• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Trijicon REAP-IR v2 battery pack solution

wigwamitus

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2014
LBJ
Ok, the dealer finally got the inventory issues worked out and it ready to proceed with this one.

Per the dealer, these have been tested in cold and rain conditions with multiple "equipment abuser" beta testers since last fall with no recent issues.

50057315813_c7f690aac1_h.jpg

50060349291_419021a677_h.jpg

Using an Anker 10k mah USB pack they can run all weekend on a single charge and still have power remaining.

The unit will be offered both with and without the battery included.

Please PM for pricing.

Payment terms will be PPFF only at this time.

The units should ship within 1 week of order being placed/payment received.

Last edited:
Any pics or other posts that show how the cable passed into the battery compartment or what's being used to make up the contacts?

... what's being used to make up the contacts ...

Its a plug, like in a number of the other battery packs.

More pics in the works.

does this work with the other battery pack style since its a single CR123 unit?

Trijicons have supported 5v + ever since I've been using them ... like right now ... my patrol with one batt shows 2.31 and with two batts shows 5.4

Workin' on some pics of the REAP v2 battery indicator with the battery pack in use.

Reapv2 60mm right after start up with battery at full charge ...

50075758236_fb41e6643b_h.jpg

Report on Battery life test.

Avg temp 72F
Run time with 10k mah Anker = 16 hours continuous

Reactions: camocorvette
Will have to check, last i heard he went to alaska

After some initial install problems I got mine to work and ran off a 7500 ma battery or whatever the candy bar sized one is in anker for at least 7-8 hours and maybe as much as ten or more. Fell asleep lol. Now if I could just find something with picatinny adapter to a flat plate that I can use my 3M mushroom Velcro on I’d be set.

Reactions: wigwamitus
It doesn't have quite as much capacity, but an Anker PowerCore 5000 is a cylindrical USB battery that, with a couple wraps of black tape, fits well into a single 34mm low scope ring and mounts right on top of the REAP or you can put it on a rail section. I haven't tested it for run time yet, but it works fine. What would be slick is if Wigwamitus' supplier were to solder on a male USB plug that turns 90 degrees just beyond the plug surface. That would ruggedize the unit quite a bit. No complaints. Just an idea.
IMG_3914.JPG

I’m liking this idea even more. Bought that same battery last night to try the ring experiment before I saw that it worked for you. They have reconditioned ones for $13 too FYI. Maybe they make these rings in low too. Couldn’t find them yet.

Last edited:
I was asked for a pic of the unit with the anker. Here is that pic !

50494084191_803bfa8e9f_h.jpg

Ok, the dealer finally got the inventory issues worked out and it ready to proceed with this one.

Per the dealer, these have been tested in cold and rain conditions with multiple "equipment abuser" beta testers since last fall with no recent issues.

Using an Anker 10k mah USB pack they can run all weekend on a single charge and still have power remaining.

Please PM for pricing.

Do you still have these kits battery pack available? How much? Not sure how to pm but I have the money for my Christmas Present. I'd like to get this before Christmas. Let me know.

Last edited:

Please PM for pricing.

Can anyone tell me where to pick this up? Or where I can buy this battery pack setup?

Reactions: Frog05
Anybody hear from Frog? I PM'd a week ago and no response.

do you use another battery with this or just the pack and the "battery adapter"? I've had this for years and just got screwed with the cold weather