• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Top Gun: Maverick

Dont know. Maybe... would rather wait till red bull air races come to the states again and go watch that!!!

I can not wait for this movie to be released. Top Gun was my all time favorite movie from childhood. It and Iron Eagle inspired my love for planes. Hopefully this does better than all the Iron Eagle sequels ?

Been following this since it was announced before a script was even selected.
From what I understand, mid production, he stopped everything to learn how to fly fighter jets. Already has a civilian pilots license, so not surprised.
Now is he the one flying 10ft from the deck? Who knows, but I imagine he actually was catapulted, or as the cool kids these days say, yeeted off the carrier.
The movie production was paused for 4 or 6 months so he could get a crash course in flight school to get his license to fly by himself. He does like to do his own stunts after all.

As someone who was born in 86' and most people my age have never seen it, I can't fucking wait for this movie.
I can just about quote the entire original movie as its playing. I will probably even take the day off to go see it.

"I am dangerous."
He likes to do his own stunts, within reason, but his people (lawyers mostly) would never allow him to be catapulted from an actual plane. Met and shot (photographed) him twice, such an ego that guy has.

He likes to do his own stunts, within reason, but his people (lawyers mostly) would never allow him to be catapulted from an actual plane. Met and shot (photographed) him twice, such an ego that guy has.
yha his own stunts....i bet his lawyers are telling him to cool it after the movie "made in america " during production they lost an aerostar(another hot airplane) along with two people in it. and that was in court for a long time.. then i see in one of the trailers hes flying what looks like his P-51. like anybody in the military can aford that kinda of airplane let alone have time to stay current in it

I'll wait and hear a report b/f I waste time on another Hollywood disaster....if it's 1/5th as good as original that will be tough.

Aircraft ID?
Fdgq3Qw.jpg

Apparently Tom Cruise flies his personal P-51 as well...
EL4gIMZWsAAzCmS

figure hes the only air to air combat pilot of the modern era...

im guessing he would have a consulting firm and a few book deals; he could probable afford a p-51

Last edited:
I notice in the trailer , there looks to be a funeral scene . I hope its not Goose , ohhh please God not Goose, ...................Anybody but Goose !!

I'm way too excited for this. Yall say what you want...this was my childhood. I got into engineering because of the Tomcat and the original Top Gun.

Looks like they used a lot of real flying scenes in this movie. 6 imax cameras installed in the Superhornet.

Looks like they used a lot of real flying scenes in this movie. 6 imax cameras installed in the Superhornet.

-
If this movie comes anywhere near the Flying they are promoting It does not have to be a blockbuster, as it will be a classic keeper similar like the 'original 1971' McQueen Le mans , with the Pure Driving in scenes . So this one most likely will also stand for the long run just on it's Flying .
-

Reactions: billt and Davo308
-
If this movie comes anywhere near the Flying they are promoting It does not have to be a blockbuster, as it will be a classic keeper similar like the 'original 1971' McQueen Le mans , with the Pure Driving in scenes . So this one most likely will also stand for the long run just on it's Flying .
-

There is a dude on youtube whos a fighter pilot who broke down the trailers comparing them to actual life and said everything flying wise was real flight scenes and stuff they typically practiced in training but at much closer ranges. He said the one thing hes most curious about is when one engine flames out on a f18. That and the one scene flying between the mountains was legit but MAY have been sped up to be a smidge more dramatic but admitted it was close and may be real speed.

Very excited to see this.

Reactions: fx77 and Davo308
FUNCTIONAL said:
That and the one scene flying between the mountains was legit but MAY have been sped up to be a smidge more dramatic but admitted it was close and may be real speed.

At initial glance, I think that was "Star Wars Canyon".

Reactions: Davo308
For the flying and Jennifer Connely alone it will be worth seeing. Definitely has to be seen on the big screen to get the full effect I bet (unfortunately we don't have an IMAX in my area).

I feel like it has potential... but then it’s a Hollywood heave hyped sequel .. but I love airplanes so I’m good with it

Sadly it appears this movie won't be released until next year.

They are sitting on it, it appears.

Good they holding release back. I want to relax and see it at IMAX . If our governors Covid political theatrics will be played out by then ? who the fuck knows. Maybe I won't be seeing it ?

Reactions: billt and Davo308
Sadly it appears this movie won't be released until next year. They are sitting on it, it appears.

I heard that it's all Corona related. Last I read it won't be out until Summer of 2021.... A year late. This has to be costing the production team a fortune. All that money invested in a huge production that has to sit, "in the can" for over a year. Millions of dollars gone out, and nothing coming in. A lot of people are losing money every week this thing sits. You would almost think they would be better off going straight to DVD with it. Rather than having zero dollars coming in for a year.

I heard that it's all Corona related. Last I read it won't be out until Summer of 2021.... A year late. This has to be costing the production team a fortune. All that money invested in a huge production that has to sit, "in the can" for over a year. Millions of dollars gone out, and nothing coming in. A lot of people are losing money every week this thing sits. You would almost think they would be better off going straight to DVD with it. Rather than having zero dollars coming in for a year.

I figured it might go to a streaming service-but seeing this in IMAX would be great.

Movie theatres are going broke fast.

-
They cant settle for 2nd best now, there in deep and whole huge budget on flight and cockpit camera work and music was all done and laid out for the Big Screen, and they did it right and did not scrimp on the Coin-$$$ . They got a total ass fucking because of the Covid bullshit.
I don't go to but one or two movies a year.. This is one of those movies I really wanted to take the timeout to catch at IMAX .

Reactions: billt
They keep pushing all the films i want to see back, hoping they can make more money in theaters

Reactions: brianf