• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Trying to decide on a rear bag

taseal

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2011
SE FL
Looking at Triad's tapered rear bag, TAB rear bag, and red tac gear rear bag

I want it to be under 30 dollars. and give me a nice stable platform

it will be used with a bipod and B&C A2 stock.

I like that the TAB rear bag and be attached to the legs of the bipod for when I'm not using it, keeping it handy for when I need it, and stays with the rifle. I think to get the right 'height' with that, I have to attach the sling thing to my hand and use it 'height' wise to get the proper height. with the tapered, it looks like it's easy. just slide back and forth for where you need it, and squeeze it for fine adjustments.

the red tac seems big and fat, which can be nice and stiff giving a better platform

Any of these will do I suppose? I'd honestly would prefer the one that would give me the most stability.

like I said, I'd like it to be under 30 dollars.

I just looked and for my rifle to be around 0 degrees, I need about 5 inches in the back by the end of the stock. so about 4 inches high, and then I can squeeze it to get 4-6 to adjust for aiming up or down.

Thanks!

Re: Trying to decide on a rear bag

I just cut the lower leg of a set of FRACU"s the part with the small pocket sewed up the end filled with cob meal for my case tumbler and sewed up other end, if you wanna get fancy you can add a zipper so you can adjust the amount of fill but it was cheep and works for me.

Check out Lonewolf's bags 8541tactical.com they're really nice. They strap onto the rear of your sling, but they're super lightweight so you hardly notice they're there when you're shooting offhand or whatnot.

I used the small Triad tapered bag with my B&C A2. I really like the fact that you can just slide it back to adjust the hight. I bought one of the grimloc D-ring thingys that he sells and attached it to the strap on the back of the bag. I hook mine into my sling or on one of the bullet loops on my stockpack when in tow.

Get a GI sock fill it with plastic bb's like airsoft, ( the only good use for airsoft BB's) tie a knot in the sock and bingo. rear bag.

I use the small Triad Tactical wedge with my rig and really like it. Lonewolf is good to go also but I did not know he made his own bags until now lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a GI sock fill it with plastic bb's like airsoft, ( the only good use for airsoft BB's) tie a knot in the sock and bingo. rear bag. </div></div>

Thought about it, but I'm not sure if I can get the wanted height with it.

Tell you what thou, those gi socks are tight and would work real well, but I dunno if I can get 5 inches out of it.

I'll buy some BBs and try tonight

I bought a TAB bag and I love it. It shipped quick as hell too so that was nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJ Rawr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought a TAB bag and I love it. It shipped quick as hell too so that was nice. </div></div>

Where ya get it?

I bought my TAB from Rifles Only webstore. Steve at Triad Tactical also sells them and both of those locations have customer service, shipping, and communication that others try to emulate.

Josh

I'm looking for so,something to use when getting groups, zeroing, chronoing, etc. Not for tactical use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell you what thou, those gi socks are tight and would work real well, but I dunno if I can get 5 inches out of it.

</div></div>

Easy to do. Been using one for years. I'd recommend using poly pellets though instead of plastic BBs. The poly pellets are smaller and form easier in the hand.
P1010475.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out Lonewolf's bags 8541tactical.com they're really nice. They strap onto the rear of your sling, but they're super lightweight so you hardly notice they're there when you're shooting offhand or whatnot. </div></div>

+1 for LW's bag. I have one, its compact and light.

I got the TAB from Triad about a week ago and had it on the range on Wednesday. The strap allows you to get a good hold on the bag and the fine adjustments you can make with a little pressure are nice features.

The buttstock also seems to settle in to this bag nicely. I had a cheapo set of bags that I got from wally world and they were so stiff that the forend/stock just sat on top and wiggled around. The TAB is much softer and much more stable.

The only reason I chose the TAB instead of the Wedgie is because I didn't want to have to physically relocate the bag to make adjustments if I'm shooting targets at different elevations and distances. A little squeeze on the TAB gives me everything I need with minimal disruption to the NPA.

The Triad, TAB and Red Tac will all suit your needs. Choose the one you think you will be most comfortable using.

Have a red tac, was too stiff, bought a TAB bag, all is well.

Get the TAB bag and you won't need another one.

I just received Triads large tapered rear bag and will use it tomorrow.

Get several, they are not that expensive and see what works for you.

+1 on the TAB. I like that it can be used in three positions which can come in handy shooting up or downhill.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking for so,something to use when getting groups, zeroing, chronoing, etc. Not for tactical use. </div></div>

Triad Big Wedgie will suit this need quite well. Great bag from a great guy.

Have three and use the caldwell the most for prone, I really like the TAB but a lot of times its just too big

I got some BBs at walmart (whatever the cheapest one was, 9 bucks I think)

got my GI sock out and filled it up. I put a zip tie on the end and then flipped the empty half over the full half. then I got another really tight black sock and fit the GI sock in there, then flipped the empty half of that on top of everything. ended up with a real tight, very good feeling rear bag. I have to sew the ends up and close it up, but it works real well. I tried it out and put the cross hairs on an object outside, and it was pretty steady.

Pretty happy, I'll see how it works, and go from there... for now, the 9 dollar rear bag will do.

dsc01175m.jpg

dsc01173aa.jpg

dsc01172ck.jpg

Get the big wedgie from Triad. The small one didn't seem stabile enough. The big bag is perfect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SKS Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get the big wedgie from Triad. The small one didn't seem stabile enough. The big bag is perfect. </div></div>

These work perfect. ^^^^^^

I have one and love it. I have the small and large pillow/bags from Triad also.