• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Time for a dumb question.

On the T3x TACT A1 if at some point I wanted to change the caliber from 260 Remington to 6.5 creedmoor would I be able to do so?

2 x 260rem CTR Tikka T3X rifles with KRG chassies.
My friend bought a CTR too, from my recommendation.
KRG X-RAY gen4 chassis.
Scope and mount are my old, Spuhr & Kahles K624i with MSR reticle, sweet.
Maybe later my mate is going to upgrade that chassis to a Whiskey, with the folding stock and Whiskey forend, not sure yet, is it going to be the closed or polymer.
Also loaded 101 round of ammo, 123gr Scenar with N150 Vihtavuori powder 38,6gr, sweet accuracy.
Is here other 260rem fellas on the forum usin Tikka?
260REM3.JPG

Reactions: M77 and HolyCity73
Time for a dumb question.

On the T3x TACT A1 if at some point I wanted to change the caliber from 260 Remington to 6.5 creedmoor would I be able to do so?
Yes.

Lapua_NewCartridges_260Rem_65Creedmoor_2021_1080x1080.png

All that would be needed is a barrel change.

Why would you want to though? They are competitors. 260 is maybe 50 fps faster factory. 6.5 creed has sharper shoulders. Same bullet size. Same bolt face. Can use same powder.

Now if you already have thousands of one vs the other then maybe I could see changing.

Ok so I have been looking for a TAC A1 mainly in coyote tan but would settle for black for about 4-6 months now. And i come across this on Brownells website. I sent them a email and got a response back this afternoon (08/30/21). They stated that "we do not have plans to restock this item at this point in time". So does anyone have any insight as to whether Tikka is still making these or have they dropped this from the manufacturing line up? It still shows on their website and when i reached out to the companies (Sako, Beretta and Tikka social media) and was referred to the brownell company. Im highly sadened by this to say the lease. Anyone know if this is due to covid or did they actually discontinue?

Attachments

• IMG_8404.jpg
    IMG_8404.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 52
Ok so I have been looking for a TAC A1 mainly in coyote tan but would settle for black for about 4-6 months now. And i come across this on Brownells website. I sent them a email and got a response back this afternoon (08/30/21). They stated that "we do not have plans to restock this item at this point in time". So does anyone have any insight as to whether Tikka is still making these or have they dropped this from the manufacturing line up? It still shows on their website and when i reached out to the companies (Sako, Beretta and Tikka social media) and was referred to the brownell company. Im highly sadened by this to say the lease. Anyone know if this is due to covid or did they actually discontinue?
What caliber you looking for because I recently seen 308 in stock at euro optic

Call Eurooptic if you want info. A long time vendor and major Tikka importer (which Brownells is not) will give you better info than social media accounts of the manufacturers.

Go count the number of Tikka models Brownells lists, then spend serious time looking at the Tikkas which Eurooptic lists. You were looking in the wrong place.

If it's not in stock anywhere, it's because this year's allotment sold out. There will be more coming when they order for next year, or whenever they order again. It sounds like Brownells won't be carrying Tikkas in the future. No big loss.

Last edited:
Reactions: DonHD1975
Call Eurooptic if you want info. A long time vendor and major Tikka importer (which Brownells is not) will give you better info than social media accounts of the manufacturers.

Go count the number of Tikka models Brownells lists, then spend serious time looking at the Tikkas which Eurooptic lists. You were looking in the wrong place.

If it's not in stock anywhere, it's because this year's allotment sold out. There will be more coming when they order for next year, or whenever they order again. It sounds like Brownells won't be carrying Tikkas in the future. No big loss.
Thanks. I'll give them a shout. Eurooptics doesn't say anything about being discontinued but it does show all but the left hand model 308 in the TAC A1 is out of stock. But i'll give them a shout in the AM. Again thanks. It seriously didn't cross my mind that they could be just sold out at this point in the year. Pretty much like everything else right now. lol. Ive never bought anything from brownells yet anyway.

@JohnCarter17 Just spoken to the Beretta rep.
Absolutely not true.
The TAC A1 is one of their top sellers.
They are adding a new range of calibres.....possibly the .300WM🤞
He won't confirm that , but has said it is one of the calibres most requested in their marketing surveys.

Production numbers are being increased for the TAC A1 to cover the worldwide demand.
Rest assured, the TAC A1 is around for a while longer.

Please bring out a .300 WM
💖

@JohnCarter17 Just spoken to the Beretta rep.
Absolutely not true.
The TAC A1 is one of their top sellers.
They are adding a new range of calibres.....possibly the .300WM🤞
He won't confirm that , but has said it is one of the calibres most requested in their marketing surveys.

Production numbers are being increased for the TAC A1 to cover the worldwide demand.
Rest assured, the TAC A1 is around for a while longer.

Please bring out a .300 WM
💖
Best news ever. Thanks for digging. I obsessed with this gun. I hope they make a 338 Lapua. I would work a third job to afford a tac a1 in 338. But starting off with a 6.5 is a better choice for a beginner.

The "Man Bun"🤣 6.5 Creedmoor is a lovely calibre.
As much as I enjoy my .308 Sako, the Creedmoor is now my everyday shooter.
I wish people wouldn't make fun of the 6.5. im like you it actually is a great round. I shot a few of my friends guns. It's about like crocs anymore. ugly and hippie fied, but dammit they are comfortable. i wont' wear them outside the house, oh hell no. lol. And as for man bun. Well id have to have more hair a little higher on my head for that. lol. I have 2 teenage daughters. Im lucky i have any hair. lol. Thus the need for a long range gun. lol.

I wish people wouldn't make fun of the 6.5. im like you it actually is a great round. I shot a few of my friends guns. It's about like crocs anymore. ugly and hippie fied, but dammit they are comfortable. i wont' wear them outside the house, oh hell no. lol. And as for man bun. Well id have to have more hair a little higher on my head for that. lol. I have 2 teenage daughters. Im lucky i have any hair. lol. Thus the need for a long range gun. lol.

who cares what other people think...I shoot in my crocs all the time 🤣. do what's comfortable...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210831-083729_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210831-083729_Gallery.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 230
Just wondering...has there ever been reports of the bolt handle coming of, due to the "dovetail" in the bolt cracking?

Surly, people using their tac/snip/target rifles with thousands of rounds with rapid and rough bolt movements would be the ones to see it first..

Just wondering...has there ever been reports of the bolt handle coming of, due to the "dovetail" in the bolt cracking?

Surly, people using their tac/snip/target rifles with thousands of rounds with rapid and rough bolt movements would be the ones to see it first..

I have not had that happen, nor have I heard of it happening.

Best news ever. Thanks for digging. I obsessed with this gun. I hope they make a 338 Lapua. I would work a third job to afford a tac a1 in 338. But starting off with a 6.5 is a better choice for a beginner.
Tikka action is too small for a 338 lapua. If you want a 338 lapua look at the SAKO Trg42. Same company.

Or even better go for the Hoplite Aspis. (Search here on the Hide for it.) $6900 and designed to handle redonculous pressures. 338 solids at 85-90k chamber pressure is in the works.

Tikka action is too small for a 338 lapua. If you want a 338 lapua look at the SAKO Trg42. Same company.

Or even better go for the Hoplite Aspis. (Search here on the Hide for it.) $6900 and designed to handle redonculous pressures. 338 solids at 85-90k chamber pressure is in the works.
I stumbled across those the other day and my jaw hit the floor. Very nice looking guns.

I have a T3 300Win action I want to rebarrel and buy a new stock/chassis for.

What would you all suggest as far as barrel length and profile for a jack of all trades kind of build? Mostly target shooting with the occasional possible hunting trip. Typical Midwest Terrain.

Same idea on a stock/chassis.

I have a T3 300Win action I want to rebarrel and buy a new stock/chassis for.

What would you all suggest as far as barrel length and profile for a jack of all trades kind of build? Mostly target shooting with the occasional possible hunting trip. Typical Midwest Terrain.

Same idea on a stock/chassis.
with a magnum action and what you are wanting to do with it I would suggest 6.5 PRC for the caliber if you are considering a caliber change

T3X CTR 260rem barrel accuracy test.
Did this on sunday, but uploaded the video on tube now.
Been shooting that 260rem from 2016 and well over 4000 rounds, still 0.3 MOA, and with out that last flyer, it would been tight as F group.
Just love this rifle, and the caliber.
I use Lapua 123gr Scenar, Lapua brass and Vihtavuori N150 38,6gr powder charge, COL is on my CTR 72mm. it is 3mm off the lands, so do not use 123gr Scenar on lands, it does not work, unlike the L-Scenar´s, that are much more like Berger bullets.
Im having this type of benchrest front rest, then will be seen how tight groups my rifles shoots :)

VIDEO.

I need a new rifle like another hole in the head but I would love a left-hand Tikka T3x Tac A1 in .223 Remington. I already have one in 6.5CM and love shooting it.

Anyone running an XLR Chassis with their long action mags?

I still haven't set up my switch barrel hunting rifle yet (1 yr after buying a donor gun and all that), but leaning heavily towards a 7mm SAUM loaded long and the XLR magnesium with a folder might be calling my name.

Just want to ensure theres some other people running this reliably before I take the plunge. I am also considering a AG Composites stock from OMR, but since I want a longer LOP and an arca rail and some other stuff, it will probably end up heavier and more expensive.

This is the way I'm going on future hunting builds after the one I'm having set up now in a McMillan. I hate the aesthetics of it but the utility and adjustability of the XLR more than balances that out and the weight really isn't that bad.
Yeah its pretty light. With a folder (which I want) its around 36 oz with the carbon butt stock and 48 oz with the tac butt stock... and thats with an ARCA rail the others dont have, its a folder, and the LOP is better (I'm tall). By the time I lengthen the LOP (which I cant do in a lot of the other lightweight stocks) and add an ARCA rail, they will probably weigh more than the XLR with the carbon stock, and not much less than with a TAC stock. I mean, just like you said - I sort of want the new Manners for the looks, but I'm skeptical that it will as good a hunting tool when its said and done.

But I do still want to bump my original question - I know there are feeding issues with aftermarket LA bottom metal and AICS mags with the Tikka's. My understanding is this shouldn't be an issue in an XLR since its a full chassis, but wanted to hear some first-hand experience.

Tikka T3x TAC A1 Buttstock Monopod Rail

Does anyone make a rail cover that will protect the monopod rail on the Tikka T3x Tac A1 buttstock?

Thanks

Resize 6767.jpg

Future Post, page 218

Tikka T3x TAC A1 Buttstock Rail Bag Rider

Does anyone make a cover that will protect the bag rider on the Tikka T3x Tac A1 buttstock rail?