• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TriggerTech Failures? Hang fires?

Own 5 TT Diamond Flat shoe, never a issue. Prob 4k rounds on one w .5lb pull weight.

I own 8 Diamonds purchased since July. One exhibited these symptoms at sight-in before a match yesterday. First three shots were all hangfires. I came back home and pulled all 8 triggers to get the information required on their site for the "enhanced warranty". I seriously don't want to send them all 8 triggers and wait for the replacements to come and I hope they will send me new ones first. I also hope they actually have them in stock. Their website says they are delayed on shipping orders. At this point, I have zero confidence in these triggers seeing as how I missed the match.

Interestingly, the page that Orkan linked above says this problem manifests itself in the first 250. Mine first presented well after 600 rounds.

Last edited:
I own 8 Diamonds purchased since July. One exhibited these symptoms at sight-in before a match yesterday. First three shots were all hangfires. I came back home and pulled all 8 triggers to get the information required on their site for the "enhanced warranty". I seriously don't want to send them all 8 triggers and wait for the replacements to come and I hope they will send me new ones first. I also hope they actually have them in stock. Their website says they are delayed on shipping orders. At this point, I have zero confidence in these triggers seeing as how I missed the match.

Interestingly, the page that Orkan linked above says this problem manifests itself in the first 250. Mine first presented well after 600 rounds.

Yeh if I'm going to travel for a big match, I'm going to keep my Huber trigger in my pack as a backup.

I received the "Enhanced Warranty Program" @orkan linked above - it's in the "Promotions" (aka spam) folder. My TT Diamond falls in the affected time frame. It works fine on my Vudoo with a few thousand rounds on it... not sure what I'll do.

Reactions: tydex21
I had a TT Primary in a Remington 700 / 6.5 creedmoor. I did not have a hang fire problem, but after 150 rounds, the safety selector became stuck in the safe position. I contacted TT and they replaced it.

had the exact same thing happen, happened after about 20rds.

I’m in the same boat man. Mine is running great, but it makes me paranoid.

Reactions: toader
I received my new Diamond Single Stage 2 weeks ago. Got it installed on my Bergara B14R Friday. It has 308 live rounds on it at 150 dry fires. It went kaput today after 75 rounds. Trigger was set to 18oz for all rounds fired. I have contacted by phone but not the website. I will be doing this shortly. I hope it is covered as they say and a quick response for replacements. I know they will take care of the problem. I was able to take a video of the problem in action. I could also get my trigger to feel like the safety was on when it was off. Wiggle the bolt and hammer fall. Glad I had the problem before the next NRL22 match in 2 weeks.

I received my new Diamond Single Stage 2 weeks ago. Got it installed on my Bergara B14R Friday. It has 308 live rounds on it at 150 dry fires. It went kaput today after 75 rounds. Trigger was set to 18oz for all rounds fired. I have contacted by phone but not the website. I will be doing this shortly. I hope it is covered as they say and a quick response for replacements. I know they will take care of the problem. I was able to take a video of the problem in action. I could also get my trigger to feel like the safety was on when it was off. Wiggle the bolt and hammer fall. Glad I had the problem before the next NRL22 match in 2 weeks.

This happened with my 2stage diamond. Lift bolt slightly and FP dropped. Safety on/off and trigger would work fine.

Tried it again a week later and it was fine...weird

I just had the safety get stuck on my diamond. I could not get it to move. Contacted Triggertech and they sent me shipping label. The shipped a new one to me the next day.

This happened with my 2stage diamond. Lift bolt slightly and FP dropped. Safety on/off and trigger would work fine.

Tried it again a week later and it was fine...weird
Now that is interesting. Mine would have the safety off and squeeze the trigger and it was like pulling against a wall. Lift the bolt and click. Next squeeze a slight click and no drop lift bolt and click. Did this 10-25 times in 90 sec and only 2 times did it fire like it should.

DDR/Defender, were your triggers manufactured during the timeframe of the known issue? You can determine when yours were made by looking about halfway down the page at this link which was shared earlier in this thread. It explains how to read their date code.

It looks like the recall is o lay for the diamond single stage. Weren’t some problems reported here on the two stage as well? I’ve got one that is still in the box, just delivered last week. I guess I should just install it and shoot it and see what happens?

I went with TT over BnA because the TT has (had?) a stellar reputation for reliability. Sounds like they’re making it right.

It looks like the recall is o lay for the diamond single stage. Weren’t some problems reported here on the two stage as well? I’ve got one that is still in the box, just delivered last week. I guess I should just install it and shoot it and see what happens?

I went with TT over BnA because the TT has (had?) a stellar reputation for reliability. Sounds like they’re making it right.

2 stages are having issues as well from my understanding.

Every brand has hiccups. TT isn't immune. They are a great brand, and will make it right.

Shame you passed on the BnA trigger. Single best upgrade I've made to my rifles is going from TT to BnA. Of course, that's subjective. They are both top tier triggers. I just happen to think BnA has a better feature set.

Reactions: jmw and HomeSlice
It was a tough decision, and now I’m thinking about kicking myself. Maybe I’ll order it as a spare.

Taken from trigger tech website. This should help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210111-120710_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210111-120710_Facebook.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 229
  • Screenshot_20210110-215525_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210110-215525_Chrome.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 227
DDR/Defender, were your triggers manufactured during the timeframe of the known issue? You can determine when yours were made by looking about halfway down the page at this link which was shared earlier in this thread. It explains how to read their date code.
R70-SRB-02-TNC
Serial Number:FK1C-0319

This is my trigger info after I filled out my ticket for warranty.

Mine is FH2G-xxxx...looks like from this year Aug 2nd?

Played around with it again last night, and even switching safety on/off and pulling the trigger couldn't drop the FP. Lifting the bolt slightly will drop the FP (intermittently).

I'm gonna ask for a replacement for this trigger. I have a backup 2Stage that i installed and it seems to work fine. This is just dry firing on a stripped action.

I saw that video, couldn't tell if he was using a TT or not, though I kind of assumed it might be... It's also a great video for people who I've been talking to about not sky loading. They kept telling me that they felt it was fine and there was nothing unsafe about it, as long as their finger wasn't near the trigger.

• Wow
Reactions: BCX
I saw that video, couldn't tell if he was using a TT or not, though I kind of assumed it might be... It's also a great video for people who I've been talking to about not sky loading. They kept telling me that they felt it was fine and there was nothing unsafe about it, as long as their finger wasn't near the trigger.

These incidents should highlight the importance of range safety, I think we as a broad group (especially the competition side) take for granted the safety of our rifle systems at times.

Numerous times I've seen at matches people get a bit too relaxed with even the most basic safety protocols. Flagging people, sky loading, forgetting loaded magazines in rifles, ND's, leaving bolts closed while rifles are in staging area, rifles pointed at others with bolts closed in a staging area, etc. The "jersey shooters" seem to be the worst offenders in my experience, perhaps it's complacency from being at comps all the time with no serious incidents occurring.

Personally, I think it would behoove MD's and league owners/board members to take rifle safety more seriously, before a serious incident occurs. A few already do, like Rifles Only. But a lot seem pretty relaxed. Again, perhaps it's complacency or even worse, a "it can't happen to me" mentality.

TT's are really popular, and I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing more ND's at matches. And when that happens, I hope shooters take rifle safety more seriously then they have in the past...

Pulled my barreled-action today, sure enough I have a LH TTD in the affected SN range.
Just emailed the info-form on TT's website, waiting for the return label. Mine has @ 180 rounds of 6.5 man bun on it, and probably @ 50 dry fires, no problems yet, but not gonna wait for failure on the line like that video...
Will use another older one pulled from another rifle, hope mine ships the next day too!
Good of TT to offer the quick assistance.

Had a Primary go down in a LASD SEB POST SNIPER SCHOOL this week the rifle has a round count of 821. I have a call into the CEO of TT still waiting for his call back... Any LEO Teams that are running these contact TT ASAP...

Mike R.

• Wow
Reactions: kthomas and orkan
Just saw a diamond sear brake in half this last weekend at a match. It was on an impact action. Caused him a stage dq. Luckily someone had a bix n Andy that he was able to borrow for the rest of the match.

Just pulled mine, and found it is in the recall. I really hoped it wasn’t, works flawlessly now. Oh well I’ll start warranty process, better now then July I guess.

Last edited:
Mine is in the recall. RimX action. Had a few hang fires 2 weeks ago, I though were due to shooting in -25C weather with Lapua center-X. I thought I was the cold or the firing pin needed to be cleaned/lubed. Seriously considering going to BnA.

Mine broke during a PRS class. The trigger would not even move and there was something rattling around inside. I ran across the recall and mine needed to be returned anyway

Buddy's shit the bed past weekend. TTD single stage. Press trigger, followed by 6 second hangfire, then would drop. TL3. During the 6 seconds, any slight touch to bolt would fire. Sketchy. In the recall range, going back. My own new replacement is already shipping to me, all in all, happy the problem was recognized and rectified.

Reactions: Stoweit
Buddy's shit the bed past weekend. TTD single stage. Press trigger, followed by 6 second hangfire, then would drop. TL3. During the 6 seconds, any slight touch to bolt would fire. Sketchy. In the recall range, going back. My own new replacement is already shipping to me, all in all, happy the problem was recognized and rectified.
mine's in there too...

Reactions: StrayDog
Watched several go down during the brawl. Sucks. But I’m sure TT will take care of them.

Reactions: Mk32784
I have one that I had put on on a build I just got at the end of January. New production, build date code puts it first week of January 2021. 350 ish rounds on it and it went down this weekend during 6th stage of a match. Impact action. Started to hang fire during a stage and afterward dry firing it would drop the firing pin after a delay that seemed to get worse each time. Luckily it did not become a safety issue and a buddy had a backup in his pack and I got to finish match. I'm looking at other alternatives as a primary because this was built after the supposed fix.

• Sad
Reactions: StrayDog
I have one that I had put on on a build I just got at the end of January. New production, build date code puts it first week of January 2021. 350 ish rounds on it and it went down this weekend during 6th stage of a match. Impact action. Started to hang fire during a stage and afterward dry firing it would drop the firing pin after a delay that seemed to get worse each time. Luckily it did not become a safety issue and a buddy had a backup in his pack and I got to finish match. I'm looking at other alternatives as a primary because this was built after the supposed fix.
Diamond ? Single stage ?