• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

tOBR Performance with SWFA 1-6X and 77G SWA

RonboF117

DoD Consultant
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2011
SD
Just logged in a SWFA 1-6X short dot to our inventory and took it to the range to zero it at 100 yards. Using our LaRue 16" tOBR and Southwest Ammo's 77G .223 ammo; the combination worked well showing .474 MOA max spread (CTC). Established a rough vertical zero with 62G PMC X-TAC and then switched to SWA 77G. The picture shown is the first and only five rounds of 77G. It was pretty windy so I decided to wait for a more calm day for the windage. MOA figure calculated using On Target software v3.81.

So to answer the question many folks have asked concerning the performance of the weapon and optic, I think the picture gives you a good idea. The weapon/ammo combination is very good. The optic allowed me to easily see hits in both the white and black at 100 yards at 6X and accurately repeat placement of crosshairs across numerous shots. If someone needs the environmental and ballistic data, PM me.

Attachments

• tOBR 77G MOA Calc.jpg
    tOBR 77G MOA Calc.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 10
Shit I can't see 308 holes at 100 yards with a 10x. You must have some good eyes to see .223 holes with 6x.

Just one question, the larue tactical ruler is marked in .020 & .100 ths, not 50ths & 10ths

Last edited:
Tipper, to answer your question, I used the ruler shown to establish for the software what one inch was. The program then calculated everything else knowing what ammo was used (for diameter) and where the rounds hit.

"The only think new is the history you don't know".

Sent from my iPad