• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tony Kidd DONE..Tease is OVER

Buzzsaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2006
Frisco, Texas
Finnaly, it's done and as promised, here it is. 100% Tony Kidd. All I did was order it. Some people say "building your own" is more fun. I go by if you want it done right do it right the first time. Also that is why people do thingd for a living...they are GOOD at it. In other words, I'd "F" it up if I did it. The stock is a McMillan Sportsman Team Challenge (STC). The rings are Seekins 1", scope is Leupold's 6.5-20X40 EFR. The airbrush is done my a VERY talented guy named Mike Dusold, Dusold Designs, in Lewisville , Texas. This guy does fantastic stuff and competes with all the guys in CA. Check him out if you want a sweet paint job. It was hot as hell yesterday so I only fired 100 rnds. 50 of the Federal Ultra match and the Lapua Center X.
I'm please with the potential although it seemed the first two rounds would touch, third or fourth were out and the fith tightened it up. probably me, I'm not a very good technical shot.

LSSO064.jpg

LSSO066.jpg

LSSO065.jpg

LSSO058.jpg

LSSO061.jpg

LSSO056.jpg

LSSO059.jpg

LSSO060.jpg

LSSO057.jpg

LSSO071.jpg

url]

Re: Tony Kidd DONE..Tease is OVER

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Also that is why people do thingd for a living...they are GOOD at it. In other words, I'd "F" it up if I did it. </div></div>

Nice gun! Your quote reminds me of one of grandpa's pearls of wisdom. "Let the shoemaker make the shoes".

Absolutely, positively beautiful (both the rifle and the targets I mean)!!!
wink.gif

Very nice, I used a bunch of wonderful Kidd products in my 10/22. He makes great stuff.

Awesome! So is the barrel threaded into the receiver? How much up do you have on your scope after zeroing? (What's you zero for that matter.)

Say What Bro?? You got me on that one Ductape!!! That's just funny!!

It is the Garland shooting range, Distance is 50 yards.

Thanks for the nice words guys, you too Ductape. You know I'm after you at the next rimfire match in Mansfield!!! but you have to take your good eye out..

Who in their right mind would spend that much on a .22?

For a cool looking blue that rifle is HOT !
Nice choices, everything looks fantastic.

The barrel is screwed on,custom chamber cut by Tony. I did use allot of "up" with my scope. It is a 50 yard zero. Most of my shooting will be 25 and 50 yard renchrest matches. But I do want to check it at 100 yards so I'll see if I top the Leupold out then. Will try to shoot more test loads (ammo brands) saturday. I'll post results

Very nice rifle. I'll have something similiar when the rest of my KIDD parts get here.

Quick question on the Seekins 1" rings that you used in your build. Are they Low rings?

Hey Boston, yes, they are low, aluminum rings. He only makes the 1" rings in low. I was worried they would be too low because of the very high comb of the McMillan but luckily they fit perfect. If you are going to use a picitinny rail on your new build, try to get one with 15 or 20 MOA built into it. With the machined, integeral rail on the Kidd Supergrade I used allot of elevation. I will check to see if I can zero at 100 soon. I'm trying to find the "right" ammo now.

You shouldn't have any trouble zeroing at 100. 100 yards is only ~5 MOA down from a 50 yard zero, even with subsonic match ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Boston, yes, they are low, aluminum rings. He only makes the 1" rings in low. I was worried they would be too low because of the very high comb of the McMillan but luckily they fit perfect. If you are going to use a picitinny rail on your new build, try to get one with 15 or 20 MOA built into it. With the machined, integeral rail on the Kidd Supergrade I used allot of elevation. I will check to see if I can zero at 100 soon. I'm trying to find the "right" ammo now. </div></div>

Thanks and I spoke with KIDD last week and ordered the Classic receiver and SS lightweight barrel which completes my KIDD build. I don't have the McMillan but the B&C Anschutz and I think the comb is about the same height. As for the rail, I didn't know there was an option on the KIDD receivers with integrated rails, I thought they were all 0 MOA? I'm only shooting to 100 yards with the 10/22 and I have enough MOA in the scope but would have considered a different rail (if offered) for possible resale in the future. I'll decide if I'm keeping the B&C stock when the barrel and receiver get here. I'd prefer more of a sporter stock than BR, but we'll see.

Thanks

nice rifle. that guy has some sweet looking artwork on his site. i love the blue flames

I've been wanting to build a Kidd for some time now and this thread just fuels the fire. I'll be contacting you soon to get more info if you don't mind.

Sweet stick!

Boston, sorry, I wasn't clear on the rail. It is zero MOA, It would be neat to have a little elevation. I shot mine at 100 yds Saturday, just held high, I didn't dial any elevation, should have to see if my leupold will have enough come ups.

So far the Federal Ultra match and the Midas + slightly edge out Ely Pistol and Center-X. RWS - 50 shoots very good and I think they make the Federal.

Buzzsaw,

I finished my KIDD build over the weekend. Not sure it has the same curb appeal as yours but pretty damn accurate!

Happy shooting!

Copyof10226.jpg

10225.jpg

here's where the extra parts went

Copyof10221.jpg

Copyof10222.jpg

It looks GREAT Boston!! All of your rifle look great. It is amazing these autos will shoot so well. I've got a benchrest match coming up Sept. 12th. I'll see how she holds up against the bolt guns. I'll keep you posted

Its looks great! I have a full Kidd supermatch incoming. Need to figure out my scope arrangements as I'd like to zero at 50yds but still have enough elevation for 200yds; looking at the charts for Wolf MT, I'm going to need about 26 moa after I zero.. not sure if that is going to be possible.

Really gorgeous rifle. How much was the damage?

Hotice, I'm almost embarrased, I have right at $2,000 in it, not counting the scope. The paint was 500. could have been more with actual graphics. What's really bad the ammo i settled on is 17.00 a box!!!! I MAY have the A-5 on my 7mmWSM painted with something wild.