• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TKIV 85 Mosin Nagant

AzNooB

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2010
Dallas, TX
Are there any available here in the US? It's the only Mosin Nagant that truly intrigues me. I know centerfiresystems.com had some of those target M27s that looked similar.

How would one go about building a clone?

57698.jpeg

Re: TKIV 85 Mosin Nagant

Search my post in this forum, tells you all you want to know.

??
The Tkiv 85 is NOT the M28/76....

What rifle are we talking about here?

My relatively WAG (wild ass guess) as a Mosin owner;

- Have a Mosin 91/30 with excellent bore
- Have a very competent gunsmith make a stock simliar to one in the pic that attaches to Mosin rec'r
- Have a special mount machined to fit the location of the rear sight base, probably 30mm rings based on the pic
- Purchase a Russian optic, probably a fixed power from the pic
- Good luck finding the bipod. It resembles the one from AI tho'
- Have a deep wallet.....

And for some reason; as of late, I've become more and more interested in Euro "sniper" rifles as well. I really want a repro-Mosin WWII sniper rifle, but everytime I look at the cost, I'm think about the fact that it's damn near the cost of a modern rifle, without modern rifle capabilities...

I have two M91/30's, but they don't look like that. That is a highly modified Nagant. I noticed how they cut the stock way back to free-float the barrel. Both of mine will run 2.5" groups at 100 yards, but they are as issued. I have always wondered if I could get better groups without the two tight-assed barrel bands around the stock.

Below photo I took many years ago. Note heavy bedding block in front of reciever, thats only part from where reciever is bolted on <span style="text-decoration: line-through">plywood</span> stock.

Trigger is competition level, fully adjustable. Scope is either Schmidt&Bender 4x (as in first photo) or Zeiss 1.5-6x. Both have BDC knob for Lapua 13gram D166 FMJBT. MV 720meters/second if my memory serves me. All 85 rifles I have shot were accurate in modern standards, some very. D166 marking is visible in ammo box if looked carefully btw.

TKIV 85 full kit, excluding hard storage case. Have much more close-up photos (somewhere) I took for American gent who built clone some years ago. not sure if he managed to find that trigger somewhere. Rare like chicken's tooths.
762_TKIV85_uses_Mosinparts_e.jpg

Wow, that's pretty cool.

Timney makes an adjustable trigger for the Nagant now. The bedding block still has to be custom machined like the scope base. There's a niche market oppertunity here. Rebuilding 91/30's into tkiv85 clones, or at least selling the block and base for others to do so.

Also,does anybody know how to do the stippling on the wood?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jarhead_h</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..........
Also,does anybody know how to do the stippling on the wood?</div></div>

It's done with media blasting, unsure of what type.

I saw one of these rifles in a gun shop 2 days ago.Same stock,but no adjustable cheekpeice and had peep style sites.If interested I can put you in touch with them.It was pricey,900.00 but I'm sure everything is negotiable.

The rifle you saw was a M28/76 target rifle. It's related but not even close to the TKIV85.

Tere is a official target version of TKIV85, with different stock. But since army isn't selling 85 rifles yet, it must have been 28-76.

I's 900 a realistic price or crazy high?Cool rifle in really nice shape.