• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Turd floater

Snuby642

Two Star General
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    Water over the hood of my 4x4 f150 with 36 inch tires and a 2 inch lift on nearly flat road.

Rotating wall cloud, debris all over the road and my ass in the middle of it.
    Actually the middle.

West side of fort worth a mess.
    Did not see any roofs come off but some shingles, limbs and assorted stuff. Not the first time I got in the middle with stuff going around.

Truck got a good carridge wash.lol

Hope no one got hurt.

Remember big spinny cloud bad? stay safe we had some baseball size hail that stopped about a 1/4 mile from the house

I'm in Azle, about 10 miles west of Fort Worth. Tornado sirens going off and rain like i have never seen in all my 65 years. Property access road is gone. It will take me two days to get it to where I can get out to hwy 199.

I mistakenly took a lull in the action for a time to run home. It back built on me.

Over the years a pattern I know very well repeated itself.

Rain.
    Hail.
    Lull.
    Funnel.

Like a moth to a flame, again.

Been smacked by funnels in 3 different states, knocked down twice bleeding ,
    Drove through one in a school bus full of scouts, right through it in a low spot on the highway, scared me bad.

Have never figured if I'm blessed or cursed?

Still kicking.

Wish I had a basement.

@flashhole I was between 199 and 287.
    Hope everyone is ok.

I got lucky again.

There were more twist ups than the news was covering I think.

Figure they are still pulling small cars out.

Last edited:
    Water over the hood of my 4x4 f150 with 36 inch tires and a 2 inch lift on nearly flat road.

Actually the middle.

Did not see any roofs come off but some shingles, limbs and assorted stuff. Not the first time I got in the middle with stuff going around.

Hope no one got hurt.

1st thing when get a chance, dump your front/rear differentials and put new gear oil in . only takes a teaspoon of water to milk-out the oil .
    high water cost me a rear end rebuild-$ , oil is cheap .

Man y’all stay safe, looks like this is just the beginning of a long week the way things are lined up

North and west of fort worth getting ate again.
    Hope it mellows before it gets here.
    Have lost some of the heat for power.

We r getting hammered north of Denton

Pouring rain & heavy storm.
    Fortunately no risk of flooding.

These are some full strength storms like I haven't seen for a few years.

Down by Stephenville, just some sprinkles. Looks like the storm line is sagging South toward us now

Last 2 days I’ve run back and forth from the upper Great Lakes region to Houston. You folks in TX and OK stay safe. Big, non-frontal storms with little movement = damage and flooding. One more run to Houston and back tomorrow.

Where you located sarge?

I’m in Shreveport, about 180 miles east of Dallas.

It’s a mud hole here, luckily we just got heavy rain and lots of lightning. My wife’s family up by McAlester Oklahoma weren’t so lucky Tuesday night, got their roof ripped off by a tornado. Keep your heads down.

The rain was pretty bad along the Red River. My rain gauge went over at six inches. The horse’s feed buckets were half full this morning so I’m just saying it was a half-bucketful rain

Reactions: Snuby642
    I used to live in Midland back in the mid 70s. Those storms still make my ass pucker just thinking about them!

Actually the middle.

Hope no one got hurt.

Damn! I remember seeing that on the radar the other day. It wasn't rough here in North Austin, but Waco/DFW and Richardson were looking rough on the map. Glad you made it through with minimal issue.

I've never been more scared/surprised in my life than a lightning strike that hit about 30 feet from me in an open field during an approaching strong storm cell. It was the "positive" type of lightning that pulsed for seconds. Never smelled so much O-Zone since then. I've also never experienced anything louder than that to-date.

^^^^ yea sucks worse when it getts a little bit of you..
    Burnt hair! Mustache, eyebrows and knocked down with my wife looking on as I hit the deck twice in the last 30 years.
    Once indoors, 4 ft from where I'm sitting now. Burnt hair stinks.
    o_O

And you guys wondering why my posts are messed up? Lol

• Haha
    Reactions: Barneybdb and AIAW
    ^^^^ yea sucks worse when it getts a little bit of you..
    Burnt hair! Mustache, eyebrows and knocked down with my wife looking on as I hit the deck twice in the last 30 years.
    Once indoors, 4 ft from where I'm sitting now. Burnt hair stinks.
    o_O

And you guys wondering why my posts are messed up? Lol

Holy shit. Like you got hit by it!?

I was on an ATV at the time but I always wonder how messed up I might have gotten if I as connected to the ground.

Y’all ain’t gonna believe this, but I was about 8 ft from a guy who got hit by lighting once.... he was leaning against the fire engine and it hit, loudest thing I’ve ever heard, I looked over at my friend and he just said “ well that one got me” and fell over. The fire we was at was a house that had just got hit by lightning

After the last few days everyone was ducking thier heads at a sprinkle today.
    We have faired better than some in other states luckily.
    My condolences for those less fortunate.

We just got alittle rain today, nothing bad. Looked pretty dark down by ft worth and west of there

I've never been more scared/surprised in my life than a lightning strike that hit about 30 feet from me in an open field during an approaching strong storm cell. It was the "positive" type of lightning that pulsed for seconds. Never smelled so much O-Zone since then. I've also never experienced anything louder than that to-date.

Back when I was younger, at the start of this one big storm, I was up on the metal roof of this big tall metal barn dropping the coverings and the storm starts coming in. I look up and see a bolt of lighting coming straight down over my head and hear a huge thunderclap at the same time.....
    It hit a transmission pole just a bit higher than where I was about 50 feet away.

• Wow
    Reactions: AIAW
    Back when I was younger, at the start of this one big storm, I was up on the metal roof of this big tall metal barn dropping the coverings and the storm starts coming in. I look up and see a bolt of lighting coming straight down over my head and hear a huge thunderclap at the same time.....
    It hit a transmission pole just a bit higher than where I was about 50 feet away.

If you were like me, it was probably an absolute miracle that you didn't shit your pants!