• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triggers for 5.56 and 7.62 build

Fyawitjr

Private
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2009
Anchorage, Alaska USA
I'm looking for opinions on lower parts kits for a couple builds I am starting. Both rifles will be used for long range shooting. Thanks in advance.

Re: Triggers for 5.56 and 7.62 build

If you are just looking for a parts kit I would say that anyone you can find right now. If you are looking for a good trigger for your AR15-10 I would go with the JP trigger. I have them in both my AR15-10. The Rock River Two stage is another good trigger.

i have said this before.........the JP trigger best replicates the tweeked bolt-gun trigger.

Gieselle is by far the best AR trigger I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. The JP, Timney, RRA are also pretty good.

RRA 2 stage triggers are cost effective and really good triggers. You can also give a Timney trigger a try. Gieselle would be the best out of the 3 and some are adjustable as well to suit your needs.

RR a good way to go and fairly easy to get a hold of quickly.

Have a giessele in my DPMS 10, it's excellent but fairly complex. Put a PACT in my new DPMS 15 and it is far simpler, beautifully made and lets off at 2 lbs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have said this before.........the JP trigger best replicates the tweeked bolt-gun trigger.</div></div>

+1...I have a couple, one with over 15000 rounds on it - finally had to replace the springs and readjust. Will require a little smithing to tune correctly.

Giessele is best 2 stage. Almost a drop in but will require slight mod to some safety selectors.

Im in the same boat. I have a RRA in my AR, but always looking for something new, for my AR-10 I had read over on AR15 about the new AR GOLD Trigger Not alot of people have used it but seems the people who have love it. It is a McCormick hybrid from what I was reading.