• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka t3x 20 moa rail or Badger Ordnance Condition One Modular Mount with 20moa built in

TNGrunt

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2020
To start I’m new to the site and long range shooting. I’m still soaking up information everyday reading through the forums. I recently purchased a Tikka T3x A1 and I’m trying to decide on changing the rail out or just go with the modular mount from Badger Ordnance that has 20moa. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it. I’ve read the stock rail on the tikkas can be hard to get off.

What scope are you using? How far are you shooting? Would even ever take advantage of that additional cant or would the factory be just fine like in 90% of cases?

Probably going with a Nightforce, still deciding on 16 or 25 magnification. Out to 1000 yards. But want a little extra if I go out west.

Probably going with a Nightforce, still deciding on 16 or 25 magnification. Out to 1000 yards. But want a little extra if I go out west.
Ok, so now let’s get specific. What scope are you using?
Most likely you won’t need additional cant to go to 1k.

I’ve narrowed it down to the ATACR 5-25 x56 or 4-16 x50. I’ve been researching scope ring heights and it looks like I’ll need Atleast 1.4 -1.5 high to clear from what I’ve read so far. The 5-25x56 has more adjustment I know and probably will be plenty, which is what I’m leaning towards at the moment. But I’m just trying to do it right the first time and I have a ton more to learn.

I’ve narrowed it down to the ATACR 5-25 x56 or 4-16 x50. I’ve been researching scope ring heights and it looks like I’ll need Atleast 1.4 -1.5 high to clear from what I’ve read so far. The 5-25x56 has more adjustment I know and probably will be plenty, which is what I’m leaning towards at the moment. But I’m just trying to do it right the first time and I have a ton more to learn.
5-25 atacr has 35 mils of elevation available, half that with a 0 cant mount gives you 17.5 mils and that much travel can take my 6.5 creed to 1400 yards.

The flat rail will get you there but the 20 won’t hurt.

Reactions: kabarNC
That’s pretty good. I’ve been looking at Unimounts and it’s the same price with or without the cant.

That’s pretty good. I’ve been looking at Unimounts and it’s the same price with or without the cant.
Personally I like separate rings but thats due to cost more than anything else as arcm10 rings are 180 vs 299 for the mount. So I would get a set of picatinny rings 1.4-1.5" and be done. That will get you high enough to clear the full size hand guard and your adjustable cheek piece can accommodate it just fine.

But thats my preference. You want a unimount.
Think you will sell the rifle or move scopes a bunch? If not get the 20 moa. It wont hurt and even if you do move it for most things it still wont hurt. Might be a bit tall for a more traditionally stocked bolt gun in which case youll get something else anyways and I dont think youre going to be regressing with your builds so I wouldnt worry about it.

Reactions: TNGrunt
I see your point on cost, and yes I will probably go with separate rings since I’m getting the bigger scope which has more than enough Mils. Thank you for your input it’s been much appreciated!

I don't have a Tac A1 but on my CTR we used a heat gun and the rail really wasn't bad at all to get off. We just took our time and went one screw at a time. But I would go with the 20moa rail as it opens up a lot more mounting options and more ring options. So a little more flexibility in the future.

42A2C55E-BA2F-4EF3-97D0-6554DFC89A69.png