountain Tactical Bag Rider? Seems like a pin a staked in place.

Mine came right off with an allen wrench. The pin is more like a guide
Just pull and twist a bit after the screws are out

My smith confirmed today he had to relief cut my OEM barrel to get it off. Bummer.

Are most of you guys using polymer mags with you chassis or prefer the metal mags? I have a polymer, thinking about buying a metal one. Is there a benefit?

Are most of you guys using polymer mags with you chassis or prefer the metal mags? I have a polymer, thinking about buying a metal one. Is there a benefit?
I have been using MDT Non-Binder Plate AICS pattern mags for my 6.5 CM and MDT polymer mags for my .223.
So both...

I’m looking for Tikka T3x prefit barrels in 20 cal. Specifically 20 VarTarg. Anyone know of a source for chambered barrels? Preferably a shouldered prefit?

Thanks

I’m looking for Tikka T3x prefit barrels in 20 cal. Specifically 20 VarTarg. Anyone know of a source for chambered barrels? Preferably a shouldered prefit?

Thanks

Try the usual suspects, bugholes, criterion, etc.

Any leads on replacement cheek pads for the Tac A1? I'd like to experiment with a little bit of cant (heat gun and twisting it outwards) but would like a spare to get back to factory specs in case I mess up

What stocks or chassis should I consider for next season im new and want to shoot a few PRS matches with my tikka ctr?

What stocks or chassis should I consider for next season im new and want to shoot a few PRS matches with my tikka ctr?

To provide you with a more detailed answer I believe more information is needed from you regarding what your budget for this particular item is? Do you have a preference between a stock and a chassis?

To provide you with a more detailed answer I believe more information is needed from you regarding what your budget for this particular item is? Do you have a preference between a stock and a chassis?

I don't really have a preference besides hopefully resale. I'm just getting into it. So I would like to learn on this rifle before I get a custom gun. Then I'll sell evenings and move my vortex Razer gen 2 over

You could go to a match and see what others are using and that can give you a reference to what you may like or prefer. Or just get a KRG Bravo and add things to it like an Arca rail or spigot. You will probably need a 20 MOA rail unless you already did that.

If you can afford an MDT ACC, those are great for PRS, some like Masterpiece Arms. Lots of choices.

I think I know this answer but want to verify.

I have a Tikka action that I'm using to build a 25SST . The action came from a 7mag, so set up for long action. I'll probably replace the bolt stop with a short action one since I won't need the length. I'm looking for stocks and wondering about the factory bottom piece; the bottom can accept either a short or long action magazine, correct? I won't need the length so I'd like to run the short.

Also, anyone use the Mtn Tactical billet mags? Do they fit a magnum size case in the short action, 25SST is based off the SAUM case. And what COAL they allow, will need about 2.92" at the most. A stock set up for a CTR is also a possibility.

You could go to a match and see what others are using and that can give you a reference to what you may like or prefer. Or just get a KRG Bravo and add things to it like an Arca rail or spigot. You will probably need a 20 MOA rail unless you already did that.

If you can afford an MDT ACC, those are great for PRS, some like Masterpiece Arms. Lots of choices.
Perfect thank you! I'm going to ro a final. I doubt I'll see many tikkas.

How well do each of them resell?

Perfect thank you! I'm going to ro a final. I doubt I'll see many tikkas.

How well do each of them resell?
There are many stocks and chassis that fit Tikkas, so the guns and chassis you look at do not necessarily have to be Tikka receivers. MDT or KRG, there are more, you can google them and find a whole bunch. I'm sure they are mentioned in this thread. I have an MDT ACC and it can be versatile for me by adding and taking away or moving weights. Heavy guns manage recoil the best.

There is always someone who will buy stuff.

good luck

There are many stocks and chassis that fit Tikkas, so the guns and chassis you look at do not necessarily have to be Tikka receivers. MDT or KRG, there are more, you can google them and find a whole bunch. I'm sure they are mentioned in this thread. I have an MDT ACC and it can be versatile for me by adding and taking away or moving weights. Heavy guns manage recoil the best.

There is always someone who will buy stuff.

good luck
Thank you for the info. I'll try to find some thing used!

Do any chassis fit the tikka short action and the rem 700 short action?

If they do, then work has been done to the action(s) because one has a recoil lug at the face of the receiver and the other utilizes one in the stock. I would get a KRG Bravo if you like a conventional stock feel. I have a mcrees g10. It works fine. Both take the ctr mags if you specify that option. I like the spigot for the krg though. Resale is not the best on anything during normal times. It's 2020, so take that fwiw.

They are different cuts.

1 specific chassis that you put a Tikka in, take it out and try to put a 700 in? No.

Having a chassis that fits a Tikka that you could also get that same chassis for a 700 (2 seperate chassis)? Yes.

For example krg Bravo. Can be gotten for Tikka with AICS, Tikka with ctr, Remington 700 sa, 700 LA, or howa 1500. That is 5 different chassis. The 2 tikkas can take the same barreled action. Others only fit that action. Externally they are all krg Bravo.

I have a KRG Bravo with a Tikka CTR in it that I might be selling (the Bravo). The Bravo is way too good for the money. I just feel like putting this gun in a traditional stock and building a second gun in a chassis.

its like me asking if i have to pay for shipping when ordering from outside australia
i had to pay shipping to get mine to the next state from John :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Bucket
do you have to pay for shipping when ordering from sterk?
its like me asking if i have to pay for shipping when ordering from outside australia
Yes, but it's cheaper buying from him than from the US suppliers
Also you are supporting a fellow Hider who does beautiful work. @cannoncrossfire

BTW why does it seem like I'm always @ ing you in?

haha well some guys just raise their price a bit and bake in the shipping costs so they can offer "free" shipping. glad to support someone making some awesome products!

I wasn't having a dig girls, John is a lovely guy! I have him on speed dial if I ever need anything. I just wish I had more Tikka's to buy more off John ;)

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
I shot my 6.5 creed Tikka T3 build for the first time today.
Some observations:
- The bolt is insanely smooth.
- The ejector HURLS brass 10 feet.
- I am not a KRG Bravo fan.
- I like my precision bolt guns with a blind magazine.
- Shot about a 1.3” group at 100 yards with the cheapest ammunition I could find.

Anyone want a New KRG Bravo chassis with enclosed forend and tons of extras for a good price?

I shot my 6.5 creed Tikka T3 build for the first time today.
Some observations:
- The bolt is insanely smooth.
- The ejector HURLS brass 10 feet.
- I am not a KRG Bravo fan.
- I like my precision bolt guns with a blind magazine.
- Shot about a 1.3” group at 100 yards with the cheapest ammunition I could find.

Anyone want a New KRG Bravo chassis with enclosed forend and tons of extras for a good price?
Yes, yes, yes, disgusting, stop being poor.

The Bravo is like a dead Slovakian hooker. It still does what you paid it to do, it feels better than it should, but at the end of the day it has no soul and you don’t really want to show it to your friends.

I’ve recently cut my CTR Barrel down to 17.5” to save some weight/length after adding a sico omega. Problem is, the “slow” tikka barrel just got slower. Only getting about 2500 FPS with 140gr factory stuff and suppressor on.

Thus, I am looking for an upgraded barrel. Either a carbon/smaller profile barrel in 20” or an 18” barrel in roughly the same profile as the CTR.

I’ve checked out PVA, carbon 6 and preferred. Any other options or recommendations?

Reactions: bikejunky
I’ve recently cut my CTR Barrel down to 17.5” to save some weight/length after adding a sico omega. Problem is, the “slow” tikka barrel just got slower. Only getting about 2500 FPS with 140gr factory stuff and suppressor on.

Thus, I am looking for an upgraded barrel. Either a carbon/smaller profile barrel in 20” or an 18” barrel in roughly the same profile as the CTR.

I’ve checked out PVA, carbon 6 and preferred. Any other options or recommendations?

I've done a quite a bit of looking at pre-fits for Tikkas. The safe bet in my book is PVA. Although if you're looking for a barrel on a hunting rifle I'd recommend Proof. I have a Proof 22" 6.5 CM that shoots 2865 fps with some mild loads.

Reactions: YotaEer
I've done a quite a bit of looking at pre-fits for Tikkas. The safe bet in my book is PVA. Although if you're looking for a barrel on a hunting rifle I'd recommend Proof. I have a Proof 22" 6.5 CM that shoots 2865 fps with some mild loads.

It is a mix of hunting and target. Probably true 50/50. Hunting is groundhogs and whitetails. Shooting steel out to 700 max.

I have reached out to Tim at Solid Accuracy/Criterion as I've heard good things about them as well. Thank you for the feedback!

Has anyone on here had their t3x long action ejection port milled for loads with COAL at or around 3.600” ...I have a 300wm that hammers the Berger 180g elite hunters but only when I put them about .010 off the lands...when I finally got them to feed reliably by modifying the feed ramp with a dremel, I realized that if I don’t fire the load I can’t eject the cartridge without pulling the bolt past the bolt stop.....not the greatest for hunting rifle.

I’m running Atlas bottom metal with a MDT aics pattern magazine and I had to dremel the front of the trigger to get the magazine to seat...after that without modifying the feed lips of the mdt Mag the Berger’s would catch the front of the chamber of the barrel🤬and also the cartridges hit the bottom of the bolt head when shoving the magazine in with bolt all the way open. I’ve got it to feed ok but I hate ok. Has anyone else noticed any of these issues?

Has anyone on here had their t3x long action ejection port milled for loads with COAL at or around 3.600” ...I have a 300wm that hammers the Berger 180g elite hunters but only when I put them about .010 off the lands...when I finally got them to feed reliably by modifying the feed ramp with a dremel, I realized that if I don’t fire the load I can’t eject the cartridge without pulling the bolt past the bolt stop.....not the greatest for hunting rifle.

I’m running Atlas bottom metal with a MDT aics pattern magazine and I had to dremel the front of the trigger to get the magazine to seat...after that without modifying the feed lips of the mdt Mag the Berger’s would catch the front of the chamber of the barrel🤬and also the cartridges hit the bottom of the bolt head when shoving the magazine in with bolt all the way open. I’ve got it to feed ok but I hate ok. Has anyone else noticed any of these issues?
Just use the bolt stop and pull the bolt back until the round comes out.

I don't know about the round hitting the bolt.