• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Today's Random Gripe: WTF is up with some companies and their weird shipping policy

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    The only thing more obnoxious than not having a site with updated inventory post circa 2004 (looking at you TNVC) is by default requiring that anything you send needs a fucking signature on delivery.

Why? Seriously. WHY?

Sure, I can understand if I bought a rifle, or some $500+ part or some big ticket items where you have been screwed in the past on. I get that; people may not want those left on the doorstep (hey, Amazon always does it, but what do they know about home delivery) and you may want a record of when/if that expensive thing you shipped got lost and/or stolen. Totally on board there.

But what inbred fuckgong decided that 100% of everything you shipped REQUIRES a fucking signature even for things that are $40?!? Do you think I'm going to sit around and wait for the fucking UPS guy all day over some fucking trivial thing that I forgot about 15 minutes after ordering it? You do know that UPS usually delivers during work hours, and most that may....be at fucking work? But no, you require a fucking signature even though 5 other packages (all which had more expensive items in them BTW) greeted me at the door along with the fucking 'needed a signature' note left by the fucking UPS guy. That's right, there was a Giraud Trimmer and Annealer sitting there along with a note about a fucking signature needed for your bullshit $40 fucking thing you dumb fucking cockfag.

So not only is the cost for the signature requirement hidden in your pricing, because there's no fucking way to opt out of it, but you're apparently entirely too fucking dumb to realize how innately moronic this is, and you must have gotten this job through some special olympics internship bullshit where this was the one decision they allowed you to make so you felt special; well guess what - you fucked that up too.

People like you are why I want to invent something that allows me to stab you in the face via an email. Fuck.

Yea go figure my 3k scope no signature but 2 boxes of berger bullets required signature.

hell, Fedex once left a $25,000.00 check on my front porch.....

I'm assuming you can't have your packages delivered to your work address?
    It does seem a bit of a waste of money in shipping charges for signature required on such low value items, unless they are having a problem with too much fraud or such.
    Higher end stuff you have to send signature required or you'll get frauded right out of business.
    Amazon doesn't care because they are so big the cost of fraud is less than the cost to add insurance to all their packages (plus if it's a 3rd party seller, they stick the seller with the loss using no lube).

I'm assuming you can't have your packages delivered to your work address?
    It does seem a bit of a waste of money in shipping charges for signature required on such low value items, unless they are having a problem with too much fraud or such.
    Higher end stuff you have to send signature required or you'll get frauded right out of business.
    Amazon doesn't care because they are so big the cost of fraud is less than the cost to add insurance to all their packages (plus if it's a 3rd party seller, they stick the seller with the loss using no lube).

What is this work address you speak of? :D

Get a friend who works and can sign for packages.

Get a friend who works and can sign for packages.

Well than I have to deal with getting it from them.

Low item cost without a signature request = just send the fucking package

Oh and another thing; don't fucking sign me up for emailed automatic updates. Holy fuck. Let me say this slooooowly to you - I dont care where the fucking box is until its at my door. I don't need to know every fucking time some jobber at UPS touches or scans the fucking box. Nobody cares.

Reactions: diverdon
    The only thing more obnoxious than not having a site with updated inventory post circa 2004 (looking at you TNVC) is by default requiring that anything you send needs a fucking signature on delivery.

Why? Seriously. WHY?

Sure, I can understand if I bought a rifle, or some $500+ part or some big ticket items where you have been screwed in the past on. I get that; people may not want those left on the doorstep (hey, Amazon always does it, but what do they know about home delivery) and you may want a record of when/if that expensive thing you shipped got lost and/or stolen. Totally on board there.

But what inbred fuckgong decided that 100% of everything you shipped REQUIRES a fucking signature even for things that are $40?!? Do you think I'm going to sit around and wait for the fucking UPS guy all day over some fucking trivial thing that I forgot about 15 minutes after ordering it? You do know that UPS usually delivers during work hours, and most that may....be at fucking work? But no, you require a fucking signature even though 5 other packages (all which had more expensive items in them BTW) greeted me at the door along with the fucking 'needed a signature' note left by the fucking UPS guy. That's right, there was a Giraud Trimmer and Annealer sitting there along with a note about a fucking signature needed for your bullshit $40 fucking thing you dumb fucking cockfag.

So not only is the cost for the signature requirement hidden in your pricing, because there's no fucking way to opt out of it, but you're apparently entirely too fucking dumb to realize how innately moronic this is, and you must have gotten this job through some special olympics internship bullshit where this was the one decision they allowed you to make so you felt special; well guess what - you fucked that up too.

People like you are why I want to invent something that allows me to stab you in the face via an email. Fuck.

Rant level: 4

Why? Seriously. WHY?

Go here and get your package. Normally they close from 5-6 for the trucks to get back and checked in. Northern utah one is open 6-8 for pickup.
    628 N 1300 E, St George, UT 84770

Why drive all that way when stupid cockfags can just not require a signature to deliver dumb shit?

To get your package of course. After that never do bussiness with them again. I get your frustration, been there.

Didn't read every reply but you can pre-sign for many delivers. UPS for sure. Fed Ex will leave a slip with a signature option to leave if they try and deliver a signature only package.

They said it was because of children and stolen identity orders being made that forced them to do it as a safety precaution. I kinda get it but sometimes it's a pain in the ass.

My stuff is sent to a PO box and you can send FedEx and UPS to one if you use the street address plus the box number. They can be given permission to sign for almost anything. Never had a problem in years and it's safer. The few things FedEx or UPS had to send directly to my street address always was a hassle: didn't want to drive down the driveway, leaving packages on the side of the road, knocking and pulling off, leaving "missed you" tickets when I'm home, etc.

Just my .02.

Many of the products that come from TNVC are expensive enough to require a signature.
    Pain in the ass but I see their reasoning.

R

Well than I have to deal with getting it from them.

Low item cost without a signature request = just send the fucking package

Oh and another thing; don't fucking sign me up for emailed automatic updates. Holy fuck. Let me say this slooooowly to you - I dont care where the fucking box is until its at my door. I don't need to know every fucking time some jobber at UPS touches or scans the fucking box. Nobody cares.

You are kind of in the minority.
    Too many of our customers buy something, then 5 minutes later e-mail to ask where their tracking number is & then 10 minutes later call to find out why we haven't yet replied with their tracking number, or call and say where is my tracking number & then admit they skipped reading the FedEx tracking email with their order they got just a bit ago.
    Then they call after they get their tracking number to see if we can tell them the delivery date (instead of just looking at the display of it when they click the tracking e-mail link).

Stop the package at the sorting facility ==> Get it at your convenience. Or, being that you are "apparently" retired, drink your prune juice and wait at the house for the package. Some people can't figure out how not to be offended. Democrat?

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40
    Many of the products that come from TNVC are expensive enough to require a signature.
    Pain in the ass but I see their reasoning.

R

lol 2 different things. I'm just knocking on TNVC a little because they don't have real time inventory on their site.

What I'm complaining about wasn't from TNVC.

Why? Seriously. WHY?

Just wait till you buy a $25.00 aftermarket part for your Dillon xl650, the fuckstick generates/prints the USPS Priority label, but doesn’t actually ship it for a week. He finally ships it, it shows up at your house the day AFTER you leave for vacation for 2 weeks. Thank god I put in a mail hold and the post office was smart enough (that’s stretching the hymen.....) to have sat on it until I got back from vacation. Oh, and said part ? Advertised as “in stock”

Reactions: PinesAndProjectiles
    Stop the package at the sorting facility ==> Get it at your convenience. Or, being that you are "apparently" retired, drink your prune juice and wait at the house for the package. Some people can't figure out how not to be offended. Democrat?

Apparently you like doing things the hard way, and hey, that's fine. You also like to not grasp concepts either because what you are trying to grandstand about here isn't even what I was complaining about. But again, whatever works for you pal.

By the way, the word offended doesn't mean what you think it does {Inigo Montoya!}. English is my 2nd language but even I know what being offended is, and well, that doesn't apply here; but good on you for using a buzzword.

You know, you and I are exactly the same age! So prune juice is out of the question but I'd be more than happy to FedEx some to your work (PM me your address, signature required!), so you can drink some and contemplate life.....or how I managed to retire by 35 and you are at work right now attempting to lecture me.......or something.

Anyways, the gripe isn't about not being able to pick it up; amazingly enough, I have in my lifetime figured out how shipping things magically to my door works! Instead, the gripe is why on earth some companies 100% require, regardless of how meaningless and small the item is, to have a signature when shipping to your door. This then invokes something to be done on my part - Why? I ordered the item, I paid for the item and you fucking ship the item to my fucking door, end of transaction. Why is this difficult? I don't want to drive somewhere to wait in line and pick it up. I don't want to fuck around with your 'sorry we missed you' paper. I don't want to reschedule shit. I don't want to have to wait at home to not miss the package. Just deliver the box, to my fucking door. Done - if I wanted insurance/signature/fleshlight wrapping paper I could/would have asked for it. I didn't. Deliver the fucking box.

Instead, idiocy like this, under the guise of some retarded 'policy' that some good idea fairy came up with at their Monday morning jobber donut meeting which they decided to impose on everyone (without any notice, only found out about it on the shipping email) only achieves one thing - it makes the entire process difficult which is the 100% exact opposite of why I order things in my underwear (btw, in my underwear right now typing this), from the computer in the first fucking place.

Last edited:
    My point is that you should know that the package is being sent sig only when you purchase it. If that is the policy then you can either deal with it or not. And, being that you are retired, hanging at the house is not the inconvenience it is for those that work in an office. Stopping a package at the hub is not a real inconvenience for me, as ours is just a few minutes from my house. I also work from home so I can wait for a package while surfing the hide and attending a meeting in my underwear...

Sent from my reloading bench...

Last edited:
    2 Pelican 1750s arriving tomorrow. Signature required.
    Vortex G2 Razor sent overnight air. Left on doorstep.
    The fine print is apparently somewhere because neither makes sense.