• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

To Torque or Not to Torque?

Yes. Makes sense and I agree. I was just theorizing off of what I just learned about, however I do know of some who really do cut barrels and chambers for hand tight only applications. Cant say I agree, but it is a thing. I guess my real point in my previous post was to find out if the .002 bump on the brass was such a big deal that if they wanted to start shooting hand tight would they need to account for it. I wouldn't doubt it would be safe enough, just trying to figure out the reloading concepts before I start.
It’s generally a non issue
That .001-.002 will add to initial stretch on first firing.
If you reload and want brass to last I always try to keep initial stretch below .005 and then bump shoulders .001-.002 and all is good.
If your just shooting factory ammunition .005-.010 case stretch isn’t optimal but totally safe.

I set my chambers to or less than .002 over new case length because I like brass to imitate the energizer bunny