• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Trigger manipulation with Middle Finger?

Re: Trigger manipulation with Middle Finger?

i used my middle for two months while i had a cast on. same fundamentals, i had no issues other than the cast leaving white marks all over my rifle once i got used to it.

now that i think of it, tom berringer could give you a good reason to practice wiht your middle finger.........

May interest you guys to know that a commonly used method by Aussie diggers in WWI and WWII to deliver rapid fire with the Lee Enfield SMLE .303 was to utilise the middle finger for the trigger and then cycle the bolt with index finger and thumb.

I think there are a few demos on you're-a-tube, if you look around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armymedic.2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">now that i think of it, tom berringer could give you a good reason to practice wiht your middle finger......... </div></div>

Whoa! AHAHAHAAA!
grin.gif

I have to use my middle finger due to an accident a number of years ago. The only problem I have is making sure of where the nub of my index finger is so as to avoid the bolt knob on the recoil.

Steel bolt knob + end of bone and nerve endings = serious ouch.

I read a book when I was young about an old western cowboy that used his middle finger as his “trigger finger.” He laid out his index finger along the frame (indifferent from how we train), pointed at what he wanted to shoot, and fired with the middle finger. He commented that we grow up pointing at stuff, and it was quicker to get on target. Who knows, but I have always wondered about it.

feels weird, i just got behind my closet gun and tried it. I guess if you keep 90 and come straight back it should not matter.