• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trying to get an AMP. Shipping frustration.

Sgtsideways

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2021
Usa
Been looking at an AMP Annealer but one of the big drawbacks is the fedex shipping that Creedmore Sports uses. I've had nothing but problems with fx lately and I really don't want to go that route. Are there any other distributors that are USA based, so I can use UPS instead? I've offered to pay extra, but I guess it's a contract thing with Creedmore. Don't get me wrong, they were very polite at Creedmore Sports.

I bought direct and it was shipped fedex...

I bought mine direct from their website, shipped through their distributor in NV - arrived in less than a week. Weird that it's through Creedmoor now?

Reactions: Kaveman44
Use a FedEx pickup location....like in a grocery store...so you do t have to deal with FE delivering at your house?

Reactions: Sgtsideways
You can still buy direct from Nevada
“Free shipping via FedEx”

The answer to the question you actually asked, OP, is no. It’s coming via FedEx or not at all. Maybe you can buy one used and get it sent some other way.
Honestly, Creedmore is a top notch distributor. I’d let them FedEx it to me knowing they’d make it right if it failed to show.
What happened with FedEx? They are the only reliable shipper in my area. I’d take them over either UPS or, god forbid, the USPS.

Reactions: Baron23
“Free shipping via FedEx”

The answer to the question you actually asked, OP, is no. It’s coming via FedEx or not at all. Maybe you can buy one used and get it sent some other way.
Honestly, Creedmore is a top notch distributor. I’d let them FedEx it to me knowing they’d make it right if it failed to show.
What happened with FedEx? They are the only reliable shipper in my area. I’d take them over either UPS or, god forbid, the USPS.
You ain't shittin, USPS is a fucking joke... Throw shit out on anyone's porch without giving a shit.. overpaid useless bastards..

Reactions: Jumper
I just bought one. Don’t remember the carrier. Bought it direct. It was shipped from Vegas. Came within a week. Creedmoor is just the middleman...order direct...when I looked Creedmoor had none in stock

As someone who's new to using an AMP (after sitting in the garage with a drill and blowtorch like some reloading-hobo for a long time), I wouldn't give a shit if it came by camel as long it showed up in 3-5 business days.

Gunstop reloading supplies in Minnetonka, MN had some the last time I was there. Check them out online

I just got one about 2 weeks ago, bought direct from AMP, the NV warehouse apparently was out of stock. Still shipped free direct from NZ got it in something like 4 days. I'd skip Creedmoor sports and go straight to the source, just my 2 cents

Reactions: Kaveman44
Shipping to a local fx shop turns out to be the answer. I can avoid the obnoxious driver, but an 80 mile trip. What a pisser. You pay all of these high shipping costs and still end up with lousy service. Sign of the times I guess.

Your over thinking this. I bought direct from AMP, ships from Nevada. Does UPS, FedEx have issues, of course. Personally I have not had any, doesn’t mean they don’t exist though. You can always fly to New Zealand and pick one up. Good luck