• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger upgrade - best 2 stage for 2020?

As an update, I just installed and had some range time with the Geissele SSA-E. Overall it is an excellent trigger right out of the box and I'm highly impressed. Thanks to all those who showed me some great options and helped with my decision.

I agree that the SSA-E is outstanding. My personal preference is for the TriggerTech Diamond.

Reactions: jp_over
Triggertech is excellent. The SSA-E and HSNM Geiselle's are excellent as well. Elftmann makes a nice 2 stage trigger and AR Gold is great. The LaRue is a good price but a basic upgrade from a standard AR trigger. I had 4 and dont have any now. If looking for a great 2 stage and have th funds or time to get them you can do far better than the LaRue

Roger that.

At the risk of being argumentative, I would submit the MBT is closer to half the price of the SSA vice 1/3. One just has to know when and where to look. But your point still stands.

The MBT appears to be made out of "better" materials if one thinks tool steel is superior to whatever G is using. I'm not a metallurgist and so will not wade into those waters. I don't know if it is better made as G triggers have reportedly done very well in scary places around the world.

How about we conclude this conversation like this: the MBT is likely the best sub $100 AR trigger on the market. Fair enough?
I have both the SSA-E and MBT. The Larue is one of the best sub $200 triggers on the market (IMO).

Reactions: TACC
I have both the SSA-E and MBT. The Larue is one of the best sub $200 triggers on the market (IMO).
A reduced power trigger spring on the LaRue makes it mo' betta'.

Triggertech & the SSA-E are still a cut above though for those that appreciate such things.

MM

Reactions: cafemike