• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Top Tier Bino LRF w/Ballistic Solver Shootout?

kabarNC

Learning..
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    Carolina
    Looking to make the leap from mediocre binos and rangefinder to the best all in one unit i can find with a built in ballistic solver. Has anyone tested alot of the popular ones side by side (Swaro ELR, Zeiss Victory, Leica 3200, Sig BDX, Vortex Fury)? Looking for unbiased comparisons of glass, beam divergence, and ballistic solver accuracy/ease of use. I'm wanting these primarily for hunting, and then NRL Hunter/UKD matches, and steel banging in general. I'm not interested in trying to stay within any budget constraints. If someone can point me to any other threads started on this, I'd appreciate that as well.

After a bit more research, this video is the best one I've found yet that demonstrates the Swaro EL Range TA's ability to produce good ballistic data. Also didn't know that the solver allowed user to true up dope in the app.

I'll continue learning, I'd also love some real world feedback on these.

If I wasn't concerned about a budget I'd be looking at some binos with a 1535-1550nm laser like the Steiner M830r LRF 1535, Safran Vectors, Newcon LRB6k or 12k, etc.

I have the Steiner 1535nm M8x30 LRF with the Bluetooth adapter and I have to say they are amazing. They can Bluetooth to your phone, kestrel, or IFS scope and instantly have your dope. I personally upload my ballistic data into my scope and the second I range something, get wind reading with the kestrel, I can look through the scope and it tells me what adjustments I should make.