• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tornado support

And the Salvation Army just went all woke….

They have done a very good job of getting a very high % to folks in need and Im done with them.

OP. No idea.
Another member was asking as well in the old GGWG thread.

Yes. I grew up in Western Kentucky 15 miles from Mayfield. I called my brother with the same question. He gave me the name, and address, of his small church. All of the local churches will be doing something and they, being there on the ground, will know where the need is. Volunteers do the work.

West Kentucky and Mayfield are getting the press since the damage to the town is so massive and the pictures riveting but there are many lesser known areas that were also hit. My brothers church is going to Dawson Springs, KY to feed first responders and residents. Bowling Green and Princeton are two others hit.

I would recommend just looking at the storm track on whichever map web site you prefer, identify a town under it, goggle the town and get the phone number for your choice of a church in that, or a nearby town. Call them and ask about helping.

Or look on Youtube for a small town tornado damage video. ID the town, Goggle and call.

The church is a big part of life in that area. Not everybody attends or believes but in events like this they are there for for everybody.

Thank you,
MrSmith

My sister is a member at Lone Oak First Baptist. She has been helping them house and feed those impacted. Just another option.

My brothers Presbyterian church is about a mile from this but they don't have electronic donation capability. I mailed them a check.

I grew up in Lone Oak and Lone Oak Baptist is the church I attended in the early '60s. A fine institution that has a long history of doing good things for the community.

Thank you,
MrSmith

T

This is a verified charity in Muhlenberg county Kentucky. More details can probably be found on the website or Facebook for All the hits Star 107.3. This is the local radio station.
Threw a bill at this group so I hope it makes it to those in need. It was also the easy button so I hope that other churches/charities benefit from people less lazy than me. Praying for everyone caught up in this.

T

Threw a bill at this group so I hope it makes it to those in need. It was also the easy button so I hope that other churches/charities benefit from people less lazy than me. Praying for everyone caught up in this.
One of my friends owns the local radio station in Muhlenberg county. He’s born and raised there. That’s who hooked me up with the link. Thank for donating brother.

DC099A00-C1CF-413F-889F-A80E26D66109.jpeg

The was posted by a huge local nonprofit organization. I still suggest local Fire Depts and Police Depts as a place to reach out to.

• Love
Reactions: Foul Mike