• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TriggerTech Failures? Hang fires?

Seems the TT Special is NOT having many problems at all......wonder why??
It's no doubt significantly easier to ensure proper functionality with much higher spring rates in the Specials than it is in something where the lowest pull force option is 4 ounces.

The stiffer springs give a lot of forgiveness in manufacturing.

Any update on this?? I was looking at picking up a Special or Diamond for my B-14 HMR but now I'm wondering if I should look at another brand or just stick with the OEM trigger for the time being.

Seems the TT Special is NOT having many problems at all......wonder why??
That's what I thought until my TT Special started to hang fire yesterday at around 100 rounds in an Impact sa. You feel the second stage break and can then see the back of the firing pin hesitate before falling. At other times the second stage breaks, nothing happens and then it fires if you put something like ten pounds of pressure on the trigger.

I plan to lubricate the firing pin and dry lube the trigger and if not successful, it's back to Trigger Tech.

This is the first of five of the same triggers that has failed.

Not a happy camper.

• Sad
Reactions: ColdBarrelZero
Well, the fact that nobody from TT ever came into this thread to respond to the issues being reported spoke volumes to me. I ended up buying a Bix'n Andy.

Well, the fact that nobody from TT ever came into this thread to respond to the issues being reported spoke volumes to me. I ended up buying a Bix'n Andy.

Many companies don’t have reps on here for various reasons.

Every instance I’ve ever heard, TT has followed through with good customer service. Having a presence on the Hide is in no way a fair requirement for a company to have good customer service.

They are always welcome, but that’s up to an individual company.

I thought they were built very similar??

Just because they are built similar doesn’t mean there aren’t actual lots of parts. Steel comes in lots, aluminum comes in lots, springs, screws, etc etc.

I don’t know their specific process, but many companies build specific product lines from specific lots and batches of parts. This way if something turns out to be bad, it’s only one specific product line and not every sku they have.

Many companies don’t have reps on here for various reasons.

Every instance I’ve ever heard, TT has followed through with good customer service. Having a presence on the Hide is in no way a fair requirement for a company to have good customer service.

They are always welcome, but that’s up to an individual company.

Good to know, but we're going to have to agree to disagree on that. There's still quite a bit of confusion among TT customers on this issue (even in this thread) and I had to dig in this thread and scroll all the way back to one post on their Facebook page in January (it took me a few minutes) to read the announcement. In this day and age, it's no longer acceptable not to have an active presence in social media and forums like this for customer outreach. And some may disagree, but the companies response was a bit too passive for my tastes. Let triggers fail in the field during competition or hunts and then we'll take care of you. But, just so you know, we can't reproduce the problem in 90% of the affected triggers we get so it must be your imagination. The whole way they handled it just left me cold. Of course, it's 1000% better than ignoring the problem or outright denying it. So I will give them credit for that.

My Specials are rolling awesome. Love the company. They seem like great folks (for Canadians 😊) with great support. I hope these issues get addressed and put to the rear view.....

I have my replacement LH diamond on the Vudoo, @400 rounds and dryfires combined, feels just like the old one, and I'm done worrying.

Reactions: Holliday
Good to know, but we're going to have to agree to disagree on that. There's still quite a bit of confusion among TT customers on this issue (even in this thread) and I had to dig in this thread and scroll all the way back to one post on their Facebook page in January (it took me a few minutes) to read the announcement. In this day and age, it's no longer acceptable not to have an active presence in social media and forums like this for customer outreach. And some may disagree, but the companies response was a bit too passive for my tastes. Let triggers fail in the field during competition or hunts and then we'll take care of you. But, just so you know, we can't reproduce the problem in 90% of the affected triggers we get so it must be your imagination. The whole way they handled it just left me cold. Of course, it's 1000% better than ignoring the problem or outright denying it. So I will give them credit for that.

Disagree all you want. Don’t go posting on here that it’s unacceptable for them not to be on the hide.

Also, call or email company. Then no “digging” is required.

If you're disappointed in the lack of a social media presence, that's fine, and may be a valid criticism if that sort of thing is important to you.

But at least make an effort to be truthful in your criticism.

They are not waiting for people's triggers to malfunction before replacing them.

They are also not hiding the problem or failing to make an announcement. There's an announcement right on their website (with a link to it near the top of their home page):

In it, they state than any customer with a Diamond trigger manufactured during the affected period can have it replaced free of charge. Whether or not the customer has ever had an issue with the trigger or if the trigger is actually defective.

Last edited:
Sent 2 BRAND NEW triggers that were within the Serial #'s of the recall.....TT replaced them both without question.

In fact, my gunsmith had a total of 6 or 7 brand new triggers go back to be replaced.....TT came through!! 👍

Had my 2 stage diamond flat shoe go down today after only 75 rounds. Kelbly atlas tactical action. Trigger pull became grainy, almost mushy and there is a millisecond to full second delay between the pull and the firing pin falling. Will be calling tomorrow...

Last edited:
Had my 2 stage diamond flat shoe go down today after only 75 rounds. Kelbly atlas tactical action. Trigger pull became grainy, almost mushy and there is a millisecond to full second delay between the pull and the furring pin falling. Will be calling tomorrow...
I have a TT Diamond flat trigger on a Falkor action with about 80 round fired and the thing happened to me today.

Update: After visiting the TT website I believe mine is in the recalled range so I filled out the extended warranty form.

Last edited:
It would really be helpful if people posting in this thread about failures would clarify if their triggers are within the serial range of the recall. It’s not news if there are problems with the recalled batch.

Mines a 2 stage. As far as I know, the 2 stages have not been recalled.

If you're disappointed in the lack of a social media presence, that's fine, and may be a valid criticism if that sort of thing is important to you.

But at least make an effort to be truthful in your criticism.

They are not waiting for people's triggers to malfunction before replacing them.

They are also not hiding the problem or failing to make an announcement. There's an announcement right on their website (with a link to it near the top of their home page):

In it, they state than any customer with a Diamond trigger manufactured during the affected period can have it replaced free of charge. Whether or not the customer has ever had an issue with the trigger or if the trigger is actually defective.

Just because you don't care to what degree TT has been proactive in a clear product recall situation doesn't mean that it's not valid (truthful) criticism. For instance, have they sent emails to known Diamond trigger owners? That wasn't mentioned in the announcement on the website. And yes, I'd expect more than a single post on their social media account on the subject.

But hey, not going to keep banging the drum on that. I don't have an axe to grind with TT, just high expectations. I only responded because you accused me of being a lair. Which is always easy to do sitting behind a keyboard.

Last edited:
Just because you don't care to what degree TT has been proactive in a clear product recall situation doesn't mean that it's not valid (truthful) criticism. For instance, have they sent emails to known Diamond trigger owners? That wasn't mentioned in the announcement on the website. And yes, I'd expect more than a single post on their social media account on the subject.

But hey, not going to keep banging the drum on that. I don't have an axe to grind with TT, just high expectations. I only responded because you accused me of being a lair. Which is always easy to do sitting behind a keyboard.

How do you expect them to find everyone who owns a trigger and send them an email? Should they contact every retailer in the US who sold a Diamond trigger to someone in 2020, and ask that retailer for the personal email address of every customer who purchased a trigger?

That's such a ridiculous statement that I almost didn't even bother pointing it out, but it does a great job of showing how completely unrealistic your expectations are.

As for accusing you of being a lair, you stated that Trigger Tech isn't replacing triggers until after they fail. I provided a statement from the manufacturer that directly contradicts your accusation. Take that how you will.

How do you expect them to find everyone who owns a trigger and send them an email? Should they contact every retailer in the US who sold a Diamond trigger to someone in 2020, and ask that retailer for the personal email address of every customer who purchased a trigger?

That's such a ridiculous statement that I almost didn't even bother pointing it out, but it does a great job of showing how completely unrealistic your expectations are.

As for accusing you of being a lair, you stated that Trigger Tech isn't replacing triggers until after they fail. I provided a statement from the manufacturer that directly contradicts your accusation. Take that how you will.

Well, TT sells triggers on their own website. Partner with large distributors/retailers and have them notify their customers would also be good start. It's not rocket science.

Last edited:
I have a TT Diamond flat but its about a year old so before recall period I believe.

700 rounds on it and its rock solid and consistent. Like it a LOT.

Cheers

Just lost the functionality of a diamond two stage after 47 rounds (Defiance Deviant Tactical CRF action), symptoms are as discussed above. Spoke to Ed Kim and have a replacement on the way.

I have one that I had put on on a build I just got at the end of January. New production, build date code puts it first week of January 2021. 350 ish rounds on it and it went down this weekend during 6th stage of a match. Impact action. Started to hang fire during a stage and afterward dry firing it would drop the firing pin after a delay that seemed to get worse each time. Luckily it did not become a safety issue and a buddy had a backup in his pack and I got to finish match. I'm looking at other alternatives as a primary because this was built after the supposed fix.
There were 2 or 3 that went down this weekend...

Installed another TT Diamond 3 weeks ago in new build.
Ran fine for 250 rounds at 12oz then started slam firing on bolt close (luckily noticed this dry firing).

Tested in different actions and with pull weight increased to 16oz
Failing to fire, firing on bolt lift after FTF, hang firing and slam firing..... yikes

Have been running exact same model Diamond in my 6BRX Zeus build that was purchased start 2020 - it runs beautifully.
The TriggerTech Diamond, when functioning, is a stunning trigger.
Second one is going back

Installed another TT Diamond 3 weeks ago in new build.
Ran fine for 250 rounds at 12oz then started slam firing on bolt close (luckily noticed this dry firing).

Tested in different actions and with pull weight increased to 16oz
Failing to fire, firing on bolt lift after FTF, hang firing and slam firing..... yikes

Have been running exact same model Diamond in my 6BRX Zeus build that was purchased start 2020 - it runs beautifully.
The TriggerTech Diamond, when functioning, is a stunning trigger.
Second one is going back

Is it within the serial number range of the recall?

As a follow up to my post, triggertech customer service was excellent and responsive. I’ve got a fresh trigger in my hands in less than 2 weeks at no cost to me.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
My second two stage special on an Impact SA just started hang firing after around 100 rounds.

Customer service was great. Replacement for the first is on the way.
We’re about to repeat the exercise.

So far that’s two out of the very early batch of six that have failed.

No.
Box is marked "Unaffected" by Australian importer.
It was outside Serial Numbers listed by TT

Thanks for the quick reply. That's frustrating, especially so since you're in Aus.

They took great care of me. Had a TT dIamond with slam fire after screw backed out and got too light. Tightened back up and no more events. Got some creep and called TT. New trigger on the way. I had a pressure event in an impact and I was not in the warranty range. Wonderful service.

Another one here.
I want to thank Trigger Tech for taking care of my trigger. They were stellar in their response. Great customer service. Completely painless process.

Thread revive...

Never had an issue with my 3 Diamonds, one of them happened to fall under the issue dates so I sent it in for a replacement.

Now the replacement is exhibiting the fore mentioned issue...no reset, lift the bolt and bang. Removed and replaced with older year spare Diamond, no problem. Is anyone experiencing the same issue with their replacement Diamonds or am I just lucky.

• Haha
Reactions: b6graham
Thread revive...

Never had an issue with my 3 Diamonds, one of them happened to fall under the issue dates so I sent it in for a replacement.

Now the replacement is exhibiting the fore mentioned issue...no reset, lift the bolt and bang. Removed and replaced with older year spare Diamond, no problem. Is anyone experiencing the same issue with their replacement Diamonds or am I just lucky.
Haven't had a replacement have any problems so far. Have installed about 20 of them I would guess. I've even been running a prototype, and have about 4,000 rounds through it with no issues.

Reactions: Shifty6BR
I have a flat shoe Diamond and it hasn't given me even a whiff of a problem....just about the only thing that I own that does work every time....well, so far! :)

I have a flat shoe Diamond and it hasn't given me even a whiff of a problem....just about the only thing that I own that does work every time....well, so far! :)

Ya, my backup is the flat shoe..it was the first TT I bought quite some years ago and it has been moved around on different actions without a hitch, tried and true.

Not too long ago I put my dick beaters in a pro curve and really liked it...now I'm having problems with this particular replacement pro curve.

Guess I'm just lucky...well back to TT it goes.

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23
I have a triggertech that I dug out to put into an ar I picked up recently. It’s a competitive 3.5 model. If I squeeze the trigger with the safety on, the hammer will drop when I move the selector to fire. Does the same thing in multiple lowers with different safety selectors. Would that be affected by their recal? I bought the trigger from the lgs a year or 2 ago.

• Wow
Reactions: lash and Milf Dots
I have a triggertech that I dug out to put into an ar I picked up recently. It’s a competitive 3.5 model. If I squeeze the trigger with the safety on, the hammer will drop when I move the selector to fire. Does the same thing in multiple lowers with different safety selectors. Would that be affected by their recal? I bought the trigger from the lgs a year or 2 ago.

That's not good.

Doubt it but it should definitely be under warranty. Have you tried a different safety?

Reactions: lash and Jackjam

They will replace it ASAP. I called them to order a couple and in the conservation I mentioned that I had purchased my first ever two-stage and I just couldn't get used to and did not really care for. They shipped me out a single stage replacement immediately and included a return shipping label to return the one I didn't care for.
And just to be clear, it was not defective, I just couldn't get used to the two-stage aspect of it.

Reactions: Baron23
They will replace it ASAP. I called them to order a couple and in the conservation I mentioned that I had purchased my first ever two-stage and I just couldn't get used to and did not really care for. They shipped me out a single stage replacement immediately and included a return shipping label to return the one I didn't care for.
And just to be clear, it was not defective, I just couldn't get used to the two-stage aspect of it.
I’m very happy w my Diamond single stage and bought one that’s going into a new BA being built.