• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TriggerTech Failures? Hang fires?

These problems from a bad "batch" from TT??
As the issues span 9 months... across many purchases, all at different times throughout the year, it would have to be quite a huge lot size for it to be a single run of parts at fault. I would think most manufacturing entities would run a smaller number of parts. Even large entities. However only Triggertech could answer that.

Had this issue about 2 weeks ago on a ARC Nucleus. At 1st thought it was my reloads (felt like hangfires). Then I dried fired to check and it was doing exact same thing as described. Seems like a false break then actual break. I dried fired several times and the issue has disappeared. I hadn't shot this rifle in awhile, and speculate it was just dirt/dust that might've gotten inside somehow. It is 1/5 TT Diamonds (single stage) I have. No issues with the others so far.

Last edited:
As the issues span 9 months... across many purchases, all at different times throughout the year, it would have to be quite a huge lot size for it to be a single run of parts at fault. I would think most manufacturing entities would run a smaller number of parts. Even large entities. However only Triggertech could answer that.
Has anyone asked/informed TT about these issues?? Curious to what they have to say!!

Reactions: 1moaoff and lash
Has anyone asked/informed TT about these issues?? Curious to what they have to say!!

Several people including myself have contacted TT about the issue. TT is well aware of what is going on. They told me that it has been a learning experience for them and they are implementing some changes to address what is going on. He didn’t go into any further details. They sent me a return shipping label for my trigger and sent out a new one. Excellent customer service and friendly on the phone.

I have a triggertech primary in one rifle with probably 4K rounds fired and never one issue. Always feels right always goes boom. I did order a triggetech special and sent it off on a new build and the smith could not get it to adjust pull weight. No matter what it was over 3lbs. Wound up putting a jewel on it and now prefer the jewel hands down. Trigger tech did replace and even upgrade that trigger at no cost and no hassle. They had the trigger in the mail the day I sent the faulty one off. I was thoroughly impressed with CS!

I saw this thread and called the owner on his personal cell phone he knows the thread is here and has read it. Not sure yet what the issue's are I'm a little curious myself. He's a solid guy and I am sure he will chime in soon...

Mike R.

I have 5 TT triggers. One AR-15 adaptable in a Daniel defense, an AR-15 diamond in a Daniel defense, a primary in a Remington 700, a Diamond in a Shilen DGR, and a Diamond in a Curtis Axiom and haven’t had a single issue with them. None have been shot thousands of times but all have been shot hundreds of times. Like jakeweb09, the only issue ive had was a special that I ordered that would not go below 2.5 lbs. Sent it back for repair and Customs held my shipment and rejected it, ended up coming back to me. TT sent me a replacement trigger, no hassle whatsoever

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakeweb09
I had this happen while checking the zero on my hunting rifle this year. Lone Peak action, TT trigger (I need to see which model).

Checking zero prior to starting an elk hunt. pulled trigger, heard "click", pause, rifle goes off. Scared the shit out of me and had me second guessing the rifle the entire hunt.

Reactions: Bradu
had me second guessing the rifle the entire hunt.
That's the real problem of having a trigger, or any other part of a rifle go down. No matter how advanced your skillset or how experienced you are, when a rifle throws a curve ball at you, it can take hundreds if not thousands of rounds to get that trust back. Not an issue when it's just a casual rifle. A competition or hunting rifle, and it's an entirely other matter.

Mine are in defiance actions and work just fine. It sounds to me like a lot of the problems are in Zermitt actions. Impact was mentioned too but those worked after being installed properly. If you fellas don’t want those old crappy tt diamond triggers give them to me.
Not an issue in my Zermatt TL3.

Reactions: ballison
Had the same problem on a two stage Special in an ARC Nuc. Started doing it right away. I'm not saying it was whats wrong with it but it went away after increasing the first stage pull weight. It has not come back. I had a TT Diamond single stage last year and did not have any issues

I just assembled my new rifle last saturday, Origin barreled receiver I received last week after waiting for 5 month. Installed a single stage tt diamond and set it to 1.5#, dryfired about 40 to 50 times and worked perfect. Shoot 60 rounds on sunday, no issues.

Then I read this tread here last evening at work, went home and dryfired 45 times and it starts happening to this one too. Slight pressure forward on the trigger and releasing will make it go off. Does "hang up" every time now . Fired about 150 times before it started.
This one was shipped about a month ago.

I own two other tt diamonds, they are installed in my rimx and in a b14r. No issues with being fired over 2000 times each (live and dry).

Its a small sample, but at a recent break-in session my TT 2-stage in a new RimX yielded 4 light strikes out of around 175 rds. Switching it out for a Bix-n-Andy with a lower sear to see if it replicates this weekend.

But I've never had any issues with the 4x TTs across other center fires across numerous actions (Vector, ARC x 2, Surgeon)

Last edited:
I've had a couple issues with my TT Specials.

I had a safety selector seize on one, which bricked the trigger. To their credit, TT had a trigger on my way before I even shipped the faulty one.

Just this past weekend, I had a single hang fire in my Defiance Elite, on the first round of the day. I pulled the trigger, I looked at the bolt (without breaking cheek weld) to see if the firing pin fell after nothing happened, and then it went off. FWIW, I also had to shop around for triggers, because the one I bought for the action didn't engage the firing pin enough. 😅

Thank you for creating this thread Orkan. You saved me from having a negative experience at the range this coming weekend.

They do indeed have a great customer service at TT, emailed them this am and have a return label in hand already.
I hope its a just a "bad batch" . I'm sure they let us know when they are done investigating the issue.

Not exactly same problem, but I had several TT diamonds break while fire forming 6 dasher. Switched to factory Rem 700 trigger and problem went away.
I still use and really like the TT Diamonds for everything except fire forming now

Just had a TT go tits up with my 308 trainer which only sees 118lr. I got hang fires at about 800rds on it maybe a K. That’s the 3rd TT that has failed me. TT has phenomenal customer service and I love that but I might move away from TT in the future.

I must have called em on a bad day. Brand new trigger on brand new vudoo, very little help from TT. I've never had a Timney issue and went back to them for that gun. No issues since. Seems like one helluva lot of guys having issues.

Had this happen with a TT diamond very recently. The trigger was purchased several months ago and only recently installed. I talked with Ed Kim at TT. He explained that they have learned that the sear height in some triggers might need to be a little lower. He sent me a return label, and they have a new trigger headed my way. Very friendly and prompt customer service.
That’s good to hear.

Well this sucks, had a Special that I shot a lot no problems. Have a Diamond with 250 rounds, shoots great. This thread makes me worry, building a new rifle next week, now feeling like I’m going to need a different trigger. There’s a lot of Diamonds in this thread that have gone down, hope mine is not next.

Reactions: toader
Having a custom 300 PRC (Surgeon 1086 action) currently being built.....a TT Diamond is supposed to be installed ......now I'm wondering what to do??

Wish TT would address this on here!!

Wish TT would address this on here!!

I think they will address it. We just need to give them a little time.

For us shooters... it's an easy problem. We just swap triggers and away we go. Things are decidedly more complicated from their position. As with many things, the totality of all the variables at play here can be missed at first glance.

I'm quite convinced that Triggertech is aware of that fact, and wants to ensure they get it right. I'd suggest a bit of calm patience.

In the mean time, if you weren't worried before this thread, then why are you worried after reading it? It's not very difficult to get a few hundred rounds of dry fire or live fire through your rig. All the evidence thus far seems to suggest that if it doesn't fail within 500 cycles, it probably won't fail. Though that is simply speculation based on experiences at hand. Confidence in your rifle comes with use of it. Whether this issue exists or not, it falls to each shooter to properly proof their equipment.

Reactions: Schütze and lash
I just had two diamonds do the same thing. The first was a curved on a Rim X I built, the hang fires happened at the 200rds Mark. The second was a flat that I installed in my own R700 build in 308, the hang fires showed up at 50rds on this one. I just sent them both back and installed Jewell's in both. We use the primary triggers in our factory rifles so it seems the problem is just with the Diamond, at least from my experience.

I have a Special on a Curtis Axiom no problems in 2000 rounds and a Diamond on my Vudoo 1700 rounds no issues Both are flat shoes.

I contacted them a couple of days ago. A few emails back and forth, very timely. After sending pics of the trigger and serial number, they sent me a return label and said a new one would be on the way as soon as they had them in stock.

So far, impressive customer service. We will see how long it takes to get a replacement.

Reactions: Jakeweb09
I contacted them a couple of days ago. A few emails back and forth, very timely. After sending pics of the trigger and serial number, they sent me a return label and said a new one would be on the way as soon as they had them in stock.

So far, impressive customer service. We will see how long it takes to get a replacement.

I’m in Washington state and had it inside a week

11TT specials in Remington 700 actions, thousands of rounds, no issues. 3 Tubb T7T triggers in Remington 700 actions, no issues. I had issues with Jewell and Bix&Andy in Remington 700 actions.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
I had this exact issue on a two-stage TT Diamond and Vudoo. It was new, didn’t have any rounds on it after install. Cleaned it with zippo fluid (per their suggestion) and it seemed good, shot at the range fine later that day, and I called it good. Next morning at a match, I was zeroing and had same issue. Fortunately I brought my TT single stage trigger with me and I was able to swap it before that match started. They replaced it and my replacement has been fine for a while - around 2k rounds.

I had this exact issue on a two-stage TT Diamond and Vudoo. It was new, didn’t have any rounds on it after install. Cleaned it with zippo fluid (per their suggestion) and it seemed good, shot at the range fine later that day, and I called it good. Next morning at a match, I was zeroing and had same issue. Fortunately I brought my TT single stage trigger with me and I was able to swap it before that match started. They replaced it and my replacement has been fine for a while - around 2k rounds.

I just installed both my Gold TT 2-stage Diamonds last night on the Zeus and the Vudoo. I have it adjusted as they mentioned, no less than 3 clicks on the set screw, so I backed out the set screw on the 2nd stage till it was out, and clicked it in 4 times. I have it running the 1st stage at about 8oz and the 2nd stage at 4-6more oz so it's breaking about .8lbs total. Dry fired both maybe 50 times, and it seems fine so far.

Will run a practice match on Wednesday with the Vudoo to see. I'll keep my 2-stage Huber in my bag as a backup if somehow it goes down in a match...

Reactions: reynja
Had this issue about 2 weeks ago on a ARC Nucleus. At 1st thought it was my reloads (felt like hangfires). Then I dried fired to check and it was doing exact same thing as described. Seems like a false break then actual break. I dried fired several times and the issue has disappeared. I hadn't shot this rifle in awhile, and speculate it was just dirt/dust that might've gotten inside somehow. It is 1/5 TT Diamonds (single stage) I have. No issues with the others so far.
Curious can you tell me more about this I too have a nucleus action this is what my misfires look like left was fired and right was not it does this with my 6.5cm and that 22cm

Attachments

• 2CA08736-7876-4143-8367-DA33BAE455CF.jpeg
    2CA08736-7876-4143-8367-DA33BAE455CF.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 122
Curious can you tell me more about this I too have a nucleus action this is what my misfires look like left was fired and right was not it does this with my 6.5cm and that 22cm

I didn't have the same issue you do with "misfires". It felt more like a "hangfire" at first, but wasn't that either.
My issue was specifically the trigger. Right away I unloaded and dry fired. And the trigger basically turned 2-stage. 1st a false break then the actual break. This is on a single stage Diamond. It felt like something fell outta place inside or possibly dirt/dust got caught up on something.
I kept dry firing and the issue went away. Finished the ~60 rnds i had that day.

Sorry couldn't help. There were some reports of light strikes when the Nucleus just came out. I would think those issues have been resolved. I've never had any issues with any of my ARC actions. 2x Nucleus and a LA Archimedes...all running Diamonds.

I do have a new 2-stage Diamond that has this recent issue. It's attached to a bare Origin action. Worked great dry-firing, then suddenly it stopped working. Trigger won't break, safety on/off the it works. Or if I slightly lift the bolt it'll break.
I've emailed TT, but no reply yet. Will give them a call next month if no reply.

Last edited:
It looks like you are plenty hot on the load. Also check to see how well your primers are seated. If they are not seated well, the first hit from the pin seats the primer and possibly ruins it. It does appear that your firing issue is not trigger related, unless your sear is dragging, causing not enough energy in the pin. My initial though would be to clean the primer pocket in the brass, then make sure the primer is seated well in the case.

Reactions: spife7980 and lash
I have several diamonds with plenty of rounds on them and no issues. I have 2 different friends that have had them fail less than 100 rounds in. One in an Impact 737R and the other in a Mack Brothers.

I just put a 2 stage Diamond in a vudoo and have what I think the OP describes. First stage is fine, second I pull all the way through and nothing happens. Second stage wall has a tiny crappyish break and I hit the full movement of the trigger. I either apply more pressure when the trigger has been pulled to the very back wall or end of movement and it will fire. Or I lightly push the bolt handle down and it will fire. I just contacted the shop I got it from and am getting a replacement. Haven’t had that issue with any other of the Diamond 2 stages 🤷‍♂️

This is an exploratory thread to try and understand the scope of an issue we've been having with TT triggers. Is it an isolated issue, or is it more widespread?

First off, I'll say I love me some Trigger Tech triggers. I love the ease of install/timing, and I love how they feel when they are working correctly. All of the TT triggers we get come from TS Customs, and many of them are pre-installed in the rifles or barreled actions.

Early this spring, on a live stream with our first RimX 22lr action... we had a TT diamond go down. It was working fine... and then started hang firing. Upon pressing the trigger, I'd feel/hear a tiny tick, but the sear would not fall and the cocking piece/firing pin would not move. Then by just touching the bolt handle, bolt shroud, or wiggling the trigger shoe... it would fire. I replaced the trigger with a different TT diamond... and the problem disappeared, and has not returned in over 10,000 rounds.

A few months later we sent a RimX with a TT Diamond single stage to a customer in Tennessee, and within 200 rounds, he too started having the exact same issue. He contacted triggertech, and they sent him a new trigger and it has been working fine since.

Another few months later, I was working with another TT Diamond single stage on a RimX 22lr... and it too began having the exact same hang-fire problems the previous failures exhibited. I replaced it with a different TT Diamond, and again... the problems disappeared.

A month or so ago, I began testing on the new 17WSM RimX and had a TT Diamond single stage on there. ...and again began having hang fires within 200 rounds. I replaced the trigger with a TT Diamond two-stage, and have fired over 1000 trouble-free rounds since. What's interesting here, is that many have thought that ignition issues such as those reported here are due to the Zermatt actions, namely the RimX, having only 170 thousandths of pin fall. (if memory serves) Well, the new 17WSM action has 250 thousandths of pin fall, and it also has a very heavy firing pin spring. This configuration is not prone to ignition problems, historically. I took a different diamond single stage that was having issues in a RimX 22lr, and installed it in the 17WSM... still same issue. Put the 2 stage that was functioning back in... and the problems vanished.

Today, I was notified by a customer that just received his brand new TS Customs RimX 22lr that his TT Diamond single stage is doing the exact same thing as described above. I fired 250 rounds through this rifle before sending it out, and it never had a single problem. Flawless. His first range trip, he fires 30 trouble free rounds, and then it starts hang firing just as described above. He's being sent a new trigger, but this is clearly becoming a serious problem.

Subsequently I've been on the phone with Zermatt and TS Customs, and have heard about many more instances of similar behavior from TT triggers in several other actions. Impact as well as Lone Peak. One guy went through 3 TT diamonds in a Lone Peak, and finally had to go to a different trigger manufacturer. Lone Peak sent a complete new bolt with complete fire control assembly, and that had no change on the issue. I've heard of the issue happening with RimX, Origin, TL3, Impact, and Lone Peak actions. I heard a report of one shooter going through 5 TT triggers, and only 2 of them did not exhibit the issue described above in his rifle. This would seem to rule out some specific design element in the actions as a cause. Especially considering a simple trigger replacement always seems to remedy the issue.

The recurring theme is that it doesn't happen right away. It takes 100-300 cycles, live or dry fire, before the issue starts showing up. Once it shows up, the behavior seems always the same. Hang fires, in which the rifle will not fire upon the initial press, but wiggling the trigger shoe or bolt will cause the sear to drop and the pin to fall.

I have not heard of a TT trigger having this problem prior to this year. However, in the last 9-10 months... this has been a recurring thing I've had to deal with personally and have heard about multiple times from multiple sources when I would inquire about the issues.

I'm basically at wits end here. I love the ease of installation/timing on the TT's. I love how they feel. I love the ease of pull weight adjustment. They are just really easy to get along with... when they work. Other triggers can be made to work in our rifles, but it requires a ton more effort to get them timed right, adjusted properly, and it's difficult to have confidence they will STAY adjusted even after we've done all that. The beauty of the TT's has always been the ability to just stick them in there and they work perfect right out of the box. However, this past year has been a nightmare. Based on conversations I've had over the last year, it doesn't seem to be an isolated problem or problems with just one type of action. ...though I would like to know if that's the case.

Have you had similar problems with a TT? If so, could you report what action the TT was attached to, and which model of TT trigger it was? Were you able to resolve the problem without replacing the trigger? If so, what did you do?
I’ve had 2 different tt’s hooked up to my TL3 and neither have had issues. A single stage special and a diamond 2 stage. That is unfortunate you have issues with your rimx. Maybe you have a faulty trigger or some kind of engagement issues within the action?

Its a small sample, but at a recent break-in session my TT 2-stage in a new RimX yielded 4 light strikes out of around 175 rds. Switching it out for a Bix-n-Andy with a lower sear to see if it replicates this weekend.

But I've never had any issues with the 4x TTs across other center fires across numerous actions (Vector, ARC x 2, Surgeon)

Any luck swapping out the trigger on the RimX?

Have had 4 TT triggers, a Primary, Diamond 1-stage, Diamond 2-stage, and Special 2-stage. All of these are over 200 pulls and I expect the Special 2-stage is over 1k by now as it's in the Vudoo and I eat me some .22lr ammo.

Through the process of doing reviews on the TT triggers, I have had them in a variety of different actions: Mesa Precision Arms Crux, Kelbly's Atlas Tac, and Vudoo V-22. I have not had a hang fire or any other failure to operate properly at this time aside from the 2-stages being decidedly not drop safe when they are set to very low pull weights and the safety is off. All of the examples I have are normal production parts except for the springs in the 2-stages which were pre-production.

I have also had no issues with Bix'n Andy Tacsports and Tacsport pro's used in the Mesa Precision Arms Crux, Kelbly's Atlas Tac, and two different factory 700 actions always with the triggers having the standard height topsear. Both Bix's are also over 200 pulls but I don't think either is at 1k.

Single stage Diamond with flat shoe in a Seekins HAVAK action shooting 6.5CM. Bit over 600 rounds live and not sure how many dry.

No problems experienced.

Fellas I think it goes without saying that the vast majority of Triggertech owners are not experiencing any issues. If this thread is to have any value to Triggertech, it should probably be left to those that ARE having a problem.
Why? That will give a distorted picture of problems versus good, no?

data is data and positive and negative data are both important for developing an accurate view of what’s happening.

Am I wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: toader
If we were putting the brand on trial... sure. ... but we aren’t. We’re trying to see who is having issues, and with what. Perhaps our goals aren’t aligned?

Countless instances of them are in the field which are working fine. This doesn’t help those that aren’t.

UPDATE:
I spoke with the CEO Bryden Richardson today for 20 mins and they have figured out the issue's at hand and they have resolved them respectfully.
I will be posting here tomorrow on their behalf as per their Mr. Richardson's request. I must say that he is a total Class Act and a Complete Gentleman no doubt.

Mike R.

UPDATE:
I spoke with the CEO Bryden Richardson today for 20 mins and they have figured out the issue's at hand and they have resolved them respectfully.
I will be posting here tomorrow on their behalf as per their Mr. Richardson's request. I must say that he is a total Class Act and a Complete Gentleman no doubt.

Mike R.

Thanks Mike, looking forward to seeing what they say and which models got resolved. I just picked up two from their Black Friday sale and currently am carrying a backup trigger and punch set in my pack just in case it goes down, but would be nice to have more confidence in the trigger.

Reactions: MikeRTacOps