• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG Rifles picture thread.....??

Re: TRG Rifles picture thread.....??

That is hilarious!!
You need to add a rear view mirror on it.

The range is nice. MCSA in PA and that's the shorter 500 yard, RH leg in the background. The range extends to 1K on the LH leg.

I was being shown how to shoot with the rifle on it's side so we added a bipod to the optics rail. Then genius struck and we got carried away.
crazy.gif

A rear view mirror is a great idea! It will help to keep an eye on my six.
laugh.gif

Crappy pic of the new Ashbury Saber Forsst stock on a TRG 42 in .338 that I don't think is out on the market yet. Very nice.

TRG.png

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forwardeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont remember seeing one....

Trg22 20" Folder,factory brake,sako bipods,Tab sling,SB 5.5-25x56,Badger m40a3 rings,Warne 20 moa base.
3-trg.jpg

3-trg2.jpg

3-trg1.jpg

3-trg0.jpg
</div></div>The rifle pictured here is now MINE, I just wanted to share that with you guys.

My -42:

--21" Broughton barrel installed by Dale at Elite Iron (1:9 twist)
--Elite Iron SD muzzle break
--Near Mfg rail and Ops2 rings (soon to be replaced with Spuhr mount)
--Leupold Mk4 6.5-20x50 ER/T FFL with TMR and M1 knobs
--US Optics bubble level
--Harris 6-9" BRM-S
--Stock was coated in FDE by Mark at SAC

photo-10.jpg

photo-9.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a TRG42 Stealth and it has got a new chassis.
I am extremely satisfied, its definitely nicer than the previous one.
img4c761a53d8315.jpg
img4c761ab9f3229.jpg

The new chassis are the extentended version, and it comes witha quad rail.
I think that the solution that both Sako and AI have with a bipod infront of the forend is so much better than solutions under the foreend.

img4c761bba52f7f.jpg

img4c761dc67a079.jpg
The new folder are improved with a higher buttspike, and steadyer solding solution, and an improved buttplate adjustability.
This is definitely better than the previous one, and the folding stock makes the TRG a much nicer weapon to shoot and handle as the stock lenght easaly gets adjusted betwen different positions.
I have about 1,25" longer stock when shooting prone than with other positions, and I expect that everybody really needs a longer stock for prone if everything should be optimized

img4c761a9b2491d.jpg
ATPIAL12OCLOCK.jpg
36006_465815554407_680984407_6430258_4652169_n.jpg
37367_465816934407_680984407_6430294_8193196_n.jpg

Of course I have my own scopemount on the guns.
A mount attached directly to the gun, instead of having an extra rail in betwen.
Scopemount with various attachments and built in level.
Extremely good visiability of the Knobs

Håkan

</div></div>

I LIKEEEEEEEE

Best pic I currently have of mine:

IMGP2205.jpg

I have an AAC Cyclone on the way for it.

It shoots pretty good:

IMAG0048.jpg

(that's 5 rounds in the middle, FGMM 168gr).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Best pic I currently have of mine:

IMGP2205.jpg

I have an AAC Cyclone on the way for it.

It shoots pretty good:

IMAG0048.jpg

(that's 5 rounds in the middle, FGMM 168gr). </div></div>
Nice group!
I'm thinking my rifle likes 155grn scenars with 46grns of varget. As it shot a nice group until I winged one. I'm getting a little better at shooting her as I get more trigger time!

Glad to say that after obsessing over AW vs TRG and choosing an AW, that now I have BOTH, and couldn't be happier! Here is my new TRG, factory bipod, brake, Warn 20 moa base, Badger rings, and a Hensoldt 4-16x56 ff:

IMAG0164.jpg

congrats bm11, how do you like it so far?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 8up</div><div class="ubbcode-body">congrats bm11, how do you like it so far? </div></div> Very well. I have a comprehensive range report and comparison to my AW that I am planning on posting, I just need to get a good side by side picture. But it's a very nice rifle- and I have had a good bit of time on someone else' TRG before I decided to buy this one.

Here's my low budget, basic TRG-42 setup
laugh.gif

.338 Lapua Magnum, Nightforce NXS 5,5-22x50, Nightforce medium low steel rings, Harris 6-9 with Podclaws, BR Reflex T8 Magnum suppressor hidden in a TAB cover. Going to get a muzzle brake, just haven't decided on which one yet.
dsc0285resize.jpg

dsc0341resize.jpg

Colors are a little off, I'm working on my photography skillz. Plus the lighting in my apartment isn't great to work with..

Here's my app 25 year old Tikka M65A. Grandfather of the TRG?

TikkaTarget3.jpg

TorF, very nice Tikka! Can you give us the details on this rifle?

It's 308win, Tikka prototype M690 "long" action (grandfather of the T3), two stage match trigger, single stack 5 shot steel mag.

Action is fitted in a large aluminium "bedding block". "Stengun" stock with cheek piece is fully adjustable. Stock tube and grip is welded/glued and fitted to the bedding block with two large sqrews. Fore grip and cheek piece are wood.

If I remember correctly this is a pre Sako rifle made at the old Tikkakoski factory. I'll have a look at the stampings on the rifle.

TikkaTarget1.jpg

(Bad photo from mobile phone camere. There's a spoon in the triggerguard to get an angle from the floor)

Nice!!!!

I'm still waiting for the production of the action wrneches!

That Tikka is awesome! I read something about a rare prototype that existed that was an early 3 lug action, is that it?

S73, they're at finishing now.

Justin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice!!!!

I'm still waiting for the production of the action wrneches! </div></div>x2, I already have a Story vice I picked up for AW barrel changes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That Tikka is awesome! I read something about a rare prototype that existed that was an early 3 lug action, is that it?

Justin </div></div>

The bolt has 2 lugs. It looks very much like a T3 bolt except it floats in a synthetic sleve(?) in the action wich makes it even smoother than a T3. I'll take some better picures of it and post them here.

Regards
Torf

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFTexan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My -42:

--21" Broughton barrel installed by Dale at Elite Iron (1:9 twist)
--Elite Iron SD muzzle break
--Near Mfg rail and Ops2 rings (soon to be replaced with Spuhr mount)
--Leupold Mk4 6.5-20x50 ER/T FFL with TMR and M1 knobs
--US Optics bubble level
--Harris 6-9" BRM-S
--Stock was coated in FDE by Mark at SAC</div></div>

Made some additions and changes this week:
--Spuhr mount replaced Near Rail and USO bubble
--added a KRG mag catch

TRGrightside.jpg

TRGleftsidefull.jpg

TRGrightsidereceiver.jpg

TRGrearview.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
ssia6s.jpg

5j8g9k.jpg

lypbqy.jpg
</div></div>

That looks absolutely amazing!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to say that after obsessing over AW vs TRG and choosing an AW, that now I have BOTH, and couldn't be happier! Here is my new TRG, factory bipod, brake, Warn 20 moa base, Badger rings, and a Hensoldt 4-16x56 ff:

IMAG0164.jpg
</div></div> My favorite to date.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razzle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my low budget, basic TRG-42 setup
laugh.gif

.338 Lapua Magnum, Nightforce NXS 5,5-22x50, Nightforce medium low steel rings, Harris 6-9 with Podclaws, BR Reflex T8 Magnum suppressor hidden in a TAB cover. Going to get a muzzle brake, just haven't decided on which one yet.
dsc0285resize.jpg

dsc0341resize.jpg

Colors are a little off, I'm working on my photography skillz. Plus the lighting in my apartment isn't great to work with..</div></div>

Get the NEAR brake. The rifle kicks like a 308 with it on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Get the NEAR brake. The rifle kicks like a 308 with it on. </div></div>

palmik's right, the NEAR brake is great (as are their tri-lug rails and rings). Shot it next to a guy using a Sako brake at the range one day and the next time I saw him he was running the NEAR!

Here's a deal on one in the SH Post Exchange (from a good guy at that): http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2175706

Thanks guys, everyone seems to love the NEAR brake. I also like that it looks somewhat similar to the TRG brake, so it's most likely the one I'll buy.

I got to get me one of these TRG's some day....in a .308 to start with. Nice rigs fellas.

Just got my thread adapter in so I can run my SAS Ti Arbiter on it (yes, that is my dinner table.)

100_2032.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bm11 guess what.... </div></div>What?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Youre rifle sucks...(kicks dirt while crossing arms) </div></div>Going to the range tomorrow, first time shooting it suppressed, I'll make sure to let you know how much it sucks!

TRG-42 in .338
PH 5-25
YHM QD Can
Badger 20 min base
Seekins rings
Holland anti-cant (there is also a USO anti-cant on there that now resides on my SPS... I couldn't position it so I could see it with the PH)
10mm cheekpiece riser
And of course, Harris bipod.
Getting unbelievable accuracy out of it....wish I was as consistent as the rifle.
IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

I've posted pics here before, but not in this thread. Desert Tan 20", Sako brake, bipod, and three ring scope mount. Schmidt & Bender 5-25x56, CW mil adjustments, P4F reticle.

23jhi6g.jpg

11vpszm.jpg

$10 homemade cheekpiece spacer.

5e71xi.jpg

That is an amazing paint job!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
ssia6s.jpg

5j8g9k.jpg

lypbqy.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forwardeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trg22 20" 308 Folder and Schmidt and Bender 3-12x50 pmII,thanks to the guys at Euro Optic.com
</div></div>Jose, you have a SERIOUS problem!

Haha!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SakoTRG FAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TRG 42 with Ken Farrell serial #'d rings and a NF 3.5-15x50

url]
</div></div>
After watching your clip, I can't decide if you got this for Christmas or is that Camo?
LOL
SScott

I just found this thread and I wanted to contribute. Here is a picture of my TRG22 the first day I got it. This is the first rifle I have had that I could shoot a 5 shot "bughole" group with. Notice, to make my Harris bipod work with the sling stud up front I glued strips of leather to the rubber on the bipod to give it more height, I later colored them black. I have made some changes in the past 6 weeks that I have had the rifle, so I will post another photo this weekend when I get my Nightforce mounted.
SScott
Sakofull.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sunnyside Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SakoTRG FAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TRG 42 with Ken Farrell serial #'d rings and a NF 3.5-15x50

url]
</div></div>
After watching your clip, I can't decide if you got this for Christmas or is that Camo?
LOL
SScott </div></div>

Actually both! My super awesome girlfriend got it for me for Christmas and a week afterwards I chopped up our old Christmas tree :) Christmas camo!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forwardeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trg22 20" 308 Folder and Schmidt and Bender 3-12x50 pmII,thanks to the guys at Euro Optic.com
IMG_0988_1.jpg
</div></div>

Awesome!

Best of luck with it.

IMG_0988_1.jpg
</div></div>

This may be the wronge place, but what is the difference between the Euro optic folder and the one on sako's website? It looks like it has a differnt rear monopod, but is that all? Considering that there is about a $2K difference between the one sitting on a local gun shops rack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbuck88</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forwardeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trg22 20" 308 Folder and Schmidt and Bender 3-12x50 pmII,thanks to the guys at Euro Optic.com
IMG_0988_1.jpg
</div></div>

This may be the wronge place, but what is the difference between the Euro optic folder and the one on sako's website? It looks like it has a differnt rear monopod, but is that all? Considering that there is about a $2K difference between the one sitting on a local gun shops rack.</div></div>

Sako re-designed the folding stock. Forwardeyes has the newest version.