• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

maxpower220

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2010
Pensacola, FL
Saw Tron last night at the theater. I loved the movie. However, I would rate it as a C+ movie. The visuals are second to none. The music reminded me of the the last 2 Batman movies. Those 2 things made the movie worth every penny, and 3D is getting expensive.

The acting is OK to good and the movie plot seems random until the end. There are a lot of holes in the plot and after movies like Inception and Matrix, I think the audience expects more from the plot.

Re: Tron

I saw it last nights as well BUT NOT in 3D.

I liked it...great visuals...

The ending... well... NOT what I expected.... seems to me there could be a PART 2.

Matt

I know a lot of films this year have been disappointments in 3D, but that's primarily because they were done as 2D > 3D post conversions. "Avatar" was different because they shot everything in stereo and carried the process through post production consistently.

"Tron" is done the same way so it should be a pleasure to see in 3D, especially in IMAX.

Proud former colleague plug: visual effects were done by Digital Domain, with much of the key people who did the effects on "Benjamin Button" and "Zodiac". Eric Barba originally supervised in the the commercial division of the company but built a successful feature film pipeline around his commercial team and toolset. They did the Nine Inch Nails "Only" video as a first test case for Fincher, which lead to "Zodiac". From there it was a series of Orville Reddenbacher commercials that layed the ground work for "Benjamin Button." The director of this new "Tron" film is Joe Kosinski, a former 3d artist as well.

The first hour convinced me the second wasn't worth my time.

Just an Ok movie. Special effects and 3D didn't seem that impressive. Acting not great but a hot chick - Olivia Wilde.

Saw Tron last Sunday. Might as well have seen it in 2D and saved a few bucks. They didn't really take advantage of the 3D format. Not much stuff flying off the screen. In addition, there's a lot of scenes that were filmed in 2D (there's also a disclaimer to this effect at the start of the movie). Avatar and Alice in Wonderland made much better use of 3D technology.

Not great, but a good movie. I sould say the same about the original Tron.

Actually, the disclaimer is because the "real world" is shot 2D and everything on the Grid is 3D. It surprises me you say that about "Alice in Wonderland" as the 3D process was a complete 2.5D post production hack. We killed ourselves in the final months trying to make it not give people headaches because initially the 3D stuff was shot all wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SamStafford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't wait for it to come out on DVD. </div></div>

The movie is just OK, the only thing making it "good" is the 3D.

Saw it today in 3D. The visuals were fantastic. It was an entertaining movie, worth the cash to me.

You know, Vman - Sydney has the largest IMAX screen in the world (if I recall).

I thought it was a fun movie and worth seeing but the plot was a little on the lame side but made sense and clung to the original concept well. The Daft Punk sound track was pretty cool.