• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Traveling with a suppressor

canezach

House of Chingasos
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 18, 2014
    Colorado
    I'm sure there's a thread on this somewhere, so forgive me if it's been discussed. My wife has family that lives in Washington State. If we were to drive there, we'd be going through Wyoming and Montana, both of which allow private citizens to own suppressors, according to Silencer Shop's website. I would be taking two rifles with me and two suppressors. I'm assuming carrying a copy of my trust and my stamps should be more than adequate, correct?

Thanks! Correct me if I'm wrong, but you only need ATF approval if transporting it through those uncivilized states who don't believe in the quiet whisper of freedom?

I'm not a 100% but it was my understanding it is illegal on a state level to transport through a non nfa state regardless if you have a form 20 done.

I'm sure there's a thread on this somewhere, so forgive me if it's been discussed. My wife has family that lives in Washington State. If we were to drive there, we'd be going through Wyoming and Montana, both of which allow private citizens to own suppressors, according to Silencer Shop's website. I would be taking two rifles with me and two suppressors. I'm assuming carrying a copy of my trust and my stamps should be more than adequate, correct?

Also, I wouldn’t take the actual stamps. Copies should be sufficient.

Reactions: canezach
    I went to a copy store and they downsided my atf forms w/stamps to 65% which is still quiet readable and then had them laminated Those are what I carry and for the 10 bucks for 3 to be done is cheap! Stan

Along similar lines, does anyone know if carrying photographs of your stamp/papers in your phone acceptable vs reduced printed copies?