• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

62F306B3-6903-43B8-A84A-3D909F2B9603.jpeg

As stock as it will ever be. Now to find an optic! Anybody have any thoughts on the viper pst gen II? Trying to stay under $1k

Does anyone want to convert their T3x from a magnum to a standard .470 boltface action? Maybe to a competition rifle or something like that? Im looking for someone to swap me if anyone is interested

Shaen rifle works in Cali will open your bolt face for like 120$ I think.
Hes doing a 6.5cm to prc conversion for me. I was looking to see if someone wanted to switch bolts since they wouldnt be able to go the other way and it would save on machining cost. If someone is intersted its on a brand spanking new t3x.

Just put my first T3 (223 varmint) into a KRG X-Ray yesterday. Ergos are OK, but the whole rig is a little light in the butt for my taste. Thinking ahead on the potential release of an AICS AX chassis --- are there any definitive conclusions available yet regarding that chassis and mag compatibility for a 223?
I just did the same !

Attachments

• tikka.jpg
    tikka.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: Gleetu
Last edited:
Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
wow 1000$, makes me consider getting the 20" sporter on gunbroker just to have that cool stock as an option for target shooting. I am planning on putting it in a KRG either Bravo or Xray. Anything I should know about the Magazines in 223 and those chassis?
I run a .223 Varmint T3X in a KRG Bravo using CTR mags. Mags are expensive, but it's a nice setup.

Thank you for the link, Any suggestions for other linger replacements ??

Anarchy outdoors has decent options. Stocking is a bit more consistent. Their titanium handle is nice and beefy.

Last edited:
Does anyone want to convert their T3x from a magnum to a standard .470 boltface action? Maybe to a competition rifle or something like that? Im looking for someone to swap me if anyone is interested
LRI is selling a complete magnum bolt for $375 + $10 shipping. I just got mine on Saturday. I may be putting my .308 factory bolt on the market soon.

I lust. Although I sent everything to Shaen Rifles to do a caliber conversion with my bolt and a 6.5 cm CTR barrel. He is turning it into a 6.5 PRC

Reactions: DROWN and tbx
223 Varmint, first shots out of the barrel after sight in @ 100y.

Keeper

Any hints on reducing trigger pull, the adjustment screw is backed out until it touches the fastening screw

IMG_2633.jpg
IMG_2635.jpg

You'll find replacement springs that will crisp up the feel and even gain you a bit lighter pull. Personal experience, a trigger backed off that much could lead to problems, sometimes called slam fire in this thread. GL

You'll find replacement springs that will crisp up the feel and even gain you a bit lighter pull. Personal experience, a trigger backed off that much could lead to problems, sometimes called slam fire in this thread. GL
Thanks, ill look for a spring !

Anarchy outdoors has decent options. Stocking is a bit more consistent. Their titanium handle is nice and beefy.
I got an anarchy outdoors swept handle and knob on my T3x, and I vouch for them. Great quality.

Call @gr8fuldoug and get into an Ares ETR 4.5-30. more scope for the money and same warranty as Vortex
I also vouch for the Ares ETR, however they definitely don't have the same warranty. You could throw your Vortex out the window on the highway, or get bored and shoot it, and they'd send you a new one. I'm pretty sure Athlon just covers manufacturing defects for life. Vortex's warranty is unmatched, and a big selling point IMHO.

Anybody using the MDT ACC chassis with their Tikka T3? I have a 24" TAC A1 in 6.5 and considering swapping to the MDT chassis.
I have an ACC that I bought used on here. SHot one match with it last fall, have not shot it since. I pulled it out a few weeks ago and screwed on a Preferred Barrel 6 Dasher in their 900 varmint contour. It came with the internal weights, adding some home made external weights soon. Have too many projects right now.

I have a question for the tikka tac A1 owners.

On the folding butt stock are you able to attach a buffer tube and put a PRS stock on?

I’m pretty new to tikka stuff but considering buying one for this coming season.

I just want to know what options I have if I’m not a fan of the butt stock.

thanks

I have several tuned up tikkas, as well as high end full custom builds. A properly adjusted Tikka trigger is almost impossible to feel the difference from a TT special or field trigger. Timneys lower end stuff, same thing. My TT diamond triggers, you can notice a very slight difference in dexterity and break at lower pound settings. The Tikka for what it is, is a fantastic setup. Unless I'm building a long action case of more than 3.4" loaded length, I would take a Tikka over customs due to cost, short bolt throw, smoothness and the excellent factory trigger. The aftermarket has really taken to the T3 as well. Grayboe is stated the Phoenix stock will be coming soon in long and short action, factory bdm as well as aics dbm very soon. That will be a great option for this action as well.

I have a grayboe Phoenix with the factory CTR bottom metal coming any day now. Will update with pics/thoughts in the next couple weeks.

Reactions: khuber84
Update from Grayboe, they “weren’t happy in QC with how a rifle bolted into it was feeding. We are re-machining it and hope to get it out by the end of the month.”

this is their first go at a Tikka version of the Phoenix, so I’m glad they’re taking their time and not sending me a pile of shit.

I have a question for the tikka tac A1 owners.

On the folding butt stock are you able to attach a buffer tube and put a PRS stock on?

I’m pretty new to tikka stuff but considering buying one for this coming season.

I just want to know what options I have if I’m not a fan of the butt stock.

thanks
As someone who has a Tac A1 and knows nothing about ARs I'd like to know this also. Supposedly it's modular but it may not be completely standard. I've seen Tacs with the grip switched out, but I'm not sure if the butt section can be easily swapped, and it'd also be interesting to know if the forend could be switched out for non-enclosed forend.

Reactions: Lurp06x
I have a Tac A1, and was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a vertical pistol grip. Was looking to buy either the MPA or the MDT. Any input would be great!

I have a Tac A1, and was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a vertical pistol grip. Was looking to buy either the MPA or the MDT. Any input would be great!
Here is a new one from M&K you might want to check out also.

If you look at my previous post you can see what the Tac A1 looks like with the MDT Vertical Grip. I really like the feel.

Just added a 26” heavy contour prefit in 6.5 CM from International Barrels to the Tikka T3x Tac A1

Other spec:
Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27
Spuhr SP-4902 30moa mount
CKYE-POD
MDT Muzzel Brak, Arca Rail, Vertical Grip, Forend Weights
Sterk swept bolt knob
GRS bag riderView attachment 7547790

Last edited:
I have an older model Tikka T3 CTR in .223 1/8 twist with the older style plastic magazines which I hate. Anyone here have a similar rifle and use the Gen2 Billet Magazine form Mountain Tactical? If so what are your thoughts would you buy another one?

Here is a new one from M&K you might want to check out also.
I saw that last night when I was browsing the internet. Not a bad design, and like the idea with the watchable thumb rest. Just wish I knew someone that is using it, for feedback.

17.5" Proof in 6x45
Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15
Talley rings
KRG Bravo
Nelson 12" arca rail
Glades bolt knob
MDT mag
With the Ultra 7, it's 10.5lbs. I'll pick up a lighter stock and scope at some point. Used an AR bolt catch spring to get the trigger pull under a pound. Cost $.40 and didn't spend $9 in shipping. Fires 55gr Varmageddon at 3125fps. Should do well on critters.

20210302_202804.jpg

Last edited:
17.5" Proof in 6x45
Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15
Talley rings
KRG Bravo
Nelson 12" arca rail
Sterk bolt knob
MDT mag
With the Ultra 7, it's 10.5lbs. I'll pick up a lighter stock and scope at some point. Used an AR bolt catch spring to get the trigger pull under a pound. Cost $.40 and didn't spend $9 in shipping. Fires 55gr Varmageddon at 3125fps. Should do well on critters.

View attachment 7587785
Nice rifle, handle is a different maker though.

Reactions: 260284