• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Turn in my retirement packet today!

I was going back looking at my old posts and came across this one.

Update: 24 1/2 months into retirement and loving every minute. I bought a used 18 1/2’ bass boat and have fished an avg of 3-4 days a week, every week since. The crappie population has put a bounty on my head. Lol

For a very fleeting moment, about 5 months ago, I considered going to work for a neighboring sheriff’s dept. The sheriff has been hounding me since the day I retired to do some PT work. But, just don’t want to. lol

December of my 1st year of retirement I got into ELR shooting. Wow! That’s addicting. Bad part is, travel to ELR ranges is far for this Illinois based flat lander. But, it’s not like I have to go to work on Monday’s. Lol

Retirement….I HIGHLY recommend it!!

December 30th, 2023 was my last day, so far it has sucked, lol. Every 90yo relative has croaked, collapsed or had a dire emergency. But, I do enjoy sleeping in most mornings and going to the range four days a week.

Reactions: oneshot86
I hate retirement... now that the other half just retired .

I now have a hall monitor and supervision... DAMNITT!!! :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Do it sooner if you can afford to,
rather than waiting.

Congratulations to those who are retired, and to those who have a date on the calendar for same.

I retired Jan 4, and haven’t looked back. I don’t miss that place not one bit. I’m busier than ever, but a lot of the time is enjoyable, the time not ”enjoyable” is because we have property and I’m doing regular maintenance and stuff. I’ve spent some time upgrading the wood shop also. I worked my ass off, most of my life for an unappreciative company, and now I can do what I want after putting up with their crap for a long time.