• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

triggertech in an ai?

_shawn_

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2011
Ft worth, tx
so i'm trying to get triggertech to build triggers for our accuracy international rifles but in order to get them to do so they need to see that there's a demand for them. post up if you'd be interested in a trigger and i'll send the guy i'm speaking with a link to the thread so he can see for himself.

i've recently been informed that huber is already working on this, nothing against huber but i really like the triggertech's that i've messed with and have yet to see a huber in the wild for any action

id buy a TT for my AI, especially if its like the diamond

If this happens i will probally end up with an ai. new requirement for all my new rifles is they must accept a trigger tech.

I think all the folks who complain they want an single stage would be in. I myself am not one of those folks, but it would be great to see that option.

I like the factory trigger but I'd buy one or two to try regardless. I know plenty of other people who would buy them because they want a single stage in their AI.

If trigger tech does this and it's something like the Diamond I'm sure they'll sell the crap out of them.

In for 3 if they are single stage

Half of AI users like the trigger, but half (my personal estimation) hate it. I’ve been bugging my MHSA rep about it for years now. I get the whole premise behind their trigger, but I’m not using it to be a sniper on the barrel field. In today’s day and age with modularity being a key component to success in the firearms industry, I’m shocked there aren’t 3 or 4 AI triggers to choose from. I’d even pay the 500 for an aftermarket, I mean that’s what an OEM trigger costs. The proof of viability for me would be googling “AI Trigger adjustments” and you will see how many people have tried to turn it into a single stage, some butchering theirs in an attempt. Hell, even Frank did a video on it discouraging F’ing with it beyond what the manual says. Just my $.02 or potentially my $1500 if they become available and cost 1500.

Side note, I’d drop something in the AI picture thread about this thread, should garner some more attention.

Last edited:
I may prefer a slightly lighter trigger pull but no complaints as is. I've heard rumors of a new option coming out sometime soon. Will see.

I'd certainly consider it... having an option would be great. However, I am loathe to say that I'd absolutely buy one until I knew for sure what the replacement option was.

I have heard from a couple of sources (so take this with a huge grain of salt) that the AI Team is shooting a special trigger. I do not know what that means but the conversation I was having was in regards to pull weight.

I hate to admit it as it probably points to less than perfect fundamentals, but I switched away from my AI this year as my CG Extreme trigger a just over a pound makes getting shots off easier than the 3.5 pound AI trigger (even though it is also great).

I have heard from a couple of sources (so take this with a huge grain of salt) that the AI Team is shooting a special trigger. I do not know what that means but the conversation I was having was in regards to pull weight.

I hate to admit it as it probably points to less than perfect fundamentals, but I switched away from my AI this year as my CG Extreme trigger a just over a pound makes getting shots off easier than the 3.5 pound AI trigger (even though it is also great).

An AI team member made mention at the 2017 PRS finale that an eye should be kept on shot show as far as a trigger option went. Shot came and went with nothing new from AI.

Only thing I can 100% attest to is that team AI ran a new scope base at Core that’s unreleased that has a bubble level in the rear. I can’t speak in a trigger though unfortunately.

SphericalElasticHammerkop-max-1mb.gif

Options...I can't wait.

Reactions: acudaowner
Keep this at the top. I want a TT diamond in my AXMC.

Thought I'd bump this up rather than starting a new thread. I really want a single-stage diamond in both my AI's.
With all the great aftermarket parts coming out lately (Sam's chassis and other parts, the AR grip mod, Trophyhunter's .223/mag bolt heads etc) this seems to be the last piece of the puzzle if you want a great comp gun with that amazing AI action. Yes, there's the AI comp trigger, but still not a great solution if you want a single stage with a low weight that's still super reliable. So how about it triggertech.....how many people would we need to get on board to make it worth your while?
Can we start a petition?

Reactions: Timo Turl
I may have not sold my AI if a TT was an option for the trigger.

Old thread. But I’d definitely buy a single stage for my AI. Was never able to get the comp trigger to reliably run as a single stage in the 1lb area.

I’d probably buy one for when I get a AI, would be nice to see some more aftermarket for the AI system

I have two of the AI Comp trigger units sold by MHSA. I like them so far and the two-stage is not an objection.
My only concern is long haul reliability and I don't have enough rounds on either to get a feel for that.
I do own Triggertech triggers for some other rifles and will eventually make the swap to all TT Diamonds.

I have two of the AI Comp trigger units sold by MHSA. I like them so far and the two-stage is not an objection.
My only concern is long haul reliability and I don't have enough rounds on either to get a feel for that.
I do own Triggertech triggers for some other rifles and will eventually make the swap to all TT Diamonds.

My 3 failed at about 500 rnds each. Single stage at about one lb.

Have heard they do pretty well in 2 stage setting.

Reactions: shoot4fun
My 3 failed at about 500 rnds each. Single stage at about one lb.

Have heard they do pretty well in 2 stage setting.

I hated the stock trigger on my AXMC, bought the comp trigger and adjusted out the first stage and didn't touch anything on the second stage. It breaks like glass at one lb. I have a couple thousand rounds in multi calibers, mostly 300 WM but a lot of 338 LM and some 308 Win and 6mm CM, I don't shoot PRS but I do shoot a lot of long range matches(LR for the East Coast anyway) no problems yet...

Last edited:
I hated the stock trigger on my AXMC, bought the comp trigger and adjusted out the first stage and didn't touch anything on the second stage. It breaks like glass at one lb. I have a couple thousand rounds in multi calibers, mostly 300 WM but a lot of 338 LM and some 308 Win and 6mm CM, I don't shoot PRS but I do shoot a lot of long range matches(LR for the East Coast anyway) no problems yet...

Happy for you. Mine wouldn’t even function properly after the manufacturer adjusted them.

I would get one also would like to have one for a Howa mini action as well