• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG Rifles picture thread.....??

Re: TRG Rifles picture thread.....??

Crossed Trg22 Rifles 20" 260rem and 18" 308 both wear the best precision can ,Thunderbeast.
DSC_0050-1-1.jpg

Jose,

You truly have a problem. My hat's off to you, sir.

-Bob

Half tempted to yank that 308 barrel off and go with a 6.5 caliber.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M-DTeEdL6XY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M-DTeEdL6XY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Anyone else notice the brass hitting their hand? I never noticed until I played back the video.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jose,

You truly have a problem. My hat's off to you, sir.

-Bob</div></div>
I'm not claiming both trgs are mine Bob ,only the tan one.

I just got my rifle back from Benchmark barrels, it is now a TRG22 in 7mm08 with a 1-9 twist 3 groove fluted 26" barrel, wearing a Near brake. I am doing some load developement at this time I will post a range report when I get it done, enjoy.
SScott
7mm08TRG.jpg

So finally decided to paint the TRG. Probably sacrilege, but Krylon comes off easily. And there's nothing else I want to 'do' to it... a Spuhr mount would be great, but nothing for the T-Pal. So time to throw some paint at it.

TRG-22 .308 folder
USO 5-25 Tpal red illum.
Farrell 20 MOA down w. rings.
Sako Pic Rail, modified to clear USO
Custom sunshade/ARD
TAB biathlon (not pictured)
Atlas bipod
Custom Atlas Bipod Mount
Sako brake
USO anti-cant

sakopainted.jpg

Had it out yesterday and it was dialed in enough to hit eggs at 400. Our ROE is <300, so had not done a lot of doping at 400 - 700. But have it pretty dialed-in. There is nothing like a TRG...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Chiller:

You should get one. I've never seen a rifle, custom or otherwise that shoots like a TRG.

I think an AI would be in the same league. And I've seen other people that shoot better than "Me"... and with inferior rifles. But to remove all excuses and find a rifle that just is perfect... make the investment.

You won't be disappointed.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I thought I should contribute to my favorite thread. Here is my TRG 22 I have had it for a few years now and it has been the reason I have stopped trading rifles, I dont like anything else. The group is a 5 shot group that was used to zero the Bender @ 100yds and also took the rifle to 3k rounds.
001.jpg

002.jpg

002-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So finally decided to paint the TRG. Probably sacrilege, but Krylon comes off easily. And there's nothing else I want to 'do' to it... a Spuhr mount would be great, but nothing for the T-Pal. So time to throw some paint at it.

TRG-22 .308 folder
USO 5-25 Tpal red illum.
Farrell 20 MOA down w. rings.
Sako Pic Rail, modified to clear USO
Custom sunshade/ARD
TAB biathlon (not pictured)
Atlas bipod
Custom Atlas Bipod Mount
Sako brake
USO anti-cant

sakopainted.jpg

Had it out yesterday and it was dialed in enough to hit eggs at 400. Our ROE is <300, so had not done a lot of doping at 400 - 700. But have it pretty dialed-in. There is nothing like a TRG...

Cheers,

Sirhr

</div></div>love the krylon, good work!

Some truly great pics of these incredible rifles. WOW!

I planned on a green phosphate trg22, but I think some of these tan babies have just changed my mind!

Good Shit Daniel.always taking great pics .

Just finished this one in 7WSM, still waiting for the 30P-1 that I have on order. I'm already thinking of picking up a TRG22 in .260.

DSC_6724.jpg

DSC_6720.jpg

Photo is of my TRG-22, in 308. Now completely sorted.
-Custom cheekpiece spacer,10mm
-Atlas Version 8 Bipod attached to Anshutz rail using Accushots BT28 AFAR kit
-Sako muzzle brake, reduces felt recoil entirely and keeps scope on target
after you fire
-trigger pull weight adjusted to 1st stage 12 oz. and 2nd stage 22 oz
-Holland anti-cant level
-Near picatinney rail base with 25 MOA
-Badger Ordnance rings USMC M40A3 Standard Height 1.0"
-Premier Heritage Tactical 5-25x56 Illuminated GEN 2XR MTC, DT, CCW, .1 MRAD, 28 MRAD, 3" sunshade

Best load is 155.5 Berger Fullbore bullet, Lapula Palma Brass, CCI 450 small rifle magnum primer, 47.5 gr. of Varget, bullet lenght 3.170 measured from the base of case to bullet ogive. This is .018" off the lands. The loaded rounds are to long to put in magazine so they do have to be loaded individually.

p1010366.jpg

Guys I have a TRG22 coming... need to purchase a sling for it. In the way of sling attachment, what do I ened... both sling ends HK hooks, or one end HK hook, the other flush cup swivel?

Checking out the pictures seems I saw both. Does the rifle come with loops for the HK hook out of the box?

Nice rifles in the thread, looking foward to mine.

Cheers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_Lamz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">twins (these might look familiar)

5959903273_b8f8a6dd18_b.jpg

5960461840_b21e21a709_b.jpg

5960461564_38425543ab_b.jpg

5959902915_1ba8179105_b.jpg

5959902681_bf93e10ece_b.jpg

5959935907_64de8278ae_b.jpg
</div></div>

How embarrassing would it be to go to the range and someone else shows up with almost the same rifle.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys I have a TRG22 coming... need to purchase a sling for it. In the way of sling attachment, what do I ened... both sling ends HK hooks, or one end HK hook, the other flush cup swivel?</div></div>There are many different point to attach a sling. Both sides of stock, under forestock and on the left hand side of rifle. I removed all those pieces since they were not need.

On a side note my gun club hosted the Rimfire World Championship with your county having the largest team I think there were at least 17 members. They did very well and were quite entertaining.

See link below:
http://www.wrabf.com/World%20Championship%202011.htm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ronas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Photo is of my TRG-22, in 308. Now completely sorted.
-Custom cheekpiece spacer,10mm
-Atlas Version 8 Bipod attached to Anshutz rail using Accushots BT28 AFAR kit
-Sako muzzle brake, reduces felt recoil entirely and keeps scope on target
after you fire
-trigger pull weight adjusted to 1st stage 12 oz. and 2nd stage 22 oz
-Holland anti-cant level
-Near picatinney rail base with 25 MOA
-Badger Ordnance rings USMC M40A3 Standard Height 1.0"
-Premier Heritage Tactical 5-25x56 Illuminated GEN 2XR MTC, DT, CCW, .1 MRAD, 28 MRAD, 3" sunshade

Best load is 155.5 Berger Fullbore bullet, Lapula Palma Brass, CCI 450 small rifle magnum primer, 47.5 gr. of Varget, bullet lenght 3.170 measured from the base of case to bullet ogive. This is .018" off the lands. The loaded rounds are to long to put in magazine so they do have to be loaded individually.

p1010366.jpg
</div></div>

Have you tried to seat it back to 2.8? Kinda defeats the purpose of having a tactical rifle if you have a load that only works by single feeding it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you tried to seat it back to 2.8? Kinda defeats the purpose of having a tactical rifle if you have a load that only works by single feeding it</div></div>

Yes to first question. Maybe to second question.

I bought this rifle because it was the nicest rifle for the price that was a factory milspec. 308 bolt action rifle.

At my gun club I shoot only 600 yards and 800 yards with this rifle with my benchrest shooting friends. As you know they shoot with gun in a vise and a trigger that will fire when you blow on it. Well I like to shoot with them but I'm just not going to get a rifle that you put in a vise to shoot.

I experimented with different powders, bullets, and seating depth distances. What I'm using is very, very accurate.

By chance I tried some 168 gr Amax bullets yesterday, loaded so bullet was same distance to ogive as bergers. They very easily fit in magazine. Results at 600 yards was 5" groups not even close to bergers which were a little over 3".

If I want to give up accuracy I'm sure I could work up a load that will fit magazine. Some people may be happy with the Amax 168's I shot.

Our new range is to have a 1000 yard range so that will be interesting.

photo1.jpg

This was me coming Third in the recent Highpower Rifle Associction Sharp&Snap Shot Shoot in aid of the Royal British Legion at Bisley. My first ever comp, and second time shooting my TRG. I had done load development the day before. No known drops and reliant on Isnipe for Iphone. With a load of 44.7grn Varget under a 155grn (2155) SMK @ 2739 FPS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ackley Improved</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys I have a TRG22 coming... need to purchase a sling for it. In the way of sling attachment, what do I ened... both sling ends HK hooks, or one end HK hook, the other flush cup swivel?

Checking out the pictures seems I saw both. Does the rifle come with loops for the HK hook out of the box?

Nice rifles in the thread, looking foward to mine.

Cheers
</div></div>

I got a biathlon sling from TAB gear with a HK hook on the front attachment and a flush cup swivel for the rear. I saw some people talk about just using HK hooks on both front and rear but I did not have a HK loop for the rear with the gun when I bought it nor could I find one that goes into a flush cup mount.

Have you tried to seat it back to 2.8? Kinda defeats the purpose of having a tactical rifle if you have a load that only works by single feeding it. [/quote]

+1

Sako TRG22, 26" barrel

OAL 2.810, Varget , 175 SMK

IMG_9647.jpg

OAL 2.810, Power Pro 2000-MR

IMG_0273-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ronas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
On a side note my gun club hosted the Rimfire World Championship with your county having the largest team I think there were at least 17 members. They did very well and were quite entertaining.

See link below:
http://www.wrabf.com/World%20Championship%202011.htm

</div></div>

If only I knew that you were there!

I was one of the Aussie shooters at the WRABF World Championships, and only returned home yesterday. It was a great comp, completely dominated by the American guys.

- bec

Twin Sako TRG 22's

photo-1.png

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

My TRG resting in my Tacops drag bag.

**Sorry for the crappy phone pics**

Love the images in here. I need to get up a picture of mine, thanks to Alex @ Eurooptics. It is a dream to shoot!

Someone mentioned a lack of brown TRGs in this thread.

This is not the greatest pic, but it will have to suffice until I can snap a couple more

010-5.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
ssia6s.jpg

5j8g9k.jpg

lypbqy.jpg
</div></div>

As completely opposed that I am to anything remotely resembling a snake, since I despise them with a passion, I must say, that the paint job done on this TRG is some excellent and unique work.

Nicely done Sir.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mackay Sagebrush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone mentioned a lack of brown TRGs in this thread.

This is not the greatest pic, but it will have to suffice until I can snap a couple more

010-5.jpg
</div></div>

As colors go I have to say I do like what you have done there.

Definately like the snake pattern. Very good work. I am a little digitaled out right now, I prefer the classic large patch type camo, like WW2 and postwar patterns. I have a newly aquired TRG42 that will get some special treatment when I get home. Stand by to standby for the pictures. It will be nice, and different and unique.

again, excellent work on the snake pattern.

Is the folder grip any smaller than the straight stock grip? The straight one to me, feels a hair to thick sorta like a g21 grip close but a hair to big, tried an Ai folder and the grip seemed smaller.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the folder grip any smaller than the straight stock grip? The straight one to me, feels a hair to thick sorta like a g21 grip close but a hair to big, tried an Ai folder and the grip seemed smaller.</div></div>

i would say the folder is actually bigger than the fixed stock trg honestly which is perfect for my supersized ass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the folder grip any smaller than the straight stock grip? The straight one to me, feels a hair to thick sorta like a g21 grip close but a hair to big, tried an Ai folder and the grip seemed smaller.</div></div>

i would say the folder is actually bigger than the fixed stock trg honestly which is perfect for my supersized ass. </div></div>I would have to agree with Scott here. The grip is, if anything, a bit thicker.

That said Myers, have you tried keeping your thumb vertical? (Not wrapping around the grip.) That is what feels the most comfortable to me.

Tried that and it does seem better, I think I was just conditioned to an ar style grip from the army. The trg was comfortable, it just seemed like the aics I tried felt more so because of being able to have a handle to grip I think. Got to say the accuracy and trigger were perfect, loved the bipod too.Some said the aiae trigger was good but not the trg, guess a compromise either way.

Agreed, unless you have super huge hands it will be hard to get a really good wrap-around grip on the TRG stock grip. I like the thumb up position as well, can get enough tension on the stock that I feel in control still and it is very comfortable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mackay Sagebrush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone mentioned a lack of brown TRGs in this thread.

010-5.jpg
</div></div>

As colors go I have to say I do like what you have done there. </div></div>

Thanks,

The brown TRG makes sense in my environment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mackay Sagebrush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
014-4.jpg

019-2.jpg
</div></div>

Where did you source the cheek spacer?

I had a couple made by SakoTrgFan here on the Hide. I had one made for a 42 for that I set up for my dad and one for my 22. Mine is just a touch too high. I mayhave him trim it back a touch.

Quality is first rate.

He makes them one at a time. It is a side job for him, not a primary occupation. They are slick.