• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon TA31RCO-M150 ACOG...

bm11

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2010
Maine
I have a good deal lined up on one of these, a demo model. It is super bright, and no visible scratches or wear. Comes with the ARD, pouch, lensepen, box, etc.

I guess I'm just trying to get an idea of whether or not it's worth buying. It has the red chevron, which I like, but I have found a wide disparity on prices ACOG's bring in general. This seems to be one of the more expensive ones out there, but I'm not sure why (I'm no ACOG expert.)

I'd like to mount it on my SCAR, but ultimately I'd probably end up reselling it.

Any idea what the market would bear for such an item?

Also, is this a "good" ACOG?

Sorry that I am such an ACOG newb, there just seem to be a TON of models out there.

Thanks,

-Bob

Re: Trijicon TA31RCO-M150 ACOG...

Well im new to the forum but I do have some time on acogs. Have you looked through this model yet? I would try and see if the eye relief is ok with you.

I have also noticed on this model that the non-lit right side of the reticle blures out for me. I called trijicon and they said it was normal...its a non issue for me though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ledgehittr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well im new to the forum but I do have some time on acogs. Have you looked through this model yet? I would try and see if the eye relief is ok with you.

I have also noticed on this model that the non-lit right side of the reticle blures out for me. I called trijicon and they said it was normal...its a non issue for me though. </div></div>Yeah, but I would have to mount it up to really determine if the eye relief is OK. I didn't notice anything blurry about the reticle except that the fiber optic was WAY too bright.

I picked up a stag 6.8 spc and put a 4x32 acog with red dot & ghost ring. It's the ticket for after dark shooting for all us guys that have never owned a illuminated reticle. This fall, it was awful warm during our moose season and they only moved after dark. I didn't see a bull, but did throw up on a few cows after 11 pm and I could put the red dot where I would have shot if it had been a bull.

Anyway, the caribou showed up yesterday, about 1000, some super nice bulls on our summit. It was snowing and blowing up there and I decided on shooting the first bull I could try that 6.8 on. So I came up on about 25-30 bou riding in on trail on 4 wheeler with several 2 year old bulls (the older bulls stink so bad this time of year but younger ones not so bad). So I did the sneak and got into about 250 yards and the wind changed or something, anyway, they started moving away from me. I kept waiting on them to start feeding again, but they kept moving. When they were about 550 yards, they stopped and one turned broadside. So I figured better crack a few off or I would be up on that summit all afternoon and it was cold. That ghost ring covered the entire caribou, but actually the 6.8 was bought for 100 yard targets anyway. I aimed over that young bulls back and didn't hear a hit; third shot I heard the hit and he stopped. I shot 2 more times and he went down. The rest of the group looked back at him, then took off. I hit him in the leg & gut shot him. It was awful hard to target that red dot ghost ring at that distance. If I would have had my 30-378 with the leupold, that bull would have been dead first shot. So I don't see that acog as a distance scope, but don't regret buying it one bit. It's a close range scope, but I did hit that bou twice at 550 yards out of 5 shots. The 110 grain didn't go completely through both sides either.

Anyway, The wife wrapped both hind quarters & the T-loin and I'm going to clean up the fronts, ribs, and maybe skin out the head for soup in morning.

Luv that acog just the same, everybody should have one on at least one AR. Will be nice on snowmachine with team sling this winter.

acog reticule is barrel length/bullet weight specfic. the scar has plenty of rail so,you should be able to get correct eye relief w/o to much fuss. i have used acogs since the mid 80s , you cant kill them.when properly used you can be very fast and accurate on man sized/type targets. not the scope if you want to shoot bug holes.( use regular type of scope w/crosshairs)

Yeah bird dog, I keep coming back to "what will I use it for." This place does have a nice return policy, so probably the best thing to do is to take it for a test drive.

I have an TA31RCOM4 ( I don't know what the difference is) on my SCAR and like it. I haven't found much use yet for the horizontal stadia. A TA31F would have served me just as well with a few hundred $$$ savings.

I would like to know what the m150 is as well. It is still calibrated for .223, but I don't know what barrel length.

The M-150 is the Army adopted & issued version of the TA31RCOM4.

It has the ARD with laser filter and flip caps.

They are both calibrated for a 14.5" barrel.

I imagine the Army added the flip caps and called it the M-150 just to be different than the Marines.

The Marines also have the A4 version for their 20" rifles.

Thanks purdue. I'm wondering how far off it will be, setup on a 16 inch SCAR and an 18 inch Larue Stealth? Most work will be inside 230 yards anyhow, so I'm sure it won't be a big issue.

BM11:
I've shot my TA31RCOM4 on my SCAR out to 200 yards and haven't noticed much difference even though it's calibrated for a 14.5" barrel. The biggest difference will be the balistics of the round you are shooting compared to the service ammo it's calibrated for. If you hand load you can always load to have your round match the balistics of the 14.5" barrel. But again I don't find much difference. Maybe it would be more obvious at longer ranges.

I put 15 rounds in a life size prarie dog target at 200 yds with my ta31f shooting crappy wally world 50 grain bulk pack . I think the chevron is easier to shoot smaller groups with . I have this on my carbine.
DSC_0063.jpg

As previously posted I have both the TA31F and the TA31RCOM4. I find the TA31F more of a bargin than the RCOM4 since it's several hundred $$$ less expesive and has the same dual illumination as the RCOM4. Additionaly IIRC it's calibrated for the 16" barrel, one less worry.

I tend to recommend the TA31F over the RCO models.

First the 31F has a BDC that is an average between the rifle and the carbine. It will be close enough to get hits on man sized targets with both the M4 and the Rifle.

With the RCOs you pay more for the mil hashmarks. Those hashmarks can be useful for those who are adjusting indirect fire. However they are generally too large for any other practical use.