• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Trigger guard...

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    The Kelbly Stolle Panda F Class action. Been around for a long time now yet no one makes a dedicated trigger guard for it. That box is now thankfully checked.

Not really reinventing any wheels. Just a well machined piece specifically designed for the back two guard screws. I did a small batch in SS and chromoly this morning. A fun little part to make. Got it in two ops. The outer guard bow is fully contoured. I loath the "soviet" looking stuff that seem to be so prevalent today. This stuff is supposed to have "hips" on it.

Some chatter on this one. Stupid me had the part inverted in the computer resulting in conventional milling the finish pass on the inside. Fixed that so we'll be solid from here out.

Just takes a couple minutes on a scotchbrite wheel to finish up. No boogers that require a file which is always nice. Deburring parts just sucks.

Saturday project finished. Homeward bound now.

1544897197561.png

1544897213982.png

1544897227303.png

1544897243882.png

1544897256583.png

Very Nice. I went on your site and it's asking for length and what-not. What numbers do I punch in to order the Panda F-Class action? Appreciated.

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure. I'd call Kelby's or grab a caliper to measure the hole spacing. I sort these things by hole space. I've never kept track of what goes to what. As a request comes in, I adapt the model and add it to the store.

Chad do yall make an ADL trigger guard that will fit a remington 40x single shot.

Montrose

Yes. The ones I've done in the past goes something like this:

I used one of our shorter ones, the length I forget... Basically, I inlet the stock for the guard and turned a threaded ferrule for the front screw hole. Poke a hole in the stock since there's no mag well, glue the insert, and call it a day.