• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka's recoil lug

Bayou1535

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2011
MW
Can someone explain to me how the recoil lug work on Tikka's since the lug is not part of the barreled action. I'm stuck between a T3 lite and a Remington SPS both in stainless for a hunting rig, I did plan on buying a B&C medalist for either one. From what I've read the recoil lug is in the bedding block of the B&C for the Tikka, from my very limited experience I would think that would allow the action to shift more especially since the bedding block is aluminum. The Tikka that I handled was extremely smooth and I hear great things about them for a stock rifle. I'm not really to keen on the plastic magazine but I could over look that. I'm from Ohio and have shot shotguns since I was a boy and use 3" slugs for deer as well as a 50 cal ML and was curious of the recoil difference between the 300 WM and 30-06. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
I have one Tikka, a T3 varmint in 22-250. I had the stock off it once and was puzzled by the recoil lug too. I think the way it works is to basically connect the action/receiver with the stock. As long as the slack is taken out of the parts, the force generated by the recoil will be coupled from the action to the recoil lug and then to the stock. If you have an action with a recoil lug attached, there is still an interface between the recoil lug and the stock.

I've not fired the two cartridges you mention in a T3 platform so I can't speak to that. I have fired them in general hunting rifles and the 300 WM definitely has more recoil.