• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Timney Drop in AR trigger

Re: Timney Drop in AR trigger

A buddy of mine dropped on in his Bushmaster 450 and it was very nice. I shot 5 rounds pretty quick with it and got ~.8moa. Crisp, light (about 2.5lbs), and has held up well for him.

I asked about light primer strikes and he said he's had no issue with it and loves it. When I shot it it was after a couple hundred rounds so it didn't get any slop in it from use either.

I had light primer strikes causing failure to fire with federal xm193. I contacted the company, they sent me the .308 trigger spring which is heavier, which fixed the problem.

Overall I think it's a great trigger for a match or target shooting gun. I don't know if I'd trust the pins not to walk for a duty / self defense weapon though (or I'd always want to be checking it). The reason is, it relies on a couple of set screws pushing on the floor of the receiver to keep pressure on its pins to prevent them from walking out. It doesn't do the thing where the straight part of the spring slips in a groove in the pin like most triggers.

I've got one. The first one I had went out of adjustment and would not reset after a few hundred rounds. I sent it back, and they had a new one to me in a couple weeks, along with a Lolli-pop.
smile.gif

I've put several hundred rounds through the current one and it has been fine. Both of the ones I've had have no take up, very little over travel and break cleanly. I wouldn't want one if I had one rifle and had to depend on it, but for a hunting/target shooting gun, they are great.

I have one in my Grendel for hunting and target shooting like ddavis said above, and I love mine. Its crisp and clean, no troubles so far! I would say go for it.

Have 4 and all work great after thousands of rounds, even on my 50 beowulf. I have no fear of the pins walking out, although on one gun i did KNS pins but that was for the "look". BUT I thought they where soooooo good after three that I bought a 4th for my "precision AR" 24" long .988 dia barrel with a Vortex Razor, and when I am really really trying for a very accurate shot at 400+ yards it just seems to have a lot of travel. breaks clean, but just seems like when i am concentrating really hard I am pulling and pulling and pulling feeling like I am going to miss the shot. Not like my bolt guns at all. Hope that makes sense. Great "tactical", hunting, 3 gun trigger, for long range "precision" I am going to try something else.

I liked mine until I felt a Giessele. I also never liked a two stage trigger until I felt a Giessele.

My rifle with the Timney will soon be a .300 Blackout but it has thousands of rounds of 5.56 on it with no problems.

I have also sold and installed many Timneys and not one has come back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sure like mine, but i am a fan of single stage triggers </div></div>
I have one that is a POF made by Timney and it is the best single stage AR trigger I have used. Picked it up here on the hide. I have also tried the Giessele triggers which are a sweet trigger for a 2 stage. I like the 2 stage in a combat type rifle for tactical classes but have always been a single stage fan for competition shooting.

I put the blue Timney TITs model that came in my POF into my 16" AR15 and put my gold Timney 3# in the 20" P308. The blue one is right at 5# so its fine in my 16" but the gold one feels great in the 20" very crisp and clean break.

I am running a skeletonized 4# in a Colt 6920 with great results. I did have one light primer striker using q3131a1 when it was new but have since fired almost 1k rounds without any issue. If you want a single stage with a good feel and a good price then you cant go wrong with the Timney.

another guy with multiple Timney's. Bought one, liked it so much bought more. Not one has had a problem and they do good things to improving your precision.

Midway USA has user reviews for all of their items. Timney trigger groups have a lot of user reviews on their site. If you have a specific trigger in mind, you may want to check it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one that is a POF made by Timney and it is the best single stage AR trigger I have used.</div></div>

Does anyone know if the GAP-10 also uses this trigger?