• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tract Toric

Sako man

profesional dilettante
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 7, 2012
    Galactic Sector ZZ9 Alpha Xray Plural.
    Looking around and I really don't see many threads on the Tract optical qualities, anyone have one of these and care to elaborate on the glass, any comparisons? Of course the manufacture sings the highest praises about their sourced SCHOTT glass, but it's always better to get real world feedback.

Thanks

Reactions: Earnhardt
    I’ve had a 4-20x50 for about a year and a half now. I am exceptionally pleased with it. I don’t really know how to define how good it is. I’ve shot it side by side with a low end Vortex and a Vortex Razor Gen. 2 the 5-27 x56 I think are the values. Both Vortex scopes have a greenish tint or hue to my eye whereas my Tract is crystal clear. I wouldn’t take a Vortex scope of any flavor over my Tract even if if came with a free blowjob. I love the lift up turrets and the mag ring is so smooth in its operation a throw lever is not needed.

Last edited:
    I’ve had a 4-20x50 gif about a year and a half now. I am exceptionally pleased with it. I don’t really know how to define his good it is. I e shot it dude by side with a low end Vortex and a Virtex Gen. 2 the 5-27 x56 I think is the values. Both Virtex scopes have a greenish tint of hue to my eye whereas my Tract is crystal clear. I wouldn’t take a Vortex scope of any flavor over my Tract even if if came with a free blowjob. I live the lift up turrets and tgd mag ring is so smooth in its operation a throw lever is not needed.
    I got what you’re saying, but man I got a headache reading it. Lol
    Either you’re speaking in code or you started your Friday night around noon today. 😂

Last edited:
    Had an ELR and had a thread on it. Good glass in it and I liked the reticle. The elevation knob was my biggest hold back in that it gets pretty tall when unlocked.

Reactions: Sako man and ACard
    I’ve had a 4-20x50 gif about a year and a half now. I am exceptionally pleased with it. I don’t really know how to define his good it is. I e shot it dude by side with a low end Vortex and a Virtex Gen. 2 the 5-27 x56 I think is the values. Both Virtex scopes have a greenish tint of hue to my eye whereas my Tract is crystal clear. I wouldn’t take a Vortex scope of any flavor over my Tract even if if came with a free blowjob. I live the lift up turrets and tgd mag ring is so smooth in its operation a throw lever is not needed.

This is why you aren't supposed to text while driving a motorcycle.

Bro just failed a field sobriety test without getting out of the car.

I've personally owned 3 Tract Toric scopes and currently own the 4.5-30x56 model and it's great. I like it a little better than my Athlon Cronus since the glass is a little more soothing to my eyes. Probably couldn't notice any significant difference though if they weren't glassed side by side. The only think I don't like about the Tract is there heavier than average I think it's 41 or 42oz.

I had 2 of the 4-20x50 30mm Tract Torics and parted ways with both of them due to their limited 20MILs of total elevation travel and prefer the Chinese made (GASP) Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50s that replaced them which to my own eyes were clearer than the Tract Torics at 4.5-20x magnification and had more total elevation travel of 25MILS and lighter weight too. The higher magnification was a welcomed plus too. In this case, the Chinese Athlon HD glass beat out the German Schott glass in those 4-20x Torics which is why I sent them down the road for a new owner to appreciate. Based on my own eyes, the 34mm 4.5-30x56 Toric is clearer than their 30mm 4-20x50 Toric even though they all use German Schott glass.

Buy them on sale 2x a year next 10% off sale expected in December or LE/Military get 15% off anytime.

I plan to try the Maven S.4 5-30x56 next time they go on sale hopefully under $1400. They're currently $1800 and supposed to be the best glass in the sub $2000 price point. I already own a Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 and curious if this Maven has nicer glass. A YouTuber Panther Hollow with no skin in the game stated his Maven S.4 5-30x56 is clearer than his Tract Toric ELR 4.5-30x56. He was offered it on their loaner program and liked it so much he bought it at full regular price.

I like my NF NX8 4-32x50 better than my Tract Toric ELR 4.5-30x56 due to it's significantly lighter weight 28oz vs 41-42oz and the NF has better image quality for my own eyes.

If you're interested in buying a Tract Toric then based on what I personally owned including some of their competition, I'd recommend their new $1500 4-25x50 Toric next time they go on sale for 10% off in December for $1350 or use your LE/Military discount for 15% off anytime for around ($1275?) Their total elevation travel is insane.

Already gave you my take on the alternatives as well. If you're ok with buying Chinese, the Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 is still currently on sale for $565.49 at Walmart online with free shipping and free returns. Just click on their $869.99 and the MOA model is the cheapest one. They typically sell for $869.99 everywhere else and have a MSRP of $1087.49 and Black Friday sale price has historically been around $670 for price reference.

If you're wanting to pay full price for the Tract Toric ELR 4.5-30x56 for around $1700 then just get the Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 instead.

I've personally owned 3 Tract Toric scopes and currently own the 4.5-30x56 model and it's great. I like it a little better than my Athlon Cronus since the glass is a little more soothing to my eyes. Probably couldn't notice any significant difference though if they weren't glassed side by side. The only think I don't like about the Tract is there heavier than average I think it's 41 or 42oz.

I had 2 of the 4-20x50 30mm Tract Torics and parted ways with both of them due to their limited 20MILs of total elevation travel and prefer the Chinese made (GASP) Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50s that replaced them which to my own eyes were clearer than the Tract Torics at 4.5-20x magnification and had more total elevation travel of 25MILS and lighter weight too. The higher magnification was a welcomed plus too. In this case, the Chinese Athlon HD glass beat out the German Schott glass in those 4-20x Torics which is why I sent them down the road for a new owner to appreciate. Based on my own eyes, the 34mm 4.5-30x56 Toric is clearer than their 30mm 4-20x50 Toric even though they all use German Schott glass.

Buy them on sale 2x a year next 10% off sale expected in December or LE/Military get 15% off anytime.

I plan to try the Maven S.4 5-30x56 next time they go on sale hopefully under $1400. They're currently $1800 and supposed to be the best glass in the sub $2000 price point. I already own a Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 and curious if this Maven has nicer glass. A YouTuber Panther Hollow with no skin in the game stated his Maven S.4 5-30x56 is clearer than his Tract Toric ELR 4.5-30x56. He was offered it on their loaner program and liked it so much he bought it at full regular price.

I like my NF NX8 4-32x50 better than my Tract Toric ELR 4.5-30x56 due to it's significantly lighter weight 28oz vs 41-42oz and the NF has better image quality for my own eyes.

If you're interested in buying a Tract Toric then based on what I personally owned including some of their competition, I'd recommend their new $1500 4-25x50 Toric next time they go on sale for 10% off in December for $1350 or use your LE/Military discount for 15% off anytime for around ($1275?) Their total elevation travel is insane.

Already gave you my take on the alternatives as well. If you're ok with buying Chinese, the Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 is still currently on sale for $565.49 at Walmart online with free shipping and free returns. Just click on their $869.99 and the MOA model is the cheapest one. They typically sell for $869.99 everywhere else and have a MSRP of $1087.49 and Black Friday sale price has historically been around $670 for price reference.

If you're wanting to pay full price for the Tract Toric ELR 4.5-30x56 for around $1700 then just get the Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 instead.
    Some interesting thoughts here. I actually like the BTR line, very impressive for the price point. I will look into the maven since you brought it up.

Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: Scopeye
    YouTube and on snipers hide pursuitofaccuracy loves the ole tract may check him out

I have tested several Tract scopes and currently have at least four here that I can think of. There may be more somewhere in there that I am not remembering at the moment (I tried to do an optics inventory a little while back, but gave up).

They make good stuff that is usually exceptionally good for the money. Most of my experience is with their various Toric scopes that are made in Japan. Which one are you looking at?

ILya

Last edited:
    The 4-25x50 looks like a good option and in the right price range. How does it's glass compare to the higher end stuff? I like to use ZCO or SnB as the standard as I'm familiar with those optics.
    It is not a ZCO or S&B, but I think they could charge another $400-$500 for it and none would feel they are not getting enough for the money.

ILya

It is not a ZCO or S&B, but I think they could charge another $400-$500 for it and none would feel they are not getting enough for the money.

ILya
    That is actually a great way to put it. On another note, I have not seen a review from you on the Zeiss S3 line yet, is that in the works or am I missing something?

Reactions: Scopeye
    That is actually a great way to put it. On another note, I have not seen a review from you on the Zeiss S3 line yet, is that in the works or am I missing something?
    Buy both of them and just return the one you don't like after comparing them side by side. That's what I like to do whenever there's other similar options. I usually buy 4-5 at a time and keep just one or 2 at the most.

If you mount them all in Burris Signature XTR rings they will appear as though they have never ever been mounted before after you're done testing all of them side by side on your rifles.

One notable difference between the two brands in question is their different warranties while Tract Optics have a Lifetime warranty including their electronics if the duration of their warranty matters to you.

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: Sako man
    Buy both of them and just return the one you don't like after comparing them side by side. That's what I like to do whenever there's other similar options. I usually buy 4-5 at a time and keep just one or 2 at the most.

If you mount them all in Burris Signature XTR rings they will appear as though they have never ever been mounted before after you're done testing all of them side by side on your rifles.

One notable difference between the two brands in question is their different warranties while Tract Optics have a Lifetime warranty including their electronics if the duration of their warranty matters to you.
    Great idea!

After 2 strokes I don’t have much conductivity in my finger tips. Phone keyboards are difficult at best. Fingerprint scanner time clock at work sometimes takes 5 or 6 tries to get a good scan. Also little to no feeling at all in my left fingers.

Reactions: JS8588

A bit late to this. I have a Tract 4x25x50 which I like. Bought the 4.5x30 and it just didnt seem to have the quality of resolution the 4x25 had so I sold it. found a good deal on the Cronus 4.5 x 29 and slightly prefer it to the Tract. Very close overall but the Cronus seems to have a bit better glass (to my eye) and definitely better eye box, very forgiving. Turrets are a bit stiff but thats not necessarily bad. Over all a toss up, buy the best deal.