• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trail Camera

hukset402

Weld On!
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2020
nebraska
So we moved to our own little 5.5 acre chunk of the earth, timber on 2 sides. I have 2 basic trail cameras to see what around.

Wife was talking about wifi or cellular cameras and I know nothing about them.

Do any of you run trail cameras that you prefer. I like the idea of checking them without stomping my fat butt into the woods.

Thanks in advance.

Tactacam is great picture quality but you have to pay each month.SPYPOINT is almost a good camera with 100 free pics a month. But they aren’t as clear and have issues. I have 4 SPYPOINTs and have sent 3 back . I have 2 Tactacam s and they work flawlessly

Reactions: Dawhit
I tried a couple of the cellular cameras. Neither the ATT nor the Verizon camera had service at the location. Even as I was making a call from my Verizon phone. My experience is that you need really good service.

No matter what brand people buy I always hear someone complaining about them.

Hopefully they've gotten their BS together

Friend just purchased a new farm. He has several of these and I have one we use for trail cameras and security at the same time. They can be a little touchy at time. But overall we really like them. This guy has several videos about them. Oh and if you purchase one change out to the antenna he recommends in one of his videos. The camera works better with it and it’s like $15.

I run the Tactacam Reveals with good performance. The antenna's actually pick up a better signal than my phone does. So far so good with them through 3 months of use.

I use theTactacam Reveal. I have 3 of the original and several of the Reveal X models. We also use 3 as security cameras at the barn where we sell corn. We have two outside to get any vehicles coming and going and another camera inside the barn facing the cash box. Other than one being chewed through by squirrels they have been running strong for about 3 years. You get low quality images sent to your device 8mp but the camera stores images up to 24mp. The lower resolution image saves data on your cellular device. You can get higher res photos sent to your device but it does cost a little more. They will also record HD video. The new rechargeable lithium batteries are a nice option. You can pay month to month or yearly. Yearly is a little cheaper.

Attachments

• 0546ae42-9e98-4ddb-88de-972f61776f67.jpg
    0546ae42-9e98-4ddb-88de-972f61776f67.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 7829aede-8b67-4077-aa8a-0a65f2b55b42.jpg
    7829aede-8b67-4077-aa8a-0a65f2b55b42.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 84d5f549-bd54-4570-9e09-dbf178c4c839.jpg
    84d5f549-bd54-4570-9e09-dbf178c4c839.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: Dawhit