• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka Trigger Spring - SH Appreciation

Elay Precision

Private
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2017
I’ve been frustrated with the current option for Tikka trigger springs for some time now. Just recently got a new Tikka T3X and decided it was time to develop a better alternative and share it with my fellow shooters.

So to give back to the community that I love, the first 20 Snipers Hide members that live in the continental US to:
1. reply to this thread with a response #, ex. if there have been 3 replies, then please reply with ‘#4’
2. send an email to: [email protected] with your name and shipping address in the email body with “#4” included in the subject line

...will get a Tikka T3/T3X trigger spring shipped to their door for free!

For more information on the spring, please visit: https://elayprecision.com/

Happy New Years folks!

Best,
Brian

#5 Thanks!

Would this work in a Sako Quad as well? I was looking at the Yodave spring for both my Quad and T3x. For some reason Paypal wouldn't work with there Canada sight?

Awesome! Appreciate the great response; you all have a trigger spring coming!

If you like what you see, tell a buddy :D

#5 Thanks!

Would this work in a Sako Quad as well? I was looking at the Yodave spring for both my Quad and T3x. For some reason Paypal wouldn't work with there Canada sight?

Hey Ian,

I unfortunately do not know if it is compatible with the Sako Quad. We also don't have one here to test it with.

Best,
Brian

What can the weight of pull be adjusted down to? I have a couple custom Tikkas built for varmint hunting and was getting ready to order a few from YO Dave. Does your spring offer anything different than what they offer?

Got mine today. Thanks Brian! Will report as soon as I install it. I'm gonna measure before and after.

Update. Installed on my CTR 6.5 CM.
Pull before (with factory spring) and the screw all the way out was 2.3 lbs, now after Elay trigger spring the pull went down to 1.6 lbs with the screw all the way out.
Awesome. Thanks!

Last edited:
What can the weight of pull be adjusted down to? I have a couple custom Tikkas built for varmint hunting and was getting ready to order a few from YO Dave. Does your spring offer anything different than what they offer?

Great questions!

The pull weight can vary depending on the specific spring-rifle combination, but we have found that can it be typically adjusted down to 1.0-1.5 lbs.

Regarding our spring, we offer three clear advantages at a very competitive price point :
1. Our Tikka Triggers Springs are made from high-strength, corrosion-resistant stainless steel
2. We offer fast and free shipping anywhere in the United States; no coupon codes, or promo deals to worry about
3. We offer a Lifetime Warranty and Hassle Free Returns for our product

Hope that helps!

Best,
Brian

Link to the retail offer for those of us who were late to the game? Building up a tikka t3 rig for my son that did very well on deer, but a range option would be nice now that his tags are filled.

Link to the retail offer for those of us who were late to the game? Building up a tikka t3 rig for my son that did very well on deer, but a range option would be nice now that his tags are filled.

Hey Uffduh,

Appreciate the interest, you can find our Tikka trigger springs at the link below:

https://elayprecision.com/shop/

Congrats to your son! He is going to love it

Best,
Brian

I installed mine today, and while I don’t have a trigger pull gauge, going by feel it actually feels heavier than factory when both are backed all the way out. I’ll play with it more another day and try again but I think I installed everything properly.

Received mine and installed. The lightest I could get the T3 trigger with the FACTORY spring was about 20-22 ounces (1.25 lbs). With the new spring it's down to 14-15 ounces, with no slam fires. Two Thumbs Up.

Great questions!

The pull weight can vary depending on the specific spring-rifle combination, but we have found that can it be typically adjusted down to 1.0-1.5 lbs.

Regarding our spring, we offer three clear advantages at a very competitive price point :
1. Our Tikka Triggers Springs are made from high-strength, corrosion-resistant stainless steel
2. We offer fast and free shipping anywhere in the United States; no coupon codes, or promo deals to worry about
3. We offer a Lifetime Warranty and Hassle Free Returns for our product

Hope that helps!

Best,
Brian

Thank you for the reply.

Dan

Received spring & personalized note - nice touch. Waiting on a trigger scale to arrive - will measure stock spring before doing the swap
Thanks Bryan!

Received spring a few days ago but just picked up from po box, i removed my yo dave spring that was right at 1lb 8oz and the elay spring is right at 1 lb and 3 oz with screw adjusted all the way out on both! Guys if you live in the US this is no brainer for tikka owners it takes two to three weeks for a yo Dave spring to arrive from Canada and two days for this spring and half the cost because of free shipping! Thanks a lot bryan and will tell all my buddies about this great new option for tikka owners

Lyman trigger scale arrived so did the swap. With set screw adjusted all the way out I got right at 2lb 5oz with factory spring and 1lb 3oz with Elay spring. These were ave of 5 pulls. Over 10 pulls the Elay spring was consistently within a couple 1/10ths of 1lb 3oz if I took care to do slow steady pulls with the scale.

Looks like a great product - can’t wait to shoot my T3. Thanks again Brian.

(Attached pic of stock spring and lighter Elay spring for reference).

1789d26715ec33ae6e8f8f511a825384.jpg

I got my spring 2 days ago.....way easy to install and man it makes the already good Tikka trigger an even better one. Very nice!! Thanks Elay Precision especially since I just read the rules and realized I didn't follow the instructions in this thread since I don't live in the continental US and yet you sent it anyone!! Very cool! Thanks again!

Really appreciate the positive feedback from all!

Nothing makes us more excited than to know that we are able to offer a compelling solution to our fellow shooters.

These Tikkas are amazing rifles; keep shooting straight!

Best,
Brian

Installed mine to the same number of turns as the YoDave and it is lighter. I have the spring screw backed out to about where the 5mm trigger bolt goes. If I go any further I start having slam fires. I don’t know how you guys are able to back the spring screw all the way out and not have slam fires?

Attachments

• photo87105.jpg
    photo87105.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 77
Installed mine to the same number of turns as the YoDave and it is lighter. I have the spring screw backed out to about where the 5mm trigger bolt goes. If I go any further I start having slam fires. I don’t know how you guys are able to back the spring screw all the way out and not have slam fires?

Hey blbennett1288,

Appreciate the note!

With the wide range of variables in each specific spring-rifle combination, it is hard to ensure exact results. If you are okay with a slightly heavier pull weight, I would recommend screwing the trigger set screw further in and applying blue loctite. Alternatively, I would be more than happy to send you another spring to see if that better works with your specific rifle.

Please let me know!

Best,
Brian

Hey blbennett1288,

Appreciate the note!

With the wide range of variables in each specific spring-rifle combination, it is hard to ensure exact results. If you are okay with a slightly heavier pull weight, I would recommend screwing the trigger set screw further in and applying blue loctite. Alternatively, I would be more than happy to send you another spring to see if that better works with your specific rifle.

Please let me know!

Best,
Brian

I appreciate the offer Brian, but there is no need for another spring as this one works fine! I was just noting my experiences as I was looking for a lighter trigger pull compared to the stock or YoDave spring and that was achieved.

You have a winning product in my book since it is half the cost of your competitor and made in the USA.

I am more or less curious as to how far out people are running these screws when they say “all the way out” because with any of the springs I start having slam fires when the spring screw is adjusted about halfway over the 5mm bolt.

My method is to back the spring screw out and adjust it 1/4 turn at a time until I stop having slam fires. Once I have found that spot I put blue loctite on and adjust an additional 1/2 turn to ensure I won’t have any slam fires.

Received spring & personalized note - nice touch. Waiting on a trigger scale to arrive - will measure stock spring before doing the swap
Thanks Bryan!

I received mine today and installed it into my T3x. I was able to adjust down to the point of slam fire. I backed it off a little and it is magic. I don't have a trigger scale. I guess it's just above a pound or so. It'll do the trick. I did open up my Sako quad and it looks to be the same size factory spring. After adjusting the stock spring screw i was able to get it down to a lower pull weight than the Tikka stock screw. Does the quad need the spring? I'm not sure. I'll have to go and shoot them both, back to back to tell if it needs the spring.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this modification!

Thanks Again Brian,
Ian

Awesome, appreciate the feedback guys!

We wanted to provide a competitive offering that gave shooters the option to set their Tikka trigger pull weight comfortably below factory. We found that most rifles with the Elay Precision spring tend to settle around the 1 lb mark safely. It is of course imperative that the rifle is safety tested after installation.

Thanks again for reporting back! Nothing makes us happier to know we were able to help

Best,
Brian

Just ordered a 3-pack. First spring will go into a T3X .223 Varmint, which won't adjust lower than 2.5 pounds - crisp but way too heavy. If this goes as hoped, second spring will go into a T3X TAC A-1, whose 2-stage trigger adjusted down to 2.0 pounds - still 8 ounces heavier than I like. I have a buddy with multiple Tikkas, he will almost certainly want the 3rd one.

Will report back here on results.

I have to agree with prior superlatives describing the simple upgrade - magic! I purchased and installed the Elay Precision spring in my Tikka T3X CTR 260 Rem with 20 inch barrel. The best $10 I've spent on a gun part. I loaned out my trigger pull gauge - so no pull weights were recorded. All I know is that I was able to get VERY light breaks and still pass the drop tests. I easily increased the pull weight to my liking. No need for me to purchase an aftermarket trigger.

Regarding customer service - My trigger got lost by the USPS and Brian quickly responded and sent another spring. Well, guess what's coming in the mail today! The original order that USPS finally located. Brian, let me know how you want to handle. I can send you $10, or drop the trigger in the mail back to you.

Reactions: Elay Precision