• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Times must be tough...

remaction

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2008
SW, WI
Times must be tough in the gun magazine industry. Received these 4 in the mail today with offers.
DSC01623.jpg

Yeah, you'd think they would space them out a bit instead of sending 4 the same day...

I do wonder though, how subscriptions are running with everyone able to get whatever info they need off the internet.

Standard mail (3rd class junk) could have been mailed three months ago. At .03¢ each.

Many different kinds have been developed over the years. The best ones use water to soak the paper and roll them into logs of whatever size you want, even bank size.

I have found that rolling up newspaper into the size of a roll of quarters and dipping in wax works great.

On the other hand, many of us look forward to decent articles in print. I like some magazines and subscribe to a few. I am remote and my service sucks. It is nice to have a library of saved articles. I would say the competition is getting ramped up, not saying I like them but with magaines like Recoil, Trigger and some of the other new ones, it appears they attract newer shooters. I mean there is a time when some of these writers need to fade into the sunset of their careers.

Don't get me wrong, they are doing cool stuff with old Colt S/A's , but how many more times can I do a comparison test of 44-40 loads. There is so much new stuff and it isn't all unobtanium either. Loads, glass, bullets everything is getting better - not all the time, but some stuff is improving WHEN you can find it. part of the problem is our our gun press media refuses to acknowledge how hard it is to buy .22 ammo, been saying for over a year there is no reason - well then, WHERE is it? If I read one more article about going to Africa I think I won't buy the pub again ok at least for two issues......

Since Guns and Ammo published all that antigun bullshit, it isn't a surprise that they are looking for subscribers.

I always wait until magazine subscriptions run out. That is when the really good offers start coming in. The price offers continue going down the closer one gets toward expiration of subscription. After the subscription expires, I have had offers for magazines that cost $8.00 cover price (per month) for around $20 per year.