• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon 2-10x36!!!! Spr worthy!!!

Why can’t anyone get a 2x10 right? I also confused why FFP on this optic, along with the Vortex Viper Gen 2. I like the capped windage turret but imo the elevation should be locking. Also if your going to put illumination on this make it a dot, not an illuminated reticle. They are close... But no cigar. There is not a 2x10 on the market I will buy. I really want one!
when you get get a 1-8 or 1-10 it makes 2-10 completely obsolete. Thats why.

I’m on the lookout for a 3-12 LRTSi for a “Cameraland’esque deal” price, currently. Will go on my 18” Proof carbon fiber build. Back-up plan is to try the Credo 2.5-10. I just bought a 3-12 FDE and 4.5-18 FDE LRTS, and am nothing short of impressed for the money.
Buy more they are stopping making them and they best value out there in optics. Have one on a 300wm and a 6.5g. If i can snag another for $600 or less its mine.

Reactions: FishinGuns

Considering any 1-8 or 1-10 that are actually worth owning cost twice the price of a 2-10, you are not making a fair comparison.
If you don't need 1x on the low end then all your doing is sacrificing performance and spending more money that you need too.
A 2-10ish scope with a larger objective lens makes for a better low light optic and will typical will perform better at max magnification than a LVPO.

LPVOs and MPVOs can both exist in the same market as the both have different functions.
The huge amount of hunting orientated 2-10ish scopes is testament to their usefulness on a hunting rifle, it just seems that the tactical 2-10 hasn't managed to find it's place in the world just yet.

Considering any 1-8 or 1-10 that are actually worth owning cost twice the price of a 2-10, you are not making a fair comparison.
If you don't need 1x on the low end then all your doing is sacrificing performance and spending more money that you need too.
A 2-10ish scope with a larger objective lens makes for a better low light optic and will typical will perform better at max magnification than a LVPO.

LPVOs and MPVOs can both exist in the same market as the both have different functions.
The huge amount of hunting orientated 2-10ish scopes is testament to their usefulness on a hunting rifle, it just seems that the tactical 2-10 hasn't managed to find it's place in the world just yet.
The only 2-10 on the market even worth running would be a NF & its SFP & its $1500-2K.

You can get a NX8 or G3 Vortex for under $2k.

What's the point of having 2X? 1X is infinitely better and quicker. If you aren't brush hunting then why not a 3 or 4 o 5x on the low end?

We are talking about SPR optics, not some fudd hunting scope on a thurdy thurdy.

Again for those that can't keep up, There is ZERO market for a 2-10 tactical scope. There is no mission or shooting style where something else would not be superior.

IOR tried that shit 20 years ago and how are they doing? I owned one of the first 2-12 IOR that came into the US, and it was a piece of shit. Great glass, good reticle but couldn't track for shit, the turrets and parallax both broke.

A 1-8 or 1-10 makes a 2-10 or 2-12 in the tactical world obsolete.

Stop proposing solutions in search of a problem.

The only 2-10 on the market even worth running would be a NF & its SFP & its $1500-2K.

The 2.5-10 NXS is still a popular option for folk wanting "tactical" features in a hunting/SPR optic, it's continued popularity is testament that there is a market for this style of scope.

What's the point of having 2X? 1X is infinitely better and quicker. If you aren't brush hunting then why not a 3 or 4 o 5x on the low end?

Because for a 1x optic to work you end up with a small objective, which is not what you want in low light unless you are shooting targets 10yards away 2x is not giving up all that much. Also LVPOs give up optical performance at max power whereas a MVPO you don't.

There is no mission or shooting style where something else would not be superior.

Maybe you missed it but the cross over hunting market is huge, Vortex made the LHT line purely for this purpose.
Not to mention a huge amount of shooters are out not competing or out on a "mission" and are just shooting for fun.

I fail to see how a 2-12x40ish scope with a reticle like the EBR-9 is a a dog shit idea when you yourself said the the LRSTi 3-12x44 is a good choice for a SPR.

It is. the 4.5-18 is even better. the circle of death on low power on the h model is fantastic for close and dirty.

The new vortex 1-10 would make a great reccee spr scope as well.

i have a ts30a2 on my mk12m0 but thats just to keep it clone correct. The nf 2.5-10x24 was a better unit but both kinda suck being sfp. Combat optics should always be ffp and it makes a huge difference engaging targets under stress.
IMG_20200329_100514.jpg

Roger that ;)

I disagree entirely. The optical needs of a 1x hamper the high end magnification. This is well known. Combine that with the difficulties of making a daylight/red dot bright FFP scope, and all of a sudden the 2-10x, 3-9x, 2/3-12x start to make more sense.

I have the Weaver 2-10x36. It was IMO, a 2-10 done right. 50ft+ FOV MIL/MIL illuminated, FFP. Wonderful little scope rides around on a varmint rifle. I hunt big game with LRHS 3-12, not as likely to end up with a deer in your lap, as coyote or bobcat out here. Either would work fine for the other. I wish they would have done a 2-10 LRHS. I liked the NF 2.5-10x32. I wish it was FFP though.

Just a friendly bump to see if anyone has time behind one of these? I'm looking to see if this is a worthy upgrade to my non-illuminated Bushnell 3-12 LRHS for an scout rifle/SPR type of platform.

Liking the additional detail on the reticle over the LRHS reticle and the addition of illumination is handy.

ETA. I just found @DedicatedShooter s review here so I'll see myself out then.

Last edited:
I I like it a lot but hate that it is working so well for me on the ar and bolt action 308. i am now debating getting a trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44 or 4-30x56 for my 24 inch 308 savage. (left handed) I like the christmas tree reticle. and by the way, I can see the detail starting at 5x and above magnification, so i think the ffp is plenty useable in this scope. I don't really hunt all that much, realy just wanting a tactical toy that I can work on building my sniper skills. If you help, i will tell you whatever you want to know about the 2-10. My friend says it is really clear class, i think so too but don't have much to compare to

Attachments

• arpic.JPG
    arpic.JPG
    588.3 KB · Views: 325
Reactions: adamjma
@smattmul I guess I'm just looking for validation that it is in fact at least comparable if not a step up from the very widely loved Bushnell LRHS 3-12, of which I have two. Sadly not illuminated, and the reticle is a little spartan for my tastes as well.

@smattmul I guess I'm just looking for validation that it is in fact at least comparable if not a step up from the very widely loved Bushnell LRHS 3-12, of which I have two. Sadly not illuminated, and the reticle is a little spartan for my tastes as well.

I have not had the chance to compare that particular scope side by side. I think the eye box is a little too tight for firing on the run. It heavy on my bolt gun but looks and feels good on my heavy MCX. Can;t tell that the illumination is on if shooting from a shaded area out to a sunny target. I took a deer at 4X from 65 yards away.

I could realy use your help trying to pick out a scope for the 24inch 308. I like the Tenmile 3-18x44 or 4-30x56 to share a similar reticle with the credo 2-10...

This guy seems to know more about the 2-10 Credo

Last edited:

This guy seems to know more about the 2-10 Credo

Yeah I found that too and added it to my original post above as well for others looking. Overall he seems really pleased and has other nice glass, but it's his first review some I'm looking for a few more data points before jumping into the pool.

Love the fact it is FFP. My go to hunting rifle has a Swarovski PH 1.5-6x42 FFP.

I have been looking at this scope. I wish it was 44mm and had the dual red/green like the Credo 1-8.

Made an account today specifically for this thread. Ive been at the AKFiles since 2014 under the same name.

For those not wanting to read through my book, here's the cliff notes.
Scope is very clear and crisp
The elevation and windage turrets are nice, would like either a cap or locking on the elevation
Illumination is being temperamental, it very clearly took a hit and now theres a loose connection, I have not contacted trijicon for it and likely wont. (Edit: messed with it and it seems the cap isnt holding the battery in enough to make good contact, made a plastic shim and works as expected)
At $920 for the scope Id give a hard look at the Primary Arms 2.5-10 GLx as well now that its a thing with a mil tree and not just a BDC.
Solid 8.5 out of 10 considering the abuse its received.

I've been playing with this 2-10 for the last year. I built up a 16" lightish weight 6.5CM AR 10 to accompany my 24" Tikka CTR 6.5CM

The guns operate as a "matched set" if you want to call it that. The idea being that both rifles shoot the same caliber, 1 semi auto acting as a spotter and then the bolt acting as primary. The scope on the Tikka is a primary arms 6-24 GLx with athena Mil reticle. To match it I wanted something more mid range oriented but still with a Mil reticle for spotting hits and calling corrections. The trijicon credo 2-10 was one of the only scopes that could meet what I was looking for without breaking the bank, or being a pig of a scope. Keep in mind, the credo is $920 from BDU, the next best competitor to the application IMO was the vortex razor at double the cost. I was willing to give up the 1x for $900.

The 2-10 is in a seekins precision 30mm 20 moa base. I havent set the zero stop due to still dialing in a handload for the gun. I have played with it out to 600yds and so far tracking appears to be very good for intended purpose. Keep in mind this is a 16" faxon big gunner barrel, very lightweight and it is nothing close to a precision rifle by any means. The rifle and scope have taken quite a few hits since I first received the scope back in May. Never has the zero shifted internally through the abuse. Externally I had an issue that I didnt realize till after the fact. We were shooting about 500 yds, I didnt dial in, just hold over in the reticle and went way over target. My hold was about 3.5 mils. Next shot dead hold, spot my miss at about 1.5 mils low. At some point the rifle had taken a hit or bump on the elevation turret and turned the turret 2 mils and I didnt catch it. Do the math and 2 mil bump + 1.6 mil and everything made sense again. The scope needs a cap or locking on elevation.

The rifle has fallen out of the back of the pickup a couple times, once my fault, once my FIL, both not paying attention when dragging equipment out for setup. I have also done some barricade work and run n gun drills with it. Not alot, just for fun to see how it would drive. The 2x obviously isnt as fast as a red dot, but if you are used to lower end LPVO scopes like the strike eagle or competitors to it then you'll appreciate the higher quality of credo. Budget (<$600) LPVO 1-8 is not an acceptable comparison to the credo, it is competing with LPVO's above its price point. I can still shoot both eyes open with the 2-10, again not as fast as a red dot on my VZ 58, but I really wasnt a whole lot slower either, couple seconds through the runs entirety and rifle weight was more of a factor.

Only other con is the illumination. Its finicky now, loose connection. If I turn it on, it doesn't. Consistently if i lightly push the illumination turret in it will light up, but as soon as I take my finger off it turns off. I do not use illumination much, and for the most part the scope gathers enough light that I dont feel the need to mess with it much anyway. I also have very good eye sight, so for someone who doesnt, it may impact them more significantly. (Edit: messed with it and the cap isnt holding the battery enough to make good contact, a plastic shim has resolved the issue completely)

I would buy another personally. The abuse and beat around that its gotten, the weather its endured (not arizona hot, but kansas hot high 90s) as well as some cold weather, snow work (not Minnesota cold, just KS cold usually still above 0F) has proven that its maybe not a deployment duty grade optic, but I would say its definitely way above range grade, and its priced kind of in the area where a regular guy who wants a nice scope that will perform can budget and get something that will serve well over their lifetime.

Attachments

• 20210214_101004.jpg
    20210214_101004.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Reactions: PBWalsh
@sboone

Great review! Could you go into a bit more comparison to the PA 2.5-10x44mm you mentioned. Looking at both for a recce type setup to possibly replace a TA31 ACOG as I want something I can dial with and can’t really find a LPVO that ticks the boxes I want.

@sboone

Great review! Could you go into a bit more comparison to the PA 2.5-10x44mm you mentioned. Looking at both for a recce type setup to possibly replace a TA31 ACOG as I want something I can dial with and can’t really find a LPVO that ticks the boxes I want.
I dont have one right in front of me, a buddy got a 2.5-10 a little bit ago and I got a bit of hands on but havent shot with it yet. Consider this kind of a first impressions kind thing I guess.

Overall it feels a little bigger, but it has the same turret setup and glass as my 6-24 GLx. IMO the turret setup of the GLx is what makes it such a contender. The locking turrets are just really nice and very responsive. The 2.5x was right on the edge where I wasnt really immediately able to pick up the reticle like with the trijicon or a LPVO/1x with a both eyes open kinda thing, just hard to focus.

If you were gonna give it a score system

Trijicon pros over the GLx 2.5
Tool less turret zero (still needed to set the stop)
Slightly lighter and smaller foot print
Lower low end magnification is a little easier to pick up and focus with both eyes
Glass seems just a bit brighter
So far has shown that it can take some hits and still perform when needed

GLx over the Trijicon
The turrets, zero stop AND zero lock
More responsive turret adjustment
Price $300 less than the trijicon

You only really get 1 reticle choice with the Trijicon, kind of a tree reticle that isnt too busy with a dot for an aiming point.

The GLx has a mil grid with a horse shoe chevron kind of aimpoint, this does help with that little extra low end magnification to pick up faster. But theres also an ACSS variation.

Interesting to note you feel the Trijicon is lighter that the PA as the Trijicon is actually heavier and longer that the PA. I guess there is a perceived difference in the 36 (Trijicon) vs 44 (PA) objective lenses.

One thing I like about the 2.5-10 GLX is the parallax adjustment. I was pretty happy that I could easily see the .22 bullet holes made by my AR in white target paper at 100 yards. I'm usually shooting at around 45x or so with my other rifles so I don't know if that's a big deal or not though.

I have the Raptor reticle in the GLX and I'm thinking of getting another with the Griffin reticle for another .223 AR.

Possible, I cant wait to see what this 2.5-10 is about side by side the trijicon

Definitely interested. I’m just looking for something around 12”, 20oz, ffp, mil/mil and these two are the closest thing to that ideal without breaking 1.5k. Not that there is anything above that price that can do it, though the March 3-24x42 F1 comes very close.

Definitely interested. I’m just looking for something around 12”, 20oz, ffp, mil/mil and these two are the closest thing to that ideal without breaking 1.5k. Not that there is anything above that price that can do it, though the March 3-24x42 F1 comes very close.
Was able to play with both the trijicon 2-10 and the PA GLx 2.5-10 side by side today. We didnt send a whole lot of rounds down range but got an idea of how they stack up to each other.

The trijicon is on my my 6.5 creedmore AR10 build and has the MIL tree in it.

The PA GLx was on a buddys' Daniel Defense 18" AR15 and had the ACSS Raptor reticle, not the griffin mil.

Right off the bat, eye relief is absolutely a pro to the trijicon. Im not sure if it was just because it was set up by someone else or if it was just the scope characteristic, but on 2.5x I had to get off the scope quite a bit, then when dialed up to 10x I had to be right up on it. That was pretty inconvenient for me. The trijicon was pretty good through the whole magnification range. 2x was also nicer than 2.5 on the low end, but I like the horseshoe on the GLx better on low power to pick up and the griffin mil retains that I think.

I didnt get pics but they are comparatively sized when side by side and neither one really seemed out of place.

Again the turrets on the GLx are awesome. If I could have those turrets on the trijicon I'd be really happy.

I cannot vouch for durability of the GLx, we dont have many rounds on it and it hasnt really had to endure any abuse, but it seems that it should be just as solid as my GLx 6-24.

Magnification ring on both is smooth through the range when adjusting, the Trijicon comes with a little nub installed and the GLx has a small fin.

As it stands right now
Trijicon +
Eye relief less temperamental
Larger magnification range
Durability

GLx+
Aiming point in the reticle, especially on the low end
Turrets
Price point

Between these 2, what I wouldnt make a consideration because they are pretty equal on both

Illumination
Glass quality
Size
Weight

@sboone

Thanks for the thoughts on the two optics. Can you look on your Trijicon and tell me the country of origin?

Why doesn’t anyone bring up the Whiskey5 2-10x42 in these conversations. I am no optical intellectual. But I got one and it’s not too bad!

For the record, I have a GLx 2.5-10x44 here and started looking at it. In terms of features, I think they got it right. We’ll see how it holds up.

ILya

I saw that you had one on your scope mounting video. I was hoping you would test a 2.5-10x GLx.

Why doesn’t anyone bring up the Whiskey5 2-10x42 in these conversations. I am no optical intellectual. But I got one and it’s not too bad!
I think that the Whiskey 5 is a SFP scope and these are FFP scopes that they're talking about.

Ah, okay. Plus, I just checked and it’s discontinued. The specs are all over the place and mostly wrong. This thing is tiny and light.

Yep, FFP or busy for me. Lotta scopes nail it in the size department (looking at you Leupold) and forgo turrets, reticles, and a FFP.

I picked a Trijicon Creedo 2x10 last summer / fall, hoping to find a tree in a mid range optic.

I found tree to be not-obvious at 10x (slightly too fine), and clarity to be in the "okay" range.

I may have had unrealistic expectations at the price point, but I was relatively disappointed.

There are a few scopes that I am comfortable recommending to friends.

This is not one of them.

Reactions: RedDirtRifleman
I have a PL-x 1-8 Griffin and it’s badass. I like the way it illuminates the entire horseshoe. It’s very quick to acquire targets with on 1x.
5FE97828-0A5C-4B11-AA5F-40AACBC282B4.jpeg

Reactions: TacticalPlinker

The FOV on lowest power is considerably less with the PA 35.8ft vs 50ft @ 2.5x and 2x respectively.
The FOV on the PA @ 2.5x is actually worse than the likes of the Viper PST 3-15x44 which is about 41ft.

It'd be nice if the Trijicon had a reticle more like the ACSS or at least had some design elements that aided visibility on the lower magnification settings.

Reactions: Neurotic
I have a PL-x 1-8 Griffin and it’s badass. I like the way it illuminates the entire horseshoe. It’s very quick to acquire targets with on 1x.
View attachment 7570133
How do you like the eye box on that? Is easy to get behind for a snap shooting at 1x ? --- say from behind a barricade.

And that the other end of the spectrum how is the eye box sensitivity at 8x? Do you find yourself fighting to get a clear sight picture or it just comes together nicely?

Thanks

How do you like the eye box on that? Is it overly sensitive or easy to get behind for a snap shooting at 1x ? --- say from behind a barricade.

And that the other end of the spectrum how is the eye box sensitivity at 8x? Do you find yourself fighting to get a clear sight picture or it just comes together nicely?

Thanks
1x is quicker than an RMR with bright illumination of the horseshoe and chevron. I haven’t used a lot of 1-8x scopes so don’t have a good comparison but it feels easy to get behind. Definitely tighter than 1x but not like you’re searching for a good view either. The reticle was the deal sealer. It’s just plain badass and on target.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
1x is quicker than an RMR with bright illumination of the horseshoe and chevron. I haven’t used a lot of 1-8x scopes so don’t have a good comparison but it feels easy to get behind. Definitely tighter than 1x but not like you’re searching for a good view either. The reticle was the deal sealer. It’s just plain badass and on target.
Because this scope is made by LOW I don't see any downside to trying it out. Griffin Mil looks very fast to range. This with an offset red dot covers all bases.

This Trijicon 2-10 FFP is something I am considering for an air rifle. I shoot rats and chipmunks from a window in my home, and need something that can be used at low power for very close range shots (10 yards) and then zoom in for targets at 50 yards maximum, although I will play with paper targets at 100 yard occasionally for fun. 80% varmints, 20% plinking.

I currently have a Nikon 1-4 Black Force, which has some dots for pellet drop, but I find myself wanting a bit more magnification for the longer range shots. I also have a Nikon Prostaff EFR 3-9, which works pretty well but the reticle is a basic duplex style with no other markings and capped turrets, so it is not the best for dealing with the arc of a .22 pellet on the fly.

Are there any other scopes in the 2-10 or 3-15 range I should look into? I am looking for FFP because sometimes I often won't shoot at maximum mag for rats, but I will zoom in on the chipmunks that are at the very back of the yard and I prefer the holds to work at any magnification. I want a mil/mil scope but I don't have much need for wind markings ala christmas tree style reticle.