• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TriggerTech 2 stage Diamond - Safety Check -- KRG BRAVO Chassis

SN13

Impatient
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2009
West Palm Beach, FL
So i picked up the Diamond 2stage (Green).

Installed, adjusted, set the safety... Pulled hard... "click"... uh oh... I panicked a bit.

Took it apart, realized there was a little mark on the aluminum chassis and the safety lever. They were touching.

I had to grind a little notch in the Aluminum rail to allow the safety lever to fully engage rearward. Then, no issues.

Soooooo.

If you install this trigger in a KRG Bravo, set the safety, pull the trigger stiffly and see if you get a click. If so, grind a little slot for the safety lever.

Are the single stage diamond like that also?

I am just running into the same issue with a TriggerTech 2 stage special and a KRG Whiskey 3 gen 6.

Smarter people will chime in but this is probably more due to an aggregation of various tolerances from action, trigger, and stock causing fit issues.

My personal experience:

KRG W3 + Vector action + TT = needed to relieve some of the stock to fit it all in

JJ Allen + Vector + TT = No issues

KRG W3 + Nucelus + TT = No issues

KRG Bravo + RimX + TT = No issues

single stage DIAMOND 💎 Southpaw in Manners PRS1 gen2 mini-chassis requires some clearencing!!!

TT 2 stage in Bergara B14 6.5cm, firm pull on trigger with safety on and it will fire. Need to do some checking on this.

Advice?

You’ll need to remove your action from the stock and check for interference with the safety lever. You should see some sort of wear mark. I used a dremel to make a small relief cut for my safety. Doesn’t take much.

Reactions: Just Chuck
You’ll need to remove your action from the stock and check for interference with the safety lever. You should see some sort of wear mark. I used a dremel to make a small relief cut for my safety. Doesn’t take much.

^good advice above. The wear mark will probably look something like this, notice the silver gouge caused by the safety (this was my KRG W3 and TT setup, when it wouldn't initially fit and required relief):

20190628_211300.jpg

Reactions: Just Chuck
Here's what I saw on my Bergara. I did check the safety operation outside of chassis and it was 100% correct. Thanks for the input - I'll make it safe now.

IMG_0019-1.jpg

Yep. Can happen on many triggers. Have had it happen with a diamond single stage in a kmw sentinel.

Yet another small thing people don’t realize they paid for in the past when everyone bought rifles from smiths.

@SN13 , I had the same issue with one of my KRG W3 chassis when combined with a curtis axiom. I asked trigger tech about it and sent them photos plus a video. My chassis also has a raw spot where the safety level would contact. They said this is due to the safety lever not having enough clearance with the chassis. Filing away some of the material away will fix the problem.

Did not have to do any clearance work with my impact in a w3 however.

I made this post as a Heads Up because I knew it would show up more and more with the new TT 2stage being in demand.

Glad it helped others.