• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tracking Point Rifle System

thrusty

Patriot
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2012
Hedgesville, WV
Got the chance to shoot one yesterday on our Frontier Range. Pretty neat equipment - really took all the skill out of being a marksmen....all I did was pull the trigger and move the gun onto the target until it fired itself.
Outta my price range for a new toy, but they do work....

A gun that can't miss | wusa9.com

They work- within the limits of the computer's ballistic calc's.

I know of no way, for any ballistic computer to be able to read the wind and calculate for it's effects at all points downrange on a long-range shot.

If winds were constant- and consistent- from the shooter to the target, yeah...but in the real world, we know that's almost never the case. I imagine you can either dial in the wind adjustment, or input it from a meter/station- but it's still going to be a "fixed" adjustment and doesn't allow for the shooter to hold-off based on current conditions, or break the trigger at the precise moment he feels the winds are optimal.