• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TT Adaptable first immpression

PBWalsh

Preston Walsh Fitness
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Central AL
So, just got in a TT Adaptable with the stainless flat shoe for an SPR I’m building up (just awaiting my WOA 20” upper now, should be here in 8-12 weeks). Trigger looks gorgeous, obviously well machined.

Go to install it to find no trigger pins! WTF TT, why no pins yo? Whatever, went to PSA and ordered some pins and a couple more mags. Canabalized some pins from another AR in the meantime and installed the TT on the SPR lower. Super easy install and not one cuss word (new record!). Installation was smooooooth.

Adjusted the pull weight to max, then clicked it down. Then clicked some more. Eventually clicked to where TT says to stop (3 clicks above backing the screw completely out). My pull weight should be at 3.0lbs (.75lb 1st stage, 2.25lb 2nd stage). Each click is 2oz according to the website.

Cool, now to compare to my 4.5lb Larue MBT-2S flat. I’m expecting the TT to totally piss on the MBT. I mean, this is a $240 trigger right? The MBT is $87, this should be no contest right? My beloved MBT is about to take a dirt nap, so I thought.

Well, I was wrong. The TT is very very slightly better than the MBT. I’d say based on today’s dry firing, the MBT is 95-97% of the trigger that the TT is. Is it worth $240? Not at all in my opinion. Glad I got mine for $190 secondhand new-in-box from a guy on AR15.com.

If I were to keep the TT at 4.5 like the MBT, the MBT wins by a large margin. Kinda disappointed in the TT right now. The TT seems better because its pull weight is less.

Will probably end up keeping it though. I can see how it seems smoother in the prone and it does take less perceived effort when breaking the shot (due to the pull weight). Perhaps I’ll come to like it more when I can actually put live rounds downrange.

So either chalk this up as a lesson in the law of diminishing returns, or that the MBT-2S is just that good of a trigger than can compete with something 3x its price.

8060C37D-47CC-497F-8E43-D006DA76E952.jpeg

If anyone is looking at these two units, I highly suggest picking up the MBT-2S first, I really don’t think you’ll see the need in the TT Adaptable. That said, I would like to try the TT Diamond as well.

Anyways, just my first impressions. Hopefully I‘ll like it more once the whole build comes together.

I was glad I tried one before succumbing to the hype and ordering one. It's good, but doesn't blow the socks off the way people say it does.

Pretty much any aftermarket trigger is going to be better than a standard 8 ton milspec trigger that feels like a wood file with the creep of a 20' recovery snatch strap. What you get when you put each of them up against each other is exactly what you said, diminishing returns. It just comes down to how much are you willing to pay for that marginal increase.
Personally, I like my TT triggers and have them in my four ARs. Yet I can understand why some feel the gain is not worth it over cheaper options.