• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Timney's new Calvin Elite Triggers = Are they compatible with custom actions??

buckey

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2007
Pittsburgh, Pa
Can get a great deal on a new Timney Calvin Elite trigger..................was wondering if they are compatible with custom actions such as Defiance and BAT??

Looking to use this trigger on a BAT HRPIC action.

Any info will be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:
What I am trying to figure out if this new trigger will FUNCTION properly in a BAT action??

There were issues with Timney triggers & Defiance actions = that is why the "U" series of triggers was developed by BlackOps/Timney.

What I am trying to figure out if this new trigger will FUNCTION properly in a BAT action??

There were issues with Timney triggers & Defiance actions = that is why the "U" series of triggers was developed by BlackOps/Timney.

There is some info that says they may release a different C Elite trigger for 700 clones soon. Info found here http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...calvin-elite-remington-model-700-trigger.html

I conversed with tech support a few times but never got a straight answer as to effective sear length on the C Elite as it compares to a 510, Remington, Jewell or 510-U.

They will shortly have a longer sear version finished for defiance. You will probably have issues with the current one. I went down there 2 weeks ago and talked with the guys assembling them. They said a few more weeks.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I appreciate the info guys - I wish we could get a confirmed answer about these triggers from Timney!!

Like I said, looking to use it on a BAT HRPIC action & just want to confirm it will function properly. Gonna call Timney on Monday & see if I can get some more info for all of us!!

Don't ask the receptionist about it. She's nice but doesn't know for sure what they're doing in the back. Ask for someone that machines or tunes them. Say you heard the long sear might be done by now and get its status

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk