• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG 42 and 22 (338Lap & 6.5CM) @1500mtrs Results

wooferocau

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
Victoria,Australia
Perfect weather wise here in AUS , today a good excuse for some long range fun.
Myself and friend decided on some Sako TRG action at 1500mtrs.

My mate has his TR42 338Lap and i have the baby brother TRG22 in 6.5CM . The 338Lap is using 300gr Scenars and the 6.5 Creedmoor 140VLD Berger,s
Scopes are Kahles 624i with the SKMR3 reticle......

Very happy with the results.... I ddi get my arse kicked by may mate and the 338....... but still happy with my effort and the 6.5 at this distance..

Some pics..

j0jwqv.jpg

13ztir.jpg

2dhhdht.jpg

6hq8w5.jpg

ousdxd.jpg

339orrd.jpg

2ng4mc9.jpg

25k1t8k.jpg

est549.jpg

rviy6x.jpg

Damn brother what's with shooting the rifle on your left side while using your right hand for the trigger? But love the TRG's always have been a favorite of mine...

Damn brother what's with shooting the rifle on your left side while using your right hand for the trigger? But love the TRG's always have been a favourite of mine...

Been a right hand shooter all my life, then a couple of years ago i was diagnosed with Keratoconus in my right eye which resulted in me not being able to use my right eye any more.

Tried to adapt to left hand, but just couldn't come to grips with it....so i shoot left shoulder left eye and use my right hand....the other option was to stop shooting altogether.....

That sucks man! Agreed, looks like you have adapted well. Way to adapt & overcome!

Looks like, .338LM has no benefits, even over a kilometer.

Awesome shooting gents! Wish I had an area like you to shoot. I live in the San Francisco bay area and would have to drive hours to shoot in open country. I used to shoot my TRG 42 338 Lapua but 200 yards is just too easy. Then the range closed and I'm left with 100 yards everywhere within an 2 hours. Did I mention I'm jealous. I need to move!

Thanks for sharing.

Fantastic country you're shooting in there mate! You obviously get more rain than I do! I'm setting up a TRG42 in 300 Win Mag, with a K624i as well, just waiting for my Spuhr mount to arrive. I went with the MSR reticle, but looking at your SKMR....I like it a lot!

Such great fucking rifles. I will say this much however. You guys should get the Sako bipods as they offer a slight advantage as they bring the pivot point closer to the bore center line. As well the spiky legs really let you front load the rifle and push into it. Too bad Sako accessories are so expensive.