• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Precision Rifle Gear Tripod caddy QD ideas?

Hotshot001

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2022
UK
I have been using my Armageddon gear tripod caddy for a while now, and I love the thing! Only snag is its a pain to take down and re-attatch if I want to use my tripod for rear support in a match.

For the guys at the back shouting tripod rear is for pussies, I hear you, but once in a blue moon it can save my bacon in a match!

Anyway, after several minutes staring at it figuring out what I could sew on / cut off to make take down / reassembly easier, I thought why not ask the hide! Someone is bound to have butchered one before?

Thinking of adding some FIDLOCK style QD magnetic buckles, instead of the velcro wrap arounds. Would make reattaching SUPER easy & quick.
81UDKkA8uXS._AC_SX679_.jpg

(Pic from AG Facebook page)
151752739_4038662569518603_49174544013571312_n.jpeg

QR Buckles are fidgety once you try to cinch them on tubes.

They do better when they have padded insulation between them and the tube, as it allows them to cinch without causing a fulcrum/teeter-totter effect.

Easy job though for someone with even a small bit of experience on a machine.

Reactions: Hotshot001
just quick off top of my head. and no idea if it adaptable to item or your needs of QD ?

-
QD.jpg

-

Put the hooks on the caddy. Extra straps for any screw ups on cutting/sewing etc.

Attachments

• IMG_7681.png
    IMG_7681.png
    985.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7680.png
    IMG_7680.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Are there any other manufactures of caddies that are simpler and lighter?

Yeah the AG caddy was just too big for me. I just got a 10” x 7” admin pouch that has paracord retainers to hold the front open perpendicular to the ground. I ran some 1” webbing through the MOLLE on the rear with standard buckle attachments to loop around the tripod legs. Similar to what @kindabitey linked, just a little smaller

If you want something rigid, get a kydex or CF car seat back MOLLE organizer & attach what you need to it. There are different lengths available

Reactions: Makinchips208
just quick off top of my head. and no idea if it adaptable to item or your needs of QD ?

-
View attachment 8424362
-
-

Something just popped in my head while was taking a piss a minute ago ...OK simpletons, Here is another WAY simpler and EASY way for Q.D. a Tripod Caddies .. This one so easy a Chimp can Rig it up .
Just use 0-spur grommets / 1/4" on the tripod Caddy fabric side edge .
Use 1/8" Bungee Cord w/Ball to pass-threw Grommet, and wrap around Tripod leg to stretch and hitch-over top of the Ball .
-

Q D for people that cant figure out things for themselves.jpg

For the one I have at work, I sewed on GroveTec QD Sling swivel and attached our QR collars on each of the leg. So now it just push button on and off. But since it’s a turned part with 3D edges it makes that caddy pretty expensive.

img_8510-jpeg.8425038

This is kinda what i want. But i think they are out of business

Attachments

• IMG_8510.jpeg
    IMG_8510.jpeg
    720.6 KB · Views: 50
For the one I have at work, I sewed on GroveTec QD Sling swivel and attached our QR collars on each of the leg. So now it just push button on and off. But since it’s a turned part with 3D edges it makes that caddy pretty expensive.
Can you post some pics

I have used a “tactical” back of seat organizer from Amazon for the past two years. Get the Molle version and set it up how you want for $20/$30 bucks. Drape it over the tripod head and one strap around the legs and off you go.

Just got this from walmart online of all places. Not too bad for $20

Attachments

• IMG_9340.jpeg
    IMG_9340.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 25