• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Timney Calvin elite just broke on install!

Nooch13

In Hoc Signo Vinces
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Ocala, FL
So I just installed a timney Calvin elite 2 stage trigger from OTM and it broke on install. The pin that hold the safet selector in place disentigrated? Anyone ever had this happen before? I didn’t mess with the pin at all? Anyone ever have this happen before? Or am I missing something??
2wqsnqc.jpg

n4gieb.jpg

That makes me glad to be a Huber customer.

Your stock or chassis's trigger area has to be opened for the Timney Calvin Elite.

Mine broke when I torqued the action screws down. Timney took care of it quickly but I had to get my stock opened up. I do wish Timney would use a smaller/flatter screw in that area.

That does suck, but am sure you'll be taken care of. The only time I ever needed their CS, I couldn't have ask for anything more!

As above, just call Timney. I called them up when I was having light primer strikes and was grasping for straws as to what would be the problem. The first person that answered the phone was very helpful, as opposed to having her bounce me around between departments. Their recommended solution appears to have fixed the problem too.

I was worried about opening the chassis, but when I test fit it without torquing, it seemed fine. Looks like i was wrong. Let’s home timney bails me out!

Hope this makes you feel better, I just dropped that exact same trigger in an XLR Carbon I just bought off the Hide here, and it dropped right in.. So I was thinking ok, sweet, And I torqued it and heard a subtle snap, not cool at all..hopefully Timney bails us both out

They bailed me out twice (two different triggers and two different stocks). Trust me. Their CS is top notch. They even asked me if I wanted them to adjust the weight. Had them back in less than a week.

As described by others, timney took care of me quickly...just thought I’d update the thread.

Anyone with a Calvin elite and an XLR element will need to open up a bit.