• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision TNVC and Steiner Introduce a New Very Affordable Feature Rich C1 IR Laser!

Victor-TNVC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 5, 2007
    USA
    www.tnvc.com
    TNVC is proud to once again partner with Steiner eOptics to bring an highly anticipated, affordable, feature rich, next generation Class 1 IR laser aiming module (LAM) to the market! The Steiner/TNVC TOR-MINI IR VPC (Variable Power Control) is manufactured by Steiner eOptics, and sold exclusively through TNVC.

Once considered niche products with little use outside of military and law enforcement, night vision and thermal technologies are now embraced by the hunting and civilian enthusiast communities. Many users have come to realize that under certain circumstances, Class 0.7mW IR cause excessive blooming and laser splash at close ranges and with small game, degrading accuracy and precision and obscuring targets.

While most LAMs on the market rely on neutral density filters and/or active supplementary IR illumination to mitigate blooming effects, the Steiner/TNVC TOR-MINI IR VPC features a variable power aiming laser that can be switched between 0.2mW, 0.4mW, and 0.7mW by holding down the onboard “FIRE” button, providing an easy-to-use human interface to switch between output levels to match any target size or environmental conditions. The TOR-MINI IR VPC gives the user total control to adjust IR aiming laser output on the fly to place precision fires on targets large and small, from bad breath distance to over 270 yards, whatever the lighting conditions.

As its name implies, the Steiner/TNVC TOR-MINI IR VPC is small and lightweight, weighing in at only 1.6 ounces, yet built to last with a Type III Hardcoat Anodized, machined aerospace aluminum housing. The TOR-MINI IR VPC is also dust and splash-proof to IP54 standards, and features an adjustable Picatinny rail interface to fit a wide range of pistol and long-gun rails. The TOR-MINI IR VPC’s small mounting footprint makes it ideal for mounting on pistols and short-barreled rifles with limited rail space, and is equally at home on a .22lr varmint pistol to a large frame hog hunting rifle, or even mounted to a thermal weapon sight to allow spotters to detect game and point out targets to hunting partners using night vision devices.

The TOR-MINI IR VPC is not only small, lightweight, durable, and capable, but also extremely affordable, proving that not everything to do with night vision needs to be expensive. The TOR-MINI IR VPC is manufactured in the USA and backed by Steiner eOptics’ 3 Year Warranty, and is one of the best values for such a versatile product on the night vision market!

This Item is ITAR controlled and cannot be shipped or carried outside the United States without express written permission from the United States Department of State. We do not export outside the United States. PERIOD!

Tor-Mini-1-1390672.jpg

68E8E7F3-8FBF-415F-9999-1BB0E3CA2A48-1294564.jpg

As we mentioned, the best feature of this unit has that no other C1 system does is variable power to rid the dreaded bloom based on your environmental conditions. Some examples below.

Using IR illumination? No problem switch to .7mW with no IR dot wash out from the IR Lum. Not using any IR Lum and your target dot is washing out a portion of the target? No problem, switch to .2mW or .4mW to clearly see your target!

Pics below taken with a TNV-14 L3 Thin Filmed. Of course pics do not come close to what you the user will see with the quality of real life image.

.2mW
    TOR-MINI-0PT2MW-1390668.jpg

.4mW
    TOR-MINI-0PT4MW-1390669.jpg

.7mW
    TOR-MINI-0PT7MW-1390670.jpg

$269.00, in stock and shipping now. https://tnvc.com/shop/steiner-tnvc-tor-mini-ir-vpc-variable-power-control/

Thanks guys!

This looks very promising. How much adjustability does it have in the ability to aim the laser? If I were to mount this to a rifle for example, can I zero it?

Well... it’s aboot damn time!

ETA: Ordered!

Last edited:
    Seems like these units are just coming out and being replaced if they have issues. Similar to following the lower end vortex optics warranty model. Sell enough cheap stuff in volume and issue RMA's for the ones that have issues. I wanted to be excited about this unit, but I think TNVC went a little too cheap/minimal. I'd rather just spend the cash on the proven units and not have to worry about getting a lemon or it working fine until it doesn't. It's disappointing to already see issues being posted. Usually products take some time to show issues.

Seeing the AR15 forum thread, I wonder if this unit is worth it over say a Steiner OTAL-C? I know the OTAL is a couple hundred bucks more, but it’s still less than most.

Seems like these units are just coming out and being replaced if they have issues. Similar to following the lower end vortex optics warranty model. Sell enough cheap stuff in volume and issue RMA's for the ones that have issues. I wanted to be excited about this unit, but I think TNVC went a little too cheap/minimal. I'd rather just spend the cash on the proven units and not have to worry about getting a lemon or it working fine until it doesn't. It's disappointing to already see issues being posted. Usually products take some time to show issues.
    Sorry but there is no LARGE issues like that. A very small batch were taken care of. Our customers are never out of pocket, not a penny and we sent pre paid shipping labels to the few that had any issues. We pride ourselves on the best CS out there.

Edit to add this is not some cheap plastic Chinese junk. Made in the USA besides the circuit board which unfortunately 95% they all come from.

Last edited:
    Seeing the AR15 forum thread, I wonder if this unit is worth it over say a Steiner OTAL-C? I know the OTAL is a couple hundred bucks more, but it’s still less than most.
    It really comes down to if you wanna run a pressure switch or not? The TOR-MINI has no means to run a switch. The TOR also has a much cleaner dot and variable power power of course.

Sorry but there is no LARGE issues like that. A very small batch were taken care of. Our customers are never out of pocket, not a penny and we sent pre paid shipping labels to the few that had any issues. We pride ourselves on the best CS out there.

Edit to add this is not some cheap plastic Chinese junk. Made in the USA besides the circuit board which unfortunately 95% they all come from.

I am usually not a person to knock a company, but how can you honestly say only a “very small batch” of these had issues when you just started shipping them? Your sample size is small. I get it, you gotta make money and don’t want to dissuade people from buying a product, so you make such a claim as a small batch had issues.

All I simply said was it appears there are issues and you’re handling it the same way other companies do that sell cheaper products which is issue an RMA and replace it.

I am usually not a person to knock a company, but how can you honestly say only a “very small batch” of these had issues when you just started shipping them? Your sample size is small. I get it, you gotta make money and don’t want to dissuade people from buying a product, so you make such a claim as a small batch had issues.

All I simply said was it appears there are issues and you’re handling it the same way other companies do that sell cheaper products which is issue an RMA and replace it.
    We just didn't start shipping these, it's been over 6 weeks now. We just didnt publish these on the Hide till now.

Also we make no "claims" like you state, it's the truth and I get you don't like the product. All good.

It really comes down to if you wanna run a pressure switch or not? The TOR-MINI has no means to run a switch. The TOR also has a much cleaner dot and variable power power of course.

Also one other advantage on the TOR-MINI is the very small footprint which is a huge plus for limited rail real estate on SBR's and other pistol brace type weapons that are very popular right now.

As for demsnsions on a pic rail, the unit is .935 tall and the laser window itself is .5 above the rail. BUIS's in most cases be mounted behind the unit.

Yes Sir. Obvioulsy ya won't be seeing much in the rain using a set of NV but getting caught in the rain, you will be fine. Thank you.
    I agree on seeing nothing
    But...
    Tend to get wet while hunting sometimes and didn't want to put this on a night hunting rifle if a good storm rushing up was going to cook it

Thanks

Got this sucker in on Friday. Haven't figured out what I'm going to do with it, but I have an idea where this fits in the portfolio.

It was originally planned for a MP5 build mounted just behind a RDS, but .. I think it's a perfect match for my ultra light thermal rifle, where a laser + illumination isn't really needed. The laser is mostly used for calling targets, and for less than $300, this sucker is light weight and fits that bill perfectly.

Decisions decisions.

They're practically identical. In fact, if you set them side-by-side most people wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.
    Ok...I let this play out. Lol

Just to let the poster know who really may not know. The Atilla is IMHO the best IR/Lum made except for it's pressure switches and is very large compared to the TOR-Mini IR VPC. The TOR is a single variable power IR pointer with no on board IR Illumination.

If the poster knew this aready, jokes on me but they're many new users out there who may not know. :)

I had an atilla, mawl seemed way better. This is going to for the pistol and PCC bill with a 300V.

Reactions: TheHorta
    Had one of our customers alert me to his Vid. It really captures how sensitive modern Gen 3 devices can be even at .2mW! Thus why I designed the system to have a .2mW setting that will not bloom a target but also have choices at .4mW and also .7mW where one may be using an IR illuminator and not worrying about the dot washing out.

Glad you got one. Next batch due in this week for any others. Demand has been pretty high for these and we're very happy the community finally has a robust Made in America affordable product!

Reactions: Eliteuas
    Glad you got one. Next batch due in this week for any others. Demand has been pretty high for these and we're very happy the community finally has a robust Made in America affordable product!
    When will they be available again? Looking for one, thanks.

Got a chance to play with it last night, finally!

What's really cool is that you can use it very effectively on "High" as a sky pointer.

On low, it's not quite as dim as the RAID-x on its lowest setting, but it doesn't bloom like a mother, which is where I'd run it 99% of the time.

I love how quick and easy it is to change output levels, and I like that it requires only a very soft touch.

Without reading the manual, how long will it stay on if not turned off when stowed?

How many hours will the battery run on low power?

Anyone own or have experience with a Perst-1 that could compare it against a TOR-Mini IR? I know the Perst 1 is 2 oz heavier, but it can run a pressure switch and both have adjustable beams.

Anyone own or have experience with a Perst-1 that could compare it against a TOR-Mini IR? I know the Perst 1 is 2 oz heavier, but it can run a pressure switch and both have adjustable beams.

I get the allure, believe me, I do. But I ain’t buying Commie crap when I can get something like the TOR that rocks for this cheap.

I get the allure, believe me, I do. But I ain’t buying Commie crap when I can get something like the TOR that rocks for this cheap.
    TOR-MINI IR VPC is Made in the USA except for the circuit board with 99% of all boards being made in China. Gosh I wish that was not the case and we rid the China dependency on so many products.

Either way we kept the price down and not the high mark up. Nothing gets shipped anywhere overseas in any event for warranty work that is for certain as well.

Got a chance to play with it last night, finally!

What's really cool is that you can use it very effectively on "High" as a sky pointer.

On low, it's not quite as dim as the RAID-x on its lowest setting, but it doesn't bloom like a mother, which is where I'd run it 99% of the time.

I love how quick and easy it is to change output levels, and I like that it requires only a very soft touch.

Without reading the manual, how long will it stay on if not turned off when stowed?

How many hours will the battery run on low power?
    Got mine today. I was surprised to find that it has flathead mounting screws. Very strange. They even included a 5/64 allen wrench to adjust the non-existent hex head screws.

My manual says it will turn off automatically after 5 minutes if left on. Haven't tested that yet. There's also an "Auto-On" mode that will turn the laser on when it's raised and off when lowered (pointed at the ground). It says this mode will turn off after 10 minutes if it "goes untouched."

Got mine today. I was surprised to find that it has flathead mounting screws. Very strange. They even included a 5/64 allen wrench to adjust the non-existent hex head screws.

My manual says it will turn off automatically after 5 minutes if left on. Haven't tested that yet. There's also an "Auto-On" mode that will turn the laser on when it's raised and off when lowered (pointed at the ground). It says this mode will turn off after 10 minutes if it "goes untouched."

Not sure why yours are flathead. Mine worked just fine with the included Allen/Hex key.

22296BFB-B75B-49F0-8791-50FD37E9224E.jpeg