• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes TNVC Mini Red Dot

BlackWhiskey

USMC
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2009
Salt Lake County, Utah
I purchased a TNVC RDP II for plinking and it wont hold a zero for poop. I put my rifle in a vice with my scope aimed at a 3" target 30m away, then move the red dot to that same point. By the time I get to the range, the red dot is already 5 moa from where I had placed it no more than an hour before! This has happened repeatedly! Has anyone had this problem with this optic before?

Re: TNVC Mini Red Dot

Nope. I figured if the red dot was going to point at a different spot than my scope without firing, It would do the same thing after I fired. I'll try it just to make sure though. Thanks for the suggestion.

I have one that I run on a suppressed Ruger 22/45 and have no issues with it. Holds a zero just fine. Admittingy, this is a low recoil application. You may want to sent it back under warranty if you have not had it too long.

I asked Victor at TNVC if it was ok to mount on a .308, and he said it wouldn't be a problem. I'm using their SAR mount too, which is attached to my scope, and my scope is mounted with GG&G steel rings and base, so I figure mounting isn't a problem.

Shouldn't be an issue with it being mounted on a 308, so I am sure that is not the problem. Get with Victor @ TNVC and he'll get you squared away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shouldn't be an issue with it being mounted on a 308, so I am sure that is not the problem. Get with Victor @ TNVC and he'll get you squared away. </div></div>

Done and done! Appreciate the suggestions everyone.

At 30 yards the difference in sight height may come into play, and did you have your 30yd dope dialed on your scope? My 308 is .9 mil up for 30yds from my 100yd zero.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackWhiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the red dot is already 5 moa from where I had placed it no more than an hour before! This has happened repeatedly! </div></div>

Does it seem to be off 5 MOA in the same direction every time? Are you checking it against the scope at 30m at the range or some other distance? Sure sounds like a sight height differential issue. There is really no substitute for live fire zeroing.

Not sure if I am reading right but: It sounds like you are checking the zero by looking through your scope and then the red-dot and when you move and repeat they no longer line up.

IF that is what you're doing, parallax and site height will make that tough to do repeatedly. Your scope has parallax but the red dot does not. Victor is good people and if there is a problem I am sure he will make it right. But, like others have said, nothing will substitute for live fire.