• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG Folder

jbuck88

Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2010
Port Angeles, WA
OK so I don't want to get too far off topic on the TRG pics thread.

But what is the differences between the old folding stock (the one currently on Beretta's webpage) and the newer one.

Sako-TRG-22-308-Desert-Tan-Folding-StockJRSM816.jpg

vs.

sako_JRSM416.jpg

The only difference I can really see is the monopod, but there is about $2,200 between the two. Local shop has one for $3799. The one on EuroOptics is $5,999.

I am going to check the one out at the dealer this weekend, and just want to be informed about the differences.

Thanks

Re: TRG Folder

get the old version it is still badass and very comfortable. just use a rear bag and dont worry about the differences

why is the folding option so friggin expensive i see no reason for it other than beretta/sako bending the consumer over

That new folder looks cool but for that price you can get 2 standard
rifles. The folder would be tacticool though.

I believe there were only 17 imported of the new style folders, I read somewhere that Berretta will not be importing anymore so what's here is all that is available.That's why the price is higher."dog leg" rear height adjustment is an improvement which is now on the same height as the bipod.old model rear spike isn't quite the correct height as bipod height.push button folding latch and push button height adjustment on butt pad ,and sling loops on folder are the upgrades.That is all I know.If the import numbers are true or not I don't know?Oh rubber type cheek piece is also new on folder.older folder has hard plastic /polyurathane cheek.

Is beretta not importing any more? or just the new style?

I heard they aren't importing the Sako QUAD either. Is there something going on?

That is pricey for something that might not get folded but once in a while.

Also did you see the freakn price on the 20" barrel TRGs compaired to the 26"...500 buck more for 6" less barrel What the hell is that about? Man I could take a 26"er and have it cut down and threaded for maybe a 100 bucks. Now if you look through my post you will see I am in the process of "saving a little more money" and getting a TRG, but I will be getting the normal rifle 2500 bucks of pure perfection. And whats cool is for a 42 in 300winmag almost same price as a 308.